• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most unpopular/uncommon disc you throw?

The Happy Gilmore

Par Member
Did a search but couldn't find anything on this subject. So if there is one please post the link.

What is the most uncommon/unpopular disc you currently throw?
For me, I'd say a panther. It's the perfect shot for anything dead straight when powered down under 300. Anything over 300, and you have a sweet turnover disc. Do any pros bag a panther? I don't think I've ever disced with another person who even owns a panther.

The most "unpopular" disc in my bag is probably a Tensor.

Back in the day, I used to throw an Arrow, which gets a lot of weird looks on the course.

I would have to say the MVP Shock, no idea why it's not more popular. It's not even the most popular OS fairway driver in the company, you always hear about the Resistor.

Currently in the bag would be a Pig. But I used to throw a Discraft MRX a couple years ago. Now it just hangs on my wall.

Tursas. I don't think it's unpopular, it's just not very common. The perfect under stable mid imo.

I also threw the wolf for quite a while. Don't let that take away from my tursas review.

Last edited:
Prodiscus Respecti. I don't know anyone else who has thrown one, let alone owns one. I have 2 first run premiums that are about the most overstable disc I've ever thrown. Plus a second run premium and a new ultrium. Just a great overstable fairway.

Well, I throw Destroyers, Firebirds, Teebirds, Roc/3s, a Zone, and Aviars.

So whichever is the most uncommon of those, which I'd say NONE!

Probably a toss up between my Champion Panther and my King Cobra... or possibly my Champ. Dart... or... oh heck, pretty much my whole bag. :hfive:

What is the most uncommon/unpopular disc you currently throw?
For me, I'd say a panther. It's the perfect shot for anything dead straight when powered down under 300. Anything over 300, and you have a sweet turnover disc. Do any pros bag a panther? I don't think I've ever disced with another person who even owns a panther.

I throw a Panther as well. I have gone back and forth whether I really like it or not, but when it makes some miracles happen after bad drives, it makes me a believer. My champ still doesn't have consistent turnover. It will turn slightly, but come back with fade.

I guess my Aftershock. But I switch up midranges a lot, so it'll probably come out for a Roc or Buzzz some time. Then I'll be left with a Polecat or Hurricane (neither of which I feel are particularly unpopular).

I throw a Panther as well. I have gone back and forth whether I really like it or not, but when it makes some miracles happen after bad drives, it makes me a believer. My champ still doesn't have consistent turnover. It will turn slightly, but come back with fade.

Apparently Panthers are more popular than I thought. At least three of us in this thread are throwing them so far.

Polecat. More interestingly though, I would have to say as honorable mention, my Comets. Unbelievably, to me, almost no one around here throws them. Most of the local players here either throw Rocs or Buzzzes for that slot.

Comets are hugely popular in the Carolinas.

52cfa562021c4c144f132c85c40a1ec19d1e1fedb4dc0764ed06e137d1ae826c.jpg

I'd probably say the Shaman for most unpopular in my bag, but it's new and just a fun super flippy putter.

As far as most uncommon, I throw ESP Flicks and Stalkers(NOT the black PDGA ESP Stalkers), which are both very hard to find, but I have them to throw, not collect.

Latest posts