• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Axis

The overmold is the same as the core plastic at it's base, it's just more heavily weighted. It's surface texture is a bit different and I think this affects how it takes damage...It's easier to scratch, so nasty impacts with metal or concrete are more likely to leave a long scratch rather than tear out a little chunk like it might on the core.
Really? Originally they called the core plastic Proton and the overmold plastic Electron.

I'm also tempted to say that's bogus (unless the weighting agent changes just about everything about the plastic, or unless Chad & Co. correct me) since I've had chunks taken out of both the core plastic and overmold plastic in my IONs. The overmold chunks were very rubbery and springy whereas the core plastic was definitely just plain old plasticky, like just about any candy plastic out there.

I believe that they're the same TYPE of plastic to help with the chemical bonding, but at least in mine they're definitely totally different from each other in almost every way I can see without lab equipment.

EDIT: And at least in my IONs it's almost totally impervious to scratching, and only chunks when it hits really really really sharp objects, like sharp metal corners. The overmold holds up at least as well as my Vibrams and the floppy rubbery R-Pro that P-P1's are made out of (those things are almost impossible to destroy without knives or something like that, and even then it's hard), probably due to the "rubbery" nature of the plastic.

Last edited:
The plastics used are of the same 'type' of plastic we call our Proton line, though our blend has been perfected with our specifications and tolerances and is a secret/proprietary mix. This pertains to both the core and overmold material.

The materials used in our Proton line are some of the toughest materials that are offered in the plastics industry.

It definitely replaced my Core in my bag and it seems it is good enough to replace my Fuse too, not yet as I will take Fuse and throw both Axis and Fuse in a round and see how it goes.

Went out for a round with Fuse and Axis yesterday. As expected Fuse is really understable while Axis is stable. I like Axis for longer annys that require higher power and good snap. Fuse can do anny nicely with lower power. So that rounds out my mid slots with Fuse, Axis and Vector.

My partner who played a round with me yesterday was throwing Z Buzzz mostly and he normally drives bit farther than me and I was surprise to see my Axis having similar distance with his Buzzz straight-wise. He surely was impressed that I can do different lines with Axis :)

Thanks to MVP for coming out a such a great mid! I love Ion too!

Getting ready for USDGC Monday qualifying day!

Very confused here...I just received 2 Axis'...the 177g green one has a flat top and the 179g pink has a decent sized dome on it...Why is this? And which one is the Axis really supposed to look like so I know which one to throw?

Very confused here...I just received 2 Axis'...the 177g green one has a flat top and the 179g pink has a decent sized dome on it...Why is this? And which one is the Axis really supposed to look like so I know which one to throw?
Some early pink ones domed up more than they wanted, and when they noticed this happening they adjusted the process so that the rest of them came out with the correct dome. So small dome (almost flat from what I gather) is the norm. The domey ones should fly a bit more LSS than the flatter ones.

DGC needs to hurry up and mail me the damn disc, I'm getting anxious.

It's an understatement to say the Axis has been flying out of our inventory... they are being snagged up faster than even we have seen.

I can't get mine to turn over at all. Not even the slightest bit.
I'd agree to this. In my previous post, thinking on the wording, you do have to put a little anny on it to get it to anhyzer. Its simply a disc you point and shoot, it will fly on the line you put it on.

I have been throwing this disc exclusively on some wooded courses and feel so incredibly confident on threading any gap, its almost scary.

Latest posts