• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most unpopular/uncommon disc you throw?

I've been tossing a couple of Dx Teebirds. I know they get love on this site, but it's pretty few and far between seeing another person bag them.

Oddly enough, the current group of guys I've been regularly playing with all bag DX Teebirds. Literally all four of them. And for two of those guys, it's their go-to fairway driver.

I carry a MVP Resistor and I do not see others around me use on. Cannot figure out why, though. For those of us with moderate-at-best arm speed, it is much more practical of an OS disc than the Firebird and all its clones.

All the Prodiscus discs.
Tursas.
Sole (Vibram)
QMS, EXP (millenium)
DGA Rogue.

Most of my bag is stuff no one throws. The only common discs in there right now are 2 leopards and a valk.

I know Wombat3's kind of became a thing last year when GG made it one of his tour series discs... but I don't know many people who actually still bag them (maybe I'm wrong). I've enjoyed nice and long hyzer-flip-to-turning shots with my champ wombat3.

All the Prodiscus discs.
Tursas.
Sole (Vibram)
QMS, EXP (millenium)
DGA Rogue.

Most of my bag is stuff no one throws. The only common discs in there right now are 2 leopards and a valk.

Is the Tursas unpopular? I bag one and I've seen enough others on the course to feel like it's more than just a niche mold.

Is the Tursas unpopular? I bag one and I've seen enough others on the course to feel like it's more than just a niche mold.

Locally, I don't see many. But yeah, more than the others in my list for sure.

Maybe it's just that I actually use mine all the time, and anyone else I know with one throws it like once a round max.

I may be the only one throwing them, but lately I've been loving the Gargoyle. Recently took a trip across the country and brought a Gargoyle instead of a Roc. The extra speed gives me a little more distance without sacrificing Roc shots. Really bummed it didn't make it into production.

I bag a Reptilian Gila. I've never run across anyone else with one, so I would say it is uncommon around here anyway.

I know Wombat3's kind of became a thing last year when GG made it one of his tour series discs... but I don't know many people who actually still bag them (maybe I'm wrong). I've enjoyed nice and long hyzer-flip-to-turning shots with my champ wombat3.

I use a Mako3 for this shot. I think the Wombat3 is pretty much a beaded Mako3? Or maybe the Mako is a beadless Wombat?

A friend of mine used to putt, very well, with a Juju putter... a super soft, clearish, rubbery one, until a couple years ago. They're basically impossible to find so he switched to some gyro mold.

DGA Tremor for turnovers and crazy hyzer flips. Probably the least common disc I throw.