• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] MVP/Axiom Roller Disc

GirdleRoc

Birdie Member
I looked around other roller threads but wanted MVP/Axiom advice.

I finally have my bag 99%complete that I am going to stick to for the year. The last hole I have left to fill is my roller disc. I was thinking an impulse or virus. I throw max distance between 350-400. I currently have a Dx sidewinder that was one of my first discs 4 or 5 years ago and it is to beat up at this point.

Any preferences on plastics or weights from people's experiences with MVP/Axiom as rollers?

there isn't a good mvp/axiom roller disc. their discs are all concave winged, so you're never going to get a great flippiness in the air/propensity to curl lid-side on the ground ratio. The best roller discs are convex, like roadrunner, fd, heat etc

The Orbital is super easy to roll. In fact it rolls without trying. You have to try to prevent rolling with height and hyzer.

Ive BH rolled happily with:

Relay (itb)
Signal
Switch
Crave
Beat to hell Amp
Volt (itb)
Inertia
Insanity
Impulse
Virus (itb)
Vanish
Orbital

Just depends how flippy you want.

A light weight Inertia will flip and roll quite easily.

The Orb's wing shape makes it very unreliable for me on rollers. I could throw it 100 times and get 50 or more different rolls. I really liked the first Vanish I had for this but lost it. Insanity rolls a great line.

bh roller impulse, FH roller wrath or resister depending on the action I want. At least this is what I use.

I roll the Insanity. I don't pull that shot out often but when I do = Insanity.

I roll my 166 Relay. I've also heard good things about the Proxy as a roller. Haven't tried it myself.

Resistor is great for fh. I can't backhand roll for ****, but I'm going to try using a signal for it this year.

The best MVP roller is...

Axis. None of their drivers roll particularly well. But they all will roll so if you need a driver just pick one that is the stability you prefer for rollers.

The best MVP roller is...

Axis. None of their drivers roll particularly well. But they all will roll so if you need a driver just pick one that is the stability you prefer for rollers.

You speak from experience with MVP drivers, yes?

*points to sig*

I use all of those molds for rollers. Depends on the line, distance, wind, FH, BH etc.