• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Mvp Amp

could it be a volt with a bead. almost predator like? seems that's sorta like how all the other disc have gone, just opposite in which was released first.

Well its gonna be in stores December 7 according to facebook. We'll all know soon enough.

Well its gonna be in stores December 7 according to facebook. We'll all know soon enough.

That seems very quick, considering how long the volt was in development.

My speculation would be that it is overstable like a PD or pred. Or at least I hope thats what it is, because I got a 170 volt recently and can do nothing but turn it over, so a predator in neutron plastic would be a dream come true for me.

edit:I just read the Facebook post, its supposed to be their under stable fairway, so whoever said they were following their previous patterns (Ion then Anode, Vector then Axis) was dead on. Looks like I'll have to wait a little while longer for my predator in neutron plastic.

Last edited:

My speculation would be that it is overstable like a PD or pred. Or at least I hope thats what it is, because I got a 170 volt recently and can do nothing but turn it over, so a predator in neutron plastic would be a dream come true for me.

MVP announced that it was going to be understable. So if you are doing nothing but turning it over, then you are going to do nothing but roll this.

Edit: Just read your edit haha.

I bet all they had to do is put a different overmold on the driver core they made for the Volt, makes a ton of sense why that wouldn't take nearly as long as the Volt.

Most of what took so long with the Volt was dialing in their new machinery, not so much the disc design.

Well, since my Volt goes dead straight, I'm pretty excited about the Amp. I've actually been trying to decide on a good long range right turner.

And by the way, I think the next plastic they come out with has to be called Electron. How could they NOT do it?

I'm intrigued to see what MVP does with understable, as this is their first US disc of any kind. Hoping it comes workable out of the box and the durability of their plastic keeps it from getting uncontrollably flippy.

I am a little bummed that it isn't an overstable compliment to the Volt.

As a lower powered arm (max '350-'375), I can work my new volts into a ton of lines similar to my leopard. Imagine when they get broken in! Why something more understable?!

just got the email. here it comes. glad i have an open spot in my bag and better update my want list

Actually kinda glad it's understable. Don't really have that spot covered in my MVP bag. Still waiting for a Firebird like driver to complete my bag now.

Another new MVP disc...I haven't even gotten any of the Nuetron plastic at all yet :doh:

December 7th! That's not far away at all! When do the testers get theirs so they can give us the amazing write ups that they always do? I have to say that without them I would have never bought and loved a Volt.

Imagine when they get broken in! Why something more understable?!

The problem is MVP discs are very hard to break in. We'll get something overstable soon I'm pretty sure. I'm happy with an understable driver since I've been using my Volts mostly for shots that don't turn or barely turn.

My bag needs this...was actually thinking about picking up a RR, but now I'll just wait for UPS to bring my Amps.:hfive:

Latest posts