• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

Wow, that was fast MVP! I'll give these beauts a run-through as soon as I can!

e72ed820.jpg

(No the orange is not opaque, just the flash/lighting.)

Wow, that was fast MVP! I'll give these beauts a run-through as soon as I can!

e72ed820.jpg

(No the orange is not opaque, just the flash/lighting.)

I am definitely buying one or two when the finally come out. That would be awesome to be a "tester" for them. I will likely get a green one to match my other Anodes and Axis, but that yellow really looks nice too.

I am definitely buying one or two when the finally come out. That would be awesome to be a "tester" for them. I will likely get a green one to match my other Anodes and Axis, but that yellow really looks nice too.

The yellow is SUPER bright in the sun, probably going to switch to these as my driving putters do to them being easier to find in all conditions. By these I mean eclipse, just gotta wait till they send out some softs now.

Any Anode throwers ever use a Swan2? Putting duties, not driving/approach.

Picked one up, feels great (the Swan), but haven't had a chance to get it on the course yet...

I like putting more with the anode than driving with it.

I am just the opposite, but that is just me. I still cannot dial them in on the course. At home I can make quality putts all day long, but on the course the Anode is ALWAYS just a tad high or low (but always on target). However, I find myself using them more and more when I would have used a mid. It has already taken many shots away from the Axis.

I like putting more with the anode than driving with it.

What do you not like about driving with it? Sometimes I find it almost too straight, as funny as it sounds. The bit of fade @ the end of the Ions flight, to me, makes them a bit more predictable...

What do you not like about driving with it? Sometimes I find it almost too straight, as funny as it sounds. The bit of fade @ the end of the Ions flight, to me, makes them a bit more predictable...

I feel the Ion is more touchy/easier to OAT than the Anode. What were you driving with before, soft or medium Anode? Softs will have a bit more fade to them.

I don't drive with my Anode very often but it seemed to fight OAT and get on it's own line pretty well. Very forgiving multi-purpose disc.

I feel the Ion is more touchy/easier to OAT than the Anode. What were you driving with before, soft or medium Anode? Softs will have a bit more fade to them.

Was soft Ion, now soft Anode.

Not looking to change driving putter, and I love them for approaches.

Annoyed at random bounces, spits and rolls I get on a missed putt (generally basket/chastity belt hits). Also putting with soft Anode.

Don't have a ton of putter experience, started with a Star Dart from a friend, then Wizard, Ion, now Anode. I didn't like the depth of the Dart and Wizard, like the shallowness of the MVP stuff. I only putted with the Wizard for about a month.

Not having a ton of experience with other putters, I don't know if the spit outs/rolls I get are from the putter itself, or just the way the cookie crumbles.

I really think the Ions and Anodes stick in the baskets pretty well.

I tend to like driving with the Ion's more than the Anodes, for the moment anyways.

I love my Anode. Easily my favorite disc. I was just playing by myself the other day and a group let me play through. I parked a 220' hole with it. The group was comprised of typical beginners (all thowing Super Overstable Warp Speed Drivers about 200' with HUGE fade). I felt awesome when one of the guys goes "Was that really a putter?".

Today I almost had my first and only Ace with it. Hit the left side of the chains and fell out! I was still so excited though.

Was soft Ion, now soft Anode.

Not looking to change driving putter, and I love them for approaches.

Annoyed at random bounces, spits and rolls I get on a missed putt (generally basket/chastity belt hits). Also putting with soft Anode.

Don't have a ton of putter experience, started with a Star Dart from a friend, then Wizard, Ion, now Anode. I didn't like the depth of the Dart and Wizard, like the shallowness of the MVP stuff. I only putted with the Wizard for about a month.

Not having a ton of experience with other putters, I don't know if the spit outs/rolls I get are from the putter itself, or just the way the cookie crumbles.

Seems to be a knock on this putter. I can't swear these roll worse then other putter molds but a lot of people seem to claim they do.

Seems to be a knock on this putter. I can't swear these roll worse then other putter molds but a lot of people seem to claim they do.

That's why I asked to see what others thought. In a tournament if I get a blow through, spit out or a ****ty roll, cardmates are quick to blame the disc.

Could be "gamesmanship", so I try my best not to let it rattle me, but I have had some crazy spits.

I don't get crazy spit outs. I think they stick pretty well when you hit the basket in a makeable fashion. What happens to me is when I get glancing blows that tend to direct the disc down. It OFTEN hits and rolls. Sometimes even on longer putts/approaches, it will hit, catch an edge and roll.

That's why I asked to see what others thought. In a tournament if I get a blow through, spit out or a ****ty roll, cardmates are quick to blame the disc.

Could be "gamesmanship", so I try my best not to let it rattle me, but I have had some crazy spits.

Baskets are also a reason for spitouts/cut throughs. The course I play on thursdays for league has horrible baskets. Hit just barely right of the center pole, disc completely horizontal, and it cut all the way through. Almost everyone has spitouts hitting on pro side too. Didn't matter what kind of disc. (even vibrams were cutting through!:confused::eek::wall:)

I've hard far more spits, rolls, kicks, and bounces with Vibrams than I have with any other disc. Baseline plastic is the best, light soft anodes are really darn nice though. The heavy medium Anodes did weird things to me when putting.

But vibrams did that even in nice baskets. Although if the Ridge had some dome and they got rid of that logo I would still be using it because worked for me an awful lot like the Anode does. But it had more fade at the end. The Anode does everything else better though.

I have grown to like my Anode for approach shots and shorter drives but I don't putt with it. I haven't really had any spitout problems, it just hasn't worked its way into primary putter position.