• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most unpopular/uncommon disc you throw?

My roller disc is a well loved Discraft Marauder. I dont like using OOP / rare discs if I can help it but what this disc does for me on the ground cant be duplicated.

I carried a magical PFN Wolf that looked like it was a carried around by a wolf, yet somehow didn't turn in the wind. ...but I recently had a 75' roll away into a pond and I haven't been able to get it back. I've pulled out something like 13 or 14 discs trying to get it.

I have probably posted on this thread before, but my bag line-up has changed almost completely.
Two candidates for unusual, less popular discs:
First, a D-Line P3. What an under-rated disc. Point and shoot straight flyer for distance. Very hard to find (Please PM me if you have one you can sell to me!!!).
Second, a Star Wedge. Fantastic for short shaped throws. It's touchy for distance, but a gem if you have to shape a shot under 150'

I've recently retired it from my bag due to a combo of old age/flight path deterioration from a ton of use and collisions with trees, and that I have 2 aces on it & want to frame it one day, but I used to roll with a Star TeeDevil as my go-to long driver for a really long time.

It's been supplanted with a G* Boss for long forehands and a Westside TB King for long backhands, but man, could that TeeDevil do a mean flex line.

I've been tossing a couple of Dx Teebirds. I know they get love on this site, but it's pretty few and far between seeing another person bag them.

I try to stick with popular molds. Having a mold you bag go OOP due to lack of popularity is no fun. Plus, it's nice to have the litany of plastic choices that popular molds come in. I think the Stag or Berg would be my least popular disc.

I throw a Latitude 64 Bolt. Not sure I've seen or played with anyone else who throws them as much as I do. It's a really flippy speed 13 driver and it needs room to work and you definitely have to know when and where you should and shouldn't throw it but if I need big distance I can always get it from the Bolt.

Mine would be a Vibram Lace.
I love the distance and the shaping I can do with it.
Unfortunately it is leaf colored and OOP.
I carry it, but only use it on the safest of shots.

Z Putt´r and Z Reaper . .fun and rare discs. . . but the Putt´r is mostly a warmup disc

Putt'r was my first putter, and I continued to bag it when I got back to the game. I loved air bouncing it on low ceiling approaches.

Blowfly/Gumbputt is mine. Though DGA claims it's their best selling disc, but maybe that's historically.

I've been tossing a couple of Dx Teebirds. I know they get love on this site, but it's pretty few and far between seeing another person bag them.

Started playing in Aug 2015. Soon after, a local gifted me a lightly used white DX Teebird with stamp wiped ( he was going to dye it). That disc taught me what it looks like to beat a disc in and how to use diff angles with same disc. Was playing a course in TN on a business trip in July 2017, that featured grayish-white rocks and medium-depth ravines. Without thinking about it, I threw my now dirty grayish DX Teebird off the tee on hole 1. Disc got on edge on ground play and rolled somewhere far away. I looked for a bit, but had no idea where it went, was short on time, and still wanted to play the course. God, what a beautiful disc.

I don't know how many people carry GStar Leopards. It was my utility disc for a long time. Kind of did a little bit of everything. One day I looked down and it was not in my bag. Never showed up in lost and found. I have no idea.

Latest posts