• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most unpopular/uncommon disc you throw?

Panther fans unite! I love the darned things and have close to 50. I bag a champ Panther and a champ PantherL. The L mold panther is more rare and more understable with a flatter jaw. To my knowledge none of the PantherL are labeled as such.

Even rarer still there is a GremlinL. The Gremlin was originally made as an X mold of the Panther and released as the Ching Sniper. Sometime around 2007 Innova made a single run of white Star L mold Gremlins which feel and fly like a more stable Panther. I have one, and only know of one other person who has any of them.

Also currently bag Kaxe, Kaxe Z, a 162 gram Diamond, and a Gripline Spike and Pure.

I could've said anything from my Secret Santa, but none of these are going in the bag :p And apparently aren't in anyone else's, so it fits.

16097935361_ba28e55b43.jpg

I love my Comet! I don't know too many with them either, but it is my go to disc for pretty much anything that I can't approach with my putter.

I used to always carry a Stratus as well which I never seemed to see much of. I think it flies great but i'm guessing its a little old school for most people these days?

Sometimes.. I bust out the star wedge. It's kinda crazy the shots you can pull off in low wind. Never seen anyone else use one for throws, only a dx as a putter

Zephyr, Polecat (really?), R-Pro Dart. Lately I've carried 2 Zephyrs.
Is the Pig unpopular? I LOVE my pink Piggies.

Prodiscus Respecti. I don't know anyone else who has thrown one, let alone owns one. I have 2 first run premiums that are about the most overstable disc I've ever thrown. Plus a second run premium and a new ultrium. Just a great overstable fairway.

I rarely see anyone with any prodiscus at all.

I love Respectis. I have like 3 premiums but just replaced the one I was using with my new ultrium one. Can't wait to dye it, its a super awesome bright blue color.

I also always bag a jokeri and laseri. And I occasionally carry a midari, slaidi and legenda. Midari has been money for me all winter so far.

Gateway Warrior is one of my most used discs that I rarely see on the course. If it were readily available in clear premium plastic & marketed better it would be one of the most popular mids on the markets. It's fast, reliable & extremely comfortable in the hand.

I also use the Illusion for overhand shots. It has the most reliable flip of any disc that I've ever thrown and can be used on a multitude of angles with precise accuracy.

I'd recommend both of these molds to anyone and everyone

My bag minus the Drone. DGA is a foreign language to most anyone on the courses around here. The only ones I see are the ones I've given to friends.

Uncommon: Glow Undertow
Unpopular: Shockwave - I've gone back to bagging one for flex shots in the woods

Patrick Brown bags a Panther!

I bag a champ Panther, use it mostly as a utility disc. Makes a great woods roller and forehand annie disc too! I used to carry a Wedge and then a errrr (probably get some flak for this) a Wolf for that role, but the Panther rolls much better.

Probably the Star Aviar. People hate on these a lot. These people have likely never used a properly broken-in one. Mine is a first run San Marino 175 and it took 3 seasons before it flew like an Aviar should. Starts out not great, but the results are worth the wait.

Last edited:

Latest posts