• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Most valuable/expensive disc you bag and throw

Twmccoy

* Ace Member *
The irreplaceable disc thread got me thinking...... what is the most valuable/expensive disc in everyone's bag? It could be some collector disc you bought, or simply a normal disc you paid retail price for years ago that has significantly gone up in value.

My most valuable disc in the bag is a proto star Destroyer. I've had it in the bag about 8 years, but it still flies and looks great. I'd rate it probably 7/10 at least despite being so old. Obviously its open to interpretation how much the disc is worth, but I'd put it at about $50. It flies better than any Avery or McBeth Destroyer I've thrown.

I'm not above throwing an expensive disc around. I'm not going to use them on suicidal shots around water hazards, but I figure they're meant to be thrown.

I also used to bag a CFR Augusta Wraith. I know those aren't as valuable as proto Destroyers, but they're close.

I have a couple of newer signature discs so maybe $25?

One of the guys I play with was throwing some sort of flat top, glow Gator that I think he paid a pretty penny for.

I know a dude who could easily sell his bag of CE Rocs, PFN Destroyers and 11x TB and FB for $1000, but I don't think I have anything ITB that would resell over $30. I've got some Tyrants that are 1st run blanks, maybe those.

Everything I throw is stock, so nothing in my bag cost more than $16 and nothing has accrued collector value.

When I used to play once or twice a year I had a "single-digit-X" Champ Teebird, bought when it was ordinary. Several people told me it was worth something but to me it was just my stable driver. Lost it eventually, so I'll never be disc golf rich. :D

My first run esp le Comet isn't in the bag right now, now that there's production runs but it's damn near an X comet for flight.. It jumps in and out like the glowfly for Halloween and night rounds.

Day to day my custom dye Evil dead Envy is the winner.. With $18 purchase price from infinite shipped to Carolina stamped for $15 ish plus another $10 to ship, not to mention the other one I got done to save on shipping and dye cost I place it at about $45 US which is like $65 CAD with PayPal fees.

Dependant on value my Halloween craves and the plague doctor Envy coming in the mail will also be thrown... I figure if I load are bag with my best it's $500 in plastic. There's a dye 2nd run le esp comet in there too... value debatable.. As far as stuff that's worth money to other people.. Probably nothing haha.

I'm only bagging stock plastic. Just your bog standard star and opto discs. Cheap and easy to find replaceables

2nd run FD. Even that is usually for flick anhyzers. But boy it does them so well and I just love the look/feel of that plastic, so there it is. Lot of semirare signature stuff too but that one is clearly the most valuable.

Watermelon Crave has been in my bag on and off, not sure about the current value (if mint), probably few hundred dollars I think.

My most expensive disc is probably a plasma crave with the infinite discs infinity stamp. Would cost me like $16 to replace.....

Maybe a plaz ion if somebody starts gimping out that they went oop?

So basically... nothing at all of value

I have a CE Spider I throw, I started throwing this disc, the only Spider I've bagged, before they were collectors.
I have some classic late 80s, early 90s DX Rocs, XDs and Aviars that I bag and 1st run 86 Softie is my main putter.

I'm not sure which is more valuable.

I tend to fall in love with hard-to-find discs
RB Challenger
Buttery old Pro-D Challengers
PFN *TB
PFN *Orc
11x TBs
Crystal Stalkers
Old star TeeTex & Max

I'll buck up for the Challengers & Stalkers when I find them $15-$20/each
I have a collection of the older TBs & Orcs, but I'm still a little paranoid about losing them.
I haven't thrown the 11x TBs since their collector value soared above $25 years ago

I'm cheap...

Probably my ESP XL though the 2007 South Dakota State Disc Golf Championship stamp is keeping the disc lower in value they it would be if it had a regular stamp to it.

I did bag until 2019 one of the old pre 2006 Pro D Magnet discs, that disc was well used so not worth much in its used condition but if it was new, the mold would be worth something. I still have the disc as a temporary replacement until a new disc comes in should I need to ever replace a Jawbreaker Magnet.

These are by no means my most value discs as I have a single one time thrown KC Pro ROC from 2009 Ice Bowl. That disc is $30-$50.

Last edited:
I have nothing particularly old nor valuable, so my answer is:

1. The pre-Luna Paul McBeth Prototype Putter that I sometimes bag.
2. The Valarie Jenkins 4x Commemorative Star SL that I occasionally bag.
3. The Tour Series Jen Allen Teebird, Hannah Leatherman Leopard3s (Champ or Star), and Holly Finley Roadrunner. I'm usually bagging one or more of these at any given time..

My bag rotates pretty frequently but I commonly bag: 17 Sexton Firebird, 2 CE valkyries, Discraft LE drone with DD stamp on it, VIP-X Harp, and very very occasionally I have a Proline and a CE spider, but those don't get out much with my new(ish) love for the Buzzz.

I mean in theory the 8X Kc Pro Roc has some value. Or had, anyway. There is some point where you beat the value out of a golf disc, and wherever that point is my 8X is well past it.

Other than that, all the old plastic is pretty well cycled out of my bag.

I don't have anything of real value in there currently. Maybe a LE ESP Comet...couple of tour series, but mostly easy to find stuff that doesn't cost a lot. Cryztal drone might be the hardest to find.

Some crap I still throw (rotates in and out)

11x teebird
Pfn star destroyers
Champ cobras
SQ sentinel
2025 Sexton

Latest posts