• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Most OS Zone?

Mike C

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Plan to order my first premium plastic Zone today and I am wondering how the plastics compare in terms of overstability. Is there much of a difference or should I just grab the heaviest one I can in the plastic that feels best for my grip?

the ESP is the most OS. If you can find a Cryztal FLX it will be close. The Z's, Glow Z's and Cryztal Z's fall in line next in no particular order.

I keep buying backup Zones, but I never get to use them because my ESP I got over 2 yrs. ago keeps on keepin' on... I have come across a couple domey ESP zones, might want to hand pick and find a concave/board flat one.

I have a concave crystal zone and it is beefier than my flat esp zones

Agree with the majority on ESP. Haven't noticed any loss of stability and I throw mine frequently

My Cryztal FLX (stiff as hell), is crazy overstable. I don;t see an ESP being any more overstable, not even sure if its possible.

Haven't thrown it, but my friend has a Cryztal that is board flat. I like the grip of my ESP way better.

I have had this slightly concave ESP zone in my bag for a solid 2-3 years now. Gets thrown all the time, have not had to dig into my backups yet. Still super beef.

All the concave Zones in any plastic I've tried have been more overstable than their flat counterparts. ESPs have been the beefiest of all.

^^^ this has been my experience.. but i have yet to throw a flx.. hard to believe something could be more overstable then my concave esps tho.. and i throw em around 169g lol

All the concave Zones in any plastic I've tried have been more overstable than their flat counterparts. ESPs have been the beefiest of all.

I agree with this. As long as it's concave, you'll be a happy camper. I would advocate buying an ESP Zone, though, simply because they're cheaper. I only throw a Glow because I got it in a trade, and I like the stamp.

I would save the extra money and get something in a little prettier and grippier plastic line. The Lucid Suspect from DD. That's just me though.

In a Zone though ESP is the most OS.

Pretty much what i was gonna say. Esp, or any that are slightly concave are gonna be your beat bet. My cryztal and z are a touch glidier, not sure theyre less OS really, sorta think the extra distance makes them seem a bit less os and its an illusion. Either way, they can be harder to range at first because of it. I never really had that problem with my concave esp, dropped like a brick, which isnt a bad thing for a disc like that.

The brand new black or white first run Ds or the First of the ESP Zones are the most OS. Currently, I'd go with a concave ESP.

Pretty much what i was gonna say. Esp, or any that are slightly concave are gonna be your beat bet. My cryztal and z are a touch glidier, not sure theyre less OS really, sorta think the extra distance makes them seem a bit less os and its an illusion. Either way, they can be harder to range at first because of it. I never really had that problem with my concave esp, dropped like a brick, which isnt a bad thing for a disc like that.

I have not thrown any other zones, but I can say for how beefy the Glo Zone it does have some glide before the hook.
:)

They are all meat hooks. ESP consistently is the most os. But the z,glow,cflx are all beefy too. Is say go with what you like. I never liked ESP plastic and almost dropped the zone. Grabbed a z zone and I won't look back. It was all about the plastic for me.

I may have a glow z I'd sell or trade ya mike c.

I agree with ESP - its very overstable. I keep an ESP and a beat pro D. The beat D flies like a slightly shorter buzzz, but I really like it for shorter approach flick shots that I need to bend around something and then flex back at the very end.

Latest posts