• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most unpopular/uncommon disc you throw?

These days its either the XL or the Aftershock when my superhero isn't in the bag.

In the past I have played competitively and carried
100-120g putter of one type or another (wizard, challenger, #2upshot, warlock, aviar)
Whitler
Zephyr
Cyclone (was still throwing them through most of 2014)
SOLF's while popular here on the board I never saw anyone non sponsored throwing them.
Ions (while they were still the only overmold worth throwing)
X Wasps
Condor
The list goes on and on. I have actually had a friend ask if I get off on throwing plastic other people don't. Sometimes I think its true.

I don't think it's terribly uncommon but no one has mentioned it here - I bag 2 breakers. Most people have a zone or a gator in this spot but this disc just feels right in the hand. One of our local guys is sponsored by DGA so we see more of their plastic than I'd guess a lot of other places do.

Aside from that I used to love throwing Orion LS's - still haven't seen anyone else around here throw them but I think the DGR crowd used to like them as well. One of my wizards has a warlock stamp - does that count? :)

Tachyon LF or LS? I got an LF I don't care for, but I always wanted to try out an LS.

LF in the 160s is my preferred FH disc for 100-300ft but the LS is okay too if you can find one. I just like the predictability of the LF.

DX Archangel. I don't throw it very often but once I came to understand this disc it became a joy to throw.

It gets swapped in and out of my bag depending on where I'm playing, but the Gateway Warrior is a disc I haven't seen anyone else throwing around my area. I actually use it for short forehands most of the time.

I've been playing around with some other options lately, but I'm still carrying a couple Flashes. I haven't seen anyone else throwing one in years.

Not many people play her locally, and out of the three other regulars I play with we only have one disc we bag in common, the DX Cobra. I bought it for him as a gift too.

Now here is my plug/advertisement: The most uncommon disc I bag would have to be UB Discs LEX putter, even though they are made 89 miles down the Interstate form me! I feel less likely that I would bump into someone playing with one compared to my other molds.

Last edited:
I still have my 1st run Wedge bagged, it's what, 3 or 4 years old now? If it doesn't turn over, I did something VERY wrong.

The most uncommon in my bag currently would be my MVP Tensor. Not a bad disc, but very similar to my Zone that it doesn't get used often. The most unpopular I bag depending on the course would be my Aerobie Epic. I only carry it on courses with lots of water, so I'm not throwing it on a hole where trees are much of an issue (it gets beat to hell real fast for those of you who didn't know).

I use the groove and the monarch. 2 really great discs. People bag on them but all that matters is I can throw them for drop ins.

Latest posts