• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Multiple bag OCD

lines

Double Eagle Member
Does anyone else suffer? I have three main bags... one for club dubs, one for familiar singles rounds and one for new course singles. All the bags have different setups. I also have an all glo bag and an air travel bag. Last but not least, i have an all lightning bag (i use this maybe once a year). I forgot about my 'all flick' practice bag... still can't flick.
I know it's not OCD. I get bored looking at the same discs day to day and this helps with the monotony. It also forces me to throw different shots when i don't have the same discs.
Anyone else?

Im always throwing a few different molds for fun it seems. My core go-to stuff tends to stay the same but ive even left my go-to putters at home while messing with some new stuff.

Keeps things fun and able to try different/new stuff! Love pulling out a bowfly or some BS on the tee pad lol.

Having 3 different bags is a nice problem.

Yaep!

Three different bags;
All DX
150 class
And my normal bag.

Changing it up keeps it interesting.

I have 7 bags.

I don't mean 7 different configurations that I trade out, but 7 actual bags, each one ready to grab-and-go.

I've thought about building themed bags but never got around to it. Thought it'd be fun having an Innova bag, DC bag, DD bag etc., to mix it up when playing the same familiar courses.

I keep my bag pretty consistent round to round, whether its a new course or not. I usually have a second bag in my car where I keep a few OS and US utility discs, two or three practice putters, and a couple backups of my core molds in case there's water holes etc.

That way I can tweak my setup for a given round without having to duplicate all my discs in different stages of wear across bags.

Longer course, I'll double up on my distance drivers (e.g. 165g and 175g Nitro & Octane).

Shorter course, I'll take out distance drivers and double up on putters and mids in different stages of wear for more technical short shot shaping ability.

Lots of water or other potential disc eating hazards, I carry backups of familiar, predictable molds (For me It'd be Envy / Vector / Crave / Resistor / Wrath).

The only time I do something different than that is when I take my Gecko out instead of my backpack and rock 5-8 discs.

I have my main tourney bag that stays inside the house and a casual bag that stays inside the car.

My tourney bag is pretty paired down, but my casual bag is essentially a smorgasbord of random discs. I have this thing about trying discs from other manufacturers to see how they fly in comparison to the discs I typically bag and I'll often times use my 'causal bag' as a testing ground for whether or not I want to carry something new in my tourney set up.

I've discovered there's a lot of awesome plastic out there regardless of who's name is on the tooling. I'm a lover of all frisbees now.

I don't suffer with my bags. I enjoy them all.

I have a Shift that I carry when I want to try out discs other than my core 6.

I have a homemade nutsac type that I keep my core 6 in along with maybe 1-2 backups or specialty discs depending on the course.

I have an even smaller bag that only holds 6 but is super lightweight.

I have another of the makeshift nutsac types that I am wanting to turn into a glow bag with leds and foil lining.

I have my Zuca loaded up for 90% of play and all tourneys. I have my Shift loaded up with all Prodigy (my 2015 bag setup) I have my Magellan loaded up with all Trilogy for fun "get out of your head" rounds. And I have my Gecko setup for glow rounds. I have been thinking about getting my old Innova Comp bag back out and making an MVP bag for kick and giggles, but haven't gotten around to it...

Anode, Ion, Tangent, Axis, Resistor, Insanity, Volt, Motion, Trace

These make up all of my bags - sometimes multiples, sometimes fewer

I have 6 bags.
2 Voodoo Karma's - One with blue discs, one with yellow
1 Mahal- Orange and Blue Discs
1 Shift- Orange Discs
1 Salient- Pink Discs
1 Camelbak- Tester discs, summer rounds

All are used, Karma's are primary

Over the years I've switched through a lot of bags. Some with quad shocks - Lightning pro, revo carolina, GB silverback, fade crunch box. Some backpacks - GripEQ L-Frame, UPD Shift, and now the DD Ranger.

The one thing that's solved my bag crisis is my zuca cart. That way I don't even have to worry about carrying a bag unless I feel like it or am forced to due to the course. The DD Ranger is just fine in that case.

I have three ready to go bags right now.

My normal bag
One small bag that just lives in the car
One small bag with discs for working on form

Working on building one more an all Faction bag.

My kids modeling my three main bags/cart. All three carry the same set-up so I can remain consistent.

The Delta is for the big rounds like at tournaments, those rounds where I know it is going to be slow. Also, I use it when trying to video - the cart specifically for the phone and the extra storage to lug around the camcorder equipment.

The Revolution Dual Pack are for the league events or big rounds where I know I would be moving faster and or for courses where trying to navigate with the cart will be unwise. Hence the day glow and yellow color of all the discs, to aid in finding them quicker to maintain a higher rate of play. Also, of my three set-ups, the Dual Pack is the only one that can comfortably carry my DSLR. When I know I want to take photos while I play, I will grab this bag.

The Grip is more for the everyday and practice rounds. I am less picky about the colors, but they are all the same molds as the other set-ups. The only time I do not use these for those practice or everyday rounds is when I am specifically trying to get some seasoning in on the other set-ups.

32620962564_18bcdff99c_z.jpg

I also have a Focus and NutSac for those even quicker, get-in-get-out kind of rounds. I own an older tournament style bag from DGA, maybe nine or ten years old, that long ago broke a strap from a cheap set of backpack straps. Its main job is to hold all the back-ups I need for quick travel and easy storage. An older Crunch Box is now sitting in my classroom filled with 30+ minis that I use with my Mini-Basket. That Crunch used to be my average day bag, but with the Grip no longer being my main big bag, I have no use for the Crunch for anything else than what it is doing right now.

I've got six of them...see if you can spot them.

33946181722_d3f297840c.jpg

Delta 10 Cart
Sextothorpe
Grip C
NutSac
Innova Deluxe
Discraft (similar to the Innova Deluxe)

=Regular play is my small grip.

=I have a next size up grip for tournaments, if I ever get back to playing those again. I'm crossing my fingers cause the bag is new and looks so pretty.

=I made it a pledge to build an all MVP bag from a non back pack bag. Glad I did cause it made use of a descent bag that nearly went wayside.

=A small side carry bag, for mimalist play and doubles as fishing and wade tackle bag.

=I've been eyeing some other companies like the smaller fossa bag as a next bag..

Last edited:
I'm working on 5 bags, Innova/Discmania bag - MVP/Axiom bag - Trilogy Bag - Legacy bag - Prodigy bag, with a little vibram sprinkled in to all of them. :-D

Pre-production Zuca is my main "bag."
Innova Deluxe bag, for those non-cart friendly courses.
The Discraft starter bag, from the Zeppelin Ace Race year, for those 3-4 disc rounds.
And on order is the Lat 64 Easy Go. It just looks cool, to me.
I pretty much stick with the same line up for tournaments & league rounds. Otherwise, I like to put in a new disc or two to test out. I've been toying with the idea of purchasing a bag specifically for my glow discs. Maybe, someday.

Latest posts