• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Movement in top 10

WOOT!

Looking forward to it Superberry... I might sneak out in the middle of the night with a chainsaw tho :)

I guess I didn't think about when he played last but I didn't think they were any better from when I played two years ago until this September but maybe I am wrong. . .keep in mind this isn't a knock on you as I know you spend a lot of time out there. .m basically still saying the tees are the only thing keeping WP from being a 5 in my book and I know you wish they were better.
They are. I believe sine mashnut last played, I have improved some tees. Starting in October last year I did the blue tees on 8B, 8C, 13H, 14, and 15, and I relocated tee #2 in July this year.

looking forward to seeing you (Tim) and the gang Saturday at Winter.

Oh; and I'm thrilled that Holler in the Hills just made it back in the top ten.

After my oregon trip next week I will have to make a top twenty course list of the ones I have played. I never really thought of doing that.

Winter park is in my top 15. I'm playing it again soon, and if the tees are in better shape it could make my personal top ten.

:thmbup:

My review of Holler from back in 2009, where I accurately predicted it would someday make it to the top 10. Howie is a great guy and has created one hell of a course.

No offense to you, superberry. I'm sure Winter Park is great, too, I just haven't made it to Wisconsin yet. In fact, it's the only state in the midwest I haven't played. :|

Last edited:
Like I said I'm really excited to play WP. I'm sure I'll think very highly of it. No offense was meant to you tim. I wish I could delete my last post on this thread...super snarky. Sorry.

Rolling Ridge is an awesome wooded course. You get out into the open a bit and can air it out on 1 or 2 holes, but it also lacks distinct water OB, huge elevation, and any other defined OB. It is awesome though.

One other thing Rolling Ridge has going against it in my book is that it is designed with the philosophy that "it should be hard to get par" and then the way that philosophy is acheived.....added length and fairway shapes that discs cannot fly. It is a tweener hole course.....or a "downside" course......or an "upsidedown scoring" course (chuck's term). The scoring separation is caused almost all by bad shots being punished.....not good shots being rewarded. Conservative play is rewarded and risks are not rewarded much.

But....the course does have an awful lot going for it!

looking forward to seeing you (Tim) and the gang Saturday at Winter.

Paul, does this mean we will finally be playing a round together???? The gang was talking about doubles from the Gold Tees, and if they all want a 4hr round, then so be it. I hate to admit, but aside from throwing from the area to set the final locations, I've never actually played from the Gold Tees!

Did Goatman design Holler, or is he just in the disc golf scene in that area? He was supposed to play Winter Park this summer, but it was early when we were having tons of rain.

We had LOTS of rain the past week at Winter, and then LOTS of wind yesterday. Hopefully nothing huge came down.

One other thing Rolling Ridge has going against it in my book is that it is designed with the philosophy that "it should be hard to get par" and then the way that philosophy is acheived.....added length and fairway shapes that discs cannot fly. It is a tweener hole course.....or a "downside" course......or an "upsidedown scoring" course (chuck's term). The scoring separation is caused almost all by bad shots being punished.....not good shots being rewarded. Conservative play is rewarded and risks are not rewarded much.

But....the course does have an awful lot going for it!

Yes, very much so at the Ridge.

Paul, does this mean we will finally be playing a round together???? The gang was talking about doubles from the Gold Tees, and if they all want a 4hr round, then so be it. I hate to admit, but aside from throwing from the area to set the final locations, I've never actually played from the Gold Tees!

Did Goatman design Holler, or is he just in the disc golf scene in that area? He was supposed to play Winter Park this summer, but it was early when we were having tons of rain.

We had LOTS of rain the past week at Winter, and then LOTS of wind yesterday. Hopefully nothing huge came down.

The Goatman didn't design Holler, Howie Baird is the designer and owner. They are pretty good friends though as they own the private courses in that area. As far as being involved in the scene, he definitely is to lesser extent than howie and ernie small (SOKY guys as opposed to HB Clark). His place is probably a 1/2 hour from Howie's which is a 1/2 hr from Bowling Green. So it's a bit far from BG mecca.

Goatman is an awesome dude though, wish you could've met him. He is hosting the Southern Regional Traveling Outlaw Team Tourney this spring...he is a great and most generous host.

Hell yeah the goatman knows whats up. Pretty good arm for an old fella too! :D

I think my next trip has to be down bowling green way, somehow...

My next trip is a hazy cloud in the faraway distance, unfortunately. :(

Also, Tim, I am dying to play those gold tees. Been waiting a year for it!!

Gold tees, ho!!!!! :D

Holler is a super solid course for sure, but not one of my faves. To each their own. :)

That said, it does have one of, if not the, most beautiful holes I've ever had the pleasure of witnessing.

Rolling Ridge feels like the perfect combination of Leviathan and Lemon Lake Gold, imho.

Also, did Greg Goatman sell his property? I know he was talking about selling the Goat Farm and picking up a more choice piece of property. I think he was hinting a while back that it went through...anyone know where he's at with that???

yeah I talked to him a couple weeks or so ago. The farm deal he was looking at fell through, someone bought it out from under him and his wife. So he is still at the goat path. Which hole at holler impressed you juke, 15 (the one with the rock wall) that is probably my favorite looking golf hole ever.