• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Music on the course...

What's your favorite genre of muipsic

• Rock(Classical or new)

Votes: 25 58.1%
  • Rap/Hip-Hop

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Country

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • EDM

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Alternative

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Pop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reggae

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters
Actually you can do whatever as long as it's legal. It may be a nuisance but it's not illegal

Depending on where you are, there are noise ordinances that can come into play which most certainly can bring a question of legality into the equation.

Again, being in public does not give one the right to do whatever they want regardless of how others are affected by it.

Depending on where you are, there are noise ordinances that can come into play which most certainly can bring a question of legality into the equation.

Again, being in public does not give one the right to do whatever they want regardless of how others are affected by it.

Again, as long as it's legal, it doesn't matter. I highly doubt there are any dgers that play their music loud enough to be a noise violation. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean others can't enjoy it. Quit making a mountain out of a mile hill, it's freaking disc golf. None of you guys are good enough to cry about music on the course and even if you were it's a PUBLIC park.

WOW, I agree it is inconsiderate, but not really some kind of social injustice. To my knowlegde the ACLU has not taken up this cause. Sociopath? :rolleyes:

Social contract, not social injustice. I'm not talking about equal voting rights or Jim Crow. The social contract these broadcasters violate is the agreement we all enter into when we leave our house and mingle with each other, to not to be dicks to each other.

Sociopaths was intentionally strong. I'll amend it to anti-social douchebags.

gotta have jams when i play but definately use headphones. i have a little transistor radio for the Twins games. that i play w/o headphones but nobodies ever complained about that...

To me playing music out loud can be very annoying. Just because you can doesn't always mean you should because it can really get on the nerves of other people. If you say "deal with it I don't care" your kinda making yourself a jerk who is inconsiderate of others. When others have there music blaring it's about as bad as someone's dog coming and peeing on my shoes. It ruins the moment. ( I love my dog, no shots fired at dog lovers). If your by yourself do what you want, in a group ask, but if you come up to random people please turn it down.

Again, as long as it's legal, it doesn't matter. ... Just because you don't like it doesn't mean others can't enjoy it.

Let's say someone enjoys passing gas audibly during your reachback, and from your upwind side. Or, let's say someone enjoys making such sounds with his armpit during your putting motion.

Let's say someone enjoys passing gas audibly during your reachback, and from your upwind side. Or, let's say someone enjoys making such sounds with his armpit during your putting motion.

You're talking about playing in a group. Everyone else seems to be talking about other groups on the course they aren't throwing with.

But... I can't force someone to not pass gas, sh** happens. It's disc golf, you're not training for the Olympics. If you're bothered by someone moving in the background or a random noise while throwing, you deserve to throw bad. There is always going to be something else going on while you are throwing, it's called focusing

Latest posts