• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

music and disc golf

my engineering buddy and i are putting together some statistics on how many people listen to music and play disc golf. we were looking towards building a back pack with a built in speaker system, so that people can listen to their choice of music while they play golf. if you guys have any idea how many people or if you like to play yourself please comment and give me some feedback.

I like music and I like disc golf.
However, I don't like when other people listen to loud music while I'm playing.
Headphones are great.
Loud, noisy speakers are not.

FWIW, I am a huge music lover, but would rather leave it off of the course.

I always have listened to music while on the course...except for the tourney rounds.

Originally hooked up an old school MP3 player to a small portable speaker. Now I just use my Iphone.

I don't care for it, personally. When using the practice baskets it's one thing, but not during a round.

i used to all the time, but have recently stopped in these last couple of months. i have seen my concentration go up as well as being able to find discs a lot easier and quicker. you take fore granted the value of being able to hear your disc hit.

I'll generally listen to music from my phone (it doesn't seem to negatively affect my game), especially if there's not much of a crowd at a course. If it is more crowded I do without.

One of the things I love about DG is that it gets me out into nature and away from the noise of everyday life. So music would ruin that aspect for me.

I listen to music when I'm playing solo rounds and during most tournament rounds as well, but I never do so without using ear buds. I only have it in one ear and keep it low enough that there are times where I can't even hear it (drowned out by traffic or a flowing stream or wind), and certainly no one around me can hear it. I don't really want it to blot out the normal sounds of a round. I just want to have something in the background that I can focus on here and there so that my mind doesn't start wandering. What I don't want is it to be distracting to anyone I'm playing with or distracting me from the people I'm playing with.

I've been practicing my putting with buds in at home. Thinking about pulling it out for my tourney rounds too. Just get in a nice smooth Pink Floyd songs while putting, especially the longer ones to kind of zone out of the world, and only have to focus on the chains and my shot for a few seconds.

I have an Ipod shuffle, i can clip to my hat...have my ear buds tied off short, so there is no wire in my way for my shots. Works pretty nicely really. Might try it out while practicing for my tourney this Saturday. and if i throw alright, using them saturday.

I hook my old android phone up to an X-mini II, I would highly suggest procuring the same type of speaker and using a lithium ion battery, these speakers sound MUCH bigger than they are and last for weeks on a charge.

Yeah this is a bad idea. Headphones are one thing, but not everyone wants to hear what you jive to. I get a bit agitated when my peaceful solo round in the woods or competitive round with friends/rivals is interrupted by blasting dubstep. :wall:

I hook my old android phone up to an X-mini II, I would highly suggest procuring the same type of speaker and using a lithium ion battery, these speakers sound MUCH bigger than they are and last for weeks on a charge.

Same thing, but I use an iPod shuffle. I think the speaker is worth more than the iPod.

When its just buddies, music is welcome. But in league play, I put headphones in cuz there's some guys who are less interesting than a good song. Also, when it gets competitive, I don't wana chat, just throw. Same deal with the gym, if I have headphones in, it's cuz I don't want to talk.

I had a guy ask me if he could join me for a round. I said sure. He proceeded to put in ear phones and listen to music the entire round, while also ignoring any comment I may have made ("Nice shot" "Am I out?" etc.). I found that to be rather rude. If you want to listen to music during a solo round, that's cool. But don't ask to play with me and then put up a barrier between us. Dude became an anchor, weighing down my round.

I hate when people play music on the course. Not just because it ruins concentration, but the sound quality is always crap.

We have come so far

ghetto-blaster-300-100-300-70.jpg

Latest posts