• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Most Popular Triology Discs

In sales through Q2 2015 at Infinite;

Drivers:
#5: L64 Saint (first disc to rank that wasn't Innova)

Fairways:
#4: L64 River
#6: DD Felon
#10: L64 Trident

Mids:
#3: DD Truth
#10: L64 Claymore

Putters:
#2: DD Judge
#6: L64 Pure

Locally, this seems like a pretty good representation of what I see. I'd add the Bolt as I see a ton of those too.

I would also add that the PURE is the coolest throwing putter that I do not own. I just like my 400 Pa3 so much i dont have a need for it.

Hmmm, I must be a big noodle arm. What distance are these turning over for you? I find the Maul less US than the River.

The River wouldn't turn over all the way too often, only on an ugly release. The Maul was turning hard at release and would usually turn into a roller around 200' for a 300' or so roller. I've never practiced throwing rollers so I don't have the aim or know the angle to hit to take advantage of that shot. Might be a good disc for me to bag that way, but I just passed it to a buddy.

The Renegade was the same story, slightly less US and would usually just ride an anhyzer line to the ground. However, I've had it roll a few times when I bagged it consistently. Normally, on a slight hyzer line, the Renegade would flip flat and sail for about 350' and fade back. Not a bad disc by any means, just didn't fit with me.

Last summer I went on a Trilogy kick, got a couple Swords, a King, a Sorcerer, a Bolt, and a Saint. The Saint worked well, but all the drivers were massively understable. The Sorcerer just burned over right, the Swords were quite understable, but controllable and had amazing glide, the King would always come back with a decent fade, but not before flexing out of a HUGE right turn, and the Bolt was just a L64 King in my mind. Not quite as far right, but not the flights I prefer.

The River wouldn't turn over all the way too often, only on an ugly release. The Maul was turning hard at release and would usually turn into a roller around 200' for a 300' or so roller. I've never practiced throwing rollers so I don't have the aim or know the angle to hit to take advantage of that shot. Might be a good disc for me to bag that way, but I just passed it to a buddy.

The Renegade was the same story, slightly less US and would usually just ride an anhyzer line to the ground. However, I've had it roll a few times when I bagged it consistently. Normally, on a slight hyzer line, the Renegade would flip flat and sail for about 350' and fade back. Not a bad disc by any means, just didn't fit with me.

Last summer I went on a Trilogy kick, got a couple Swords, a King, a Sorcerer, a Bolt, and a Saint. The Saint worked well, but all the drivers were massively understable. The Sorcerer just burned over right, the Swords were quite understable, but controllable and had amazing glide, the King would always come back with a decent fade, but not before flexing out of a HUGE right turn, and the Bolt was just a L64 King in my mind. Not quite as far right, but not the flights I prefer.

My river HATED bad releases and made sure I knew when I made a mistake. As for the Renegade I have only had it turn and not come back once, and it was a poor release on my part. Everytime I throw the renegade I get a pretty S flight out to around 330'.

My river HATED bad releases and made sure I knew when I made a mistake. As for the Renegade I have only had it turn and not come back once, and it was a poor release on my part. Everytime I throw the renegade I get a pretty S flight out to around 330'.

Interesting. Either I'm doing it right, or my River (GL plastic) is being generous with me. Only issue I've had with it is it sometimes not flexing out and fading but continuing to drift right (RHBH) or go straight, thus ending to the right of the target. But not all that badly.

It *is* starting to get beat in a bit with use, and I'll add that I almost never throw it for full power distance but for control and accuracy.

Great disc, though. Love having it in the bag.

My store sales at KWs is close to Infinite's numbers:
Trilogy total for 2015
1. Judge
2. Truth
3. Pure
4. River
5. Harp

My River is an Opto. Might have something to do with the flight I got. I also got it used. It was majorly finicky and majorly US. The Maul was just a straight burner. I threw it for about a week before letting it go to a buddy. I just couldn't get that thing to fly flat. For reference, I love Prodigy F7s and M4s, both majorly understable, but I can still control them and not have them burn on me. I would never deny that my form is far from great and it could be entirely that I was trying to meat-arm them or giving far too much anhyzer. My form is more likely the problem than them being bad discs. I do trust Trilogy to make solid discs in GREAT plastics with incredible glide. No doubt there.

Surprised the world has not been mentioned.

So far what I see is what I have thought.

Saw the trident on their which was a surprise. I love it. But I'm addicted to OS shorter range fairway drivers.

Haven't seen the XXX. It is the sexiest disc ever.