• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Most overstable driver you've ever thrown

Champ dominator and TI nuke, the most ridiculous overstable pieces of crap I've thrown. Both found and even with a FH that launches overstable drivers they just are hook machines even when anhyzered.

I think an X1 or H1 (can't remember which it was, but it was very flat), but I must admit my experience with stupid overstable discs is limited.

C line PD2. From my limited sample of one disc each, it's more overstable than a FAF FB, H1, Phase, and Energy.

X1 or H1 for me also. They are useless for me. I haven't thrown whatever Gateway disc is supposed to be crazy, or a Stiletto though.

Champ Monster -> Z Flick -> Gold Line Stiletto

In that order. The Stiletto I was able to reach out to 320', the Flick 250', and the Monster I hurt myself trying to get it to 200'. To this day I have yet to throw anything more stable than the Monster. Traded the Monster and Stiletto in at a PIAS in SA so now some other soul has that disc. I still have the Flick but will probably trade it soon.

For reference I can get my Bosses and Destroyers to ~450 on a line drive.

glow max. next to my star monster on a flat surface, the rim was a good 3mm higher. It literally hurt my shoulder to throw, it was already trying to fade before i even released it. It would also flex out of tomahawks instead of curling under. Now I have one of those flat flx trackers that say 3+ stability and it's not nearly as beefy. the tracker just flies like a justice with better skips.

glow max. next to my star monster on a flat surface, the rim was a good 3mm higher. It literally hurt my shoulder to throw, it was already trying to fade before i even released it. It would also flex out of tomahawks instead of curling under. Now I have one of those flat flx trackers that say 3+ stability and it's not nearly as beefy. the tracker just flies like a justice with better skips.

That just made me laugh so hard, I can't even imagine that level of overstability. I bet that was quite the disappointment in game when the disc rolled the complete opposite way than intended

Nuke os

What is it? I think I found mine today. A flat Nuke OS. No dome at all. Fished it out of a lake earlier this year.

Just looking at the disc I had some inkling it would be pretty overstable. Usually Nuke OSs have some dome though. This one is literally board flat.

Wow. Even out of the hand it shoots left and flies like a brick. No distance to speak of and zero glide. I'm even used to throwing overstable discs, but this one is on a whole other level. Its so glideless and short I couldn't even find a spot for it in the bag.

Anyone else have any real glideless clunkers? This disc was practically useless.

Mine is the same. I have a flat Nuke os that is the same way. Most stable thing i have thrown in my 7 years of golfing. Great skips though!

I think Innova is the only company from which I've found no driver that equals the Nuke OS, which I'd say is the gold standard for overstability. I haven't thrown newer Apes, though; just FRs. Some of their slower discs are equally overstable, though, but I think being max speed should be considered.

FR flat Nuke OS or a LE Tracker, though a Jolly Launcher PD2 is very close and equally glideless.

frost line spark. stupid os. and the slick plastic doesn't help its case either.

most os that stays in the bag is the xxx. my utility, wicked forehand/no other options disc.

What is it? I think I found mine today. A flat Nuke OS. No dome at all. Fished it out of a lake earlier this year.

Just looking at the disc I had some inkling it would be pretty overstable. Usually Nuke OSs have some dome though. This one is literally board flat.

Wow. Even out of the hand it shoots left and flies like a brick. No distance to speak of and zero glide. I'm even used to throwing overstable discs, but this one is on a whole other level. Its so glideless and short I couldn't even find a spot for it in the bag.

Anyone else have any real glideless clunkers? This disc was practically useless.

Throw it overhand as a thumber. I have a Monster and a Spark, both overstable and flat and both are great thumber discs. Even if you play mostly open holes, having a reliable thumber will improve your game. 300+ft with a thumber is far from useless :).