• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most versatile driver?

The Flick.

hyzers and spike hyzers
skips
tomahawks/thumbers
rollers
With enough snap it will go straight then fade instead of just a hyzer.

Champ Firebird- I know I don't anny it, but I have straight shots, hyzer shots, thumbers, sidearms, skips, etc.

...Pro Leopard. Not only is it the most versatile mold as far as being able to hold any line but it's also the most versatile plastic as far as best grip, best in wet conditions, beats in but not too fast, and longest distance. You can even putt and approach with it.

Champ Teebird

PD (S-Line, and from the sounds of it, the P-Line will be even more versatile)

and....

Champ Banshee - I love it for headwind drives, FH, get-out-of-trouble flicks, hyser bombs, dog legs, thumbers/tomahawks, etc.

Once you can get a Champ Orc (175g) under control it'll S-curve great, you also have a lot of options on a curve and it's just as good for tomahawk shots. Champ Viking is similar, and much easier to master, but not as much hyzor.

I saw a "fairway driver" comment a while back and let me tell you, my 175g DX Cheetah can tee off, mid-range, approach, AND long range putt. I used my last one so much that it got better and better (out-driving tee-birds and wraiths, despite my sh**ty technique and it's slow speed) until finally becoming so unpredictable (right fade instead of left) that I had to retire it.

Last edited:
I saw a "fairway driver" comment a while back and let me tell you, my 175g DX Cheetah can tee off, mid-range, approach, AND long range putt. I used my last one so much that got better and better (out-driving tee-birds and wraiths, despite my ****ty technique and it's slow speed) until finally becoming so unpredictable (right fade instead of left) that I had to retire it.

My girlfriend throws a 150g Cheetah (that my DG buddy graciously gave to her) as her main driver. When I was practicing this last week on the runway in front of her house (and no, there was no sexual pun intended in that last comment), I decided to take the Cheetah out for a couple laughs. I've thrown my friend's 175g Cheetah a few times, badly. But it was also when I had very bad OAT issues and could never produce anything but a turn-and-burn. Well, I took the disc out, and only throwing it from a standstill, zero reach-back (from mid-chest only and a bit of snap), and with an extreme hyser, I was honestly amazed with the flight of this little disc. It was producing the coolest, biggest S-curve out to 300-320' when I gave it enough height. There are a ton of wooded courses where I play, and this could be a great finesse driver for these types of courses. And it also was a phenomenal tailwind driver. I really need to pick one up now.

One of the first discs I bought was an "X Out" 155g Cheetah for $6.99 at Play-it-Again Sports. I made a lucky birdie over 130 feet with it on my 4th or 5th time EVER playing disc (I've played over 200x by now I'm sure), and I've been throwing with them since then.

most versatile?

not quite sure, but if i had to pick 1 driver i think i'd go either the Eagle or Tbird depending on the course and conditions.

Champ Boss

flicks up to 350, or more aggressive hyzer to get a big right turn (RHFH) and skip

BH hyzer drives, give it some air and even with big height you still get good penetration, hyzers out to 320, nice consistent shot with the Boss, great for holes where you've got space to your right and high and no direct route

BH big skip to the left (RHBH, aggressive hyzer release) shot, I've turned basically a 90 degree angle and then another 90ft doing this shot (birdies on 7 at Dexter using this shot)

BH straight drives, working on releasing the Boss on a slight anny line, 15' height, flexes out then fades in a tight little curve, very little lateral movement at all, and no skip. Out to 400' with this shot.

I just felt one for a thumber, felt pretty good... =)

Latest posts