• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP / AXIOM plastic dying?

ThomasOrion

* Ace Member *
Does Proton plastic Dye well?

I want to get some and do an easy dye on it, but not sure if it takes.

I would use iDye Poly.

:\

Yep. all their plastic works ive even seen electron dyed. Neutron obviously is best but proton works. Here is a eclipse tangent i did with quick coat worm dip.

Attachments

• 1485356802754.jpg
    1485356802754.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 191
excellent! I'm doing a siiiiimmple dye. I did it with a bunch of prodigy protos and they came out awesome on 400 plastic. Basically I soak them in black dye on warm, remove and heat the dye and repeat, but only warm so the plastic doesn't get too hot, anyway comes out JET BLACK. I hope to get some Atoms and blackem out

Just know that you'll have to mask the rim if you're planning to dye Electron plastic (or Axiom molds). Since you're doing a dip method, it sounds like that won't be an issue for you though.

Just know that you'll have to mask the rim if you're planning to dye Electron plastic (or Axiom molds). Since you're doing a dip method, it sounds like that won't be an issue for you though.

Why do you need to mask the rim? Just curious. I'm about to dye a few MVP discs and dont want to ruin them :)

Why do you need to mask the rim? Just curious. I'm about to dye a few MVP discs and dont want to ruin them :)

I think I meant Eclipse instead of Electron in my post. I said that because the rims are colored and made of the same plastic as the core so they'll absorb dye also. It won't ruin the overmold or anything. It just would look pretty silly to have the dye line on the overmold from where the disc had been dipped. If it's non-Eclipse MVP, you'll be fine because the overmolds are black and won't show the dye.

Yep. all their plastic works ive even seen electron dyed. Neutron obviously is best but proton works. Here is a eclipse tangent i did with quick coat worm dip.

Where can I find a tutorial on the quick coat warm dip? I have a insanity disc that clear like yours and really like how yours turned out

Will shaving cream method dying work on axiom proton clear disc?

I have a axiom insanity proton disc that has a clear dome with a dark orange rim. I am wanting to dye the clear dome of the disc to try to make it a little easier to spot also what is the best dye to use? Any help is greatly appreciated.