• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Axis

I am sure I will get nailed for this, but this is kind of how I feel about all MVP discs. They work well and look great, but the level of fandom on these boards has reached a hyperbolic level. MVP is like the Jeremy Lin of disc golf right now.

I tend to agree. They're nice discs and the new manufacturing method is exciting, but they're not magical. Hopefully MVP will keep expanding their catalog and come out with some truly groundbreaking molds.

Gyrrrrrooooooosss

I'm still waiting to see what an MVP driver will look like. It seems like there is probably untapped potential in the overmolding method, perhaps using different materials.

A fairway driver and a headwind driver. Give me those and I am happy from MVP.. Getting off topic, back on the axis. The axis will most likely not make anything. The mako and vector have taken mid-range duties in my little bag and the big one is under major construction (2 year project) I'm predicting. If the axis is different then the Buzzz and feels great in my hand then I will be willing to replace one of the 2 Roc's I was planning on holding. It will most likely be my driving/mid-range disc for night golf along with the Ion!:p:p:p

I am sure I will get nailed for this, but this is kind of how I feel about all MVP discs. They work well and look great, but the level of fandom on these boards has reached a hyperbolic level. MVP is like the Jeremy Lin of disc golf right now.

:clap::clap::clap:

i love mvp but i totally agree

I know that I have personal ties with MVP, but that being said they are just so much cooler as people and as a company than anything else in disc golf that I'm familiar with. They read everything on these boards and are obsessive about everything they make. So I think the support they are getting on the boards is because they make great discs and are an awesome new company that is more accessible to us than any other as well.

I know that I have personal ties with MVP, but that being said they are just so much cooler as people and as a company than anything else in disc golf that I'm familiar with. They read everything on these boards and are obsessive about everything they make. So I think the support they are getting on the boards is because they make great discs and are an awesome new company that is more accessible to us than any other as well.

This is very true. Even before they offered me to be on the testing team they would answer any questions I had and whatnot. Great customer service. Probably the best out of any disc manufacturers there is!

I had the most horrible mid-game imaginable. Driver. Putter. No mids felt right in my hand, and I never threw them. I tried Rocs, Buzzzes, Fuses....

My MVP mids are now my saving grace. I'm not a huge fan of the Ion, but their mids are my best weapons. I have a few other players that have put them in their bags after throwing mine as well.

The gimmick isn't what sold me, it's how they feel in my hand.

I'm getting kinda excited just talking about throwing them now.

First: I've gotten really attached to MVP's discs - Ion, Anode, Axis and Vector ...

But ...

What am I going to do when I need to replace, or find a backup for, my 173g Axis and Vector? I've already been looking. I think both of these are essentially oop already.

Still not sold on the Anode being my putter, but everything from 50 to 280 is the Anode and Axis. I am sold on these discs. A driver could definitely be something unique. I was playing at Riebe Park today and Plymouth Creek on Sunday and almost all of my shots were from these two discs. Once the summer comes around and I start playing the bigger courses, we will see, but so far I am really impressed.

What am I going to do when I need to replace, or find a backup for, my 173g Axis and Vector? I've already been looking. I think both of these are essentially oop already.

I am 100% confident MVP will continue to produce discs as light as the ones they've already made and lighter.

Ok, so you are completely confident. That is good. But are you positively sure? :D Is MVP just focusing so hard on new releases that they are putting off lighter weights, or are they having trouble getting the mids down to lower weights like the putters? It would make sense to me that they would run the heavier weights early on as that would satisfy the majority of the market. But I really want to put an axis back in the bag, but it ain't gonna happen til I get one in the range I like...harumph

I've thought about it a bit, and I think that with the larger circumference it would be more difficult to get the weights down, but I'm 100% sure MVP will be able to figure out how to get them down.

Like I said, it's fairly easy to find 174g ones now. If you live near a shop that sells the axis I'd stop by every once in a while to see if they get any light ones in and buy one if they do so you don't have to fret if you lose your current one.

I am 100% confident MVP will continue to produce discs as light as the ones they've already made and lighter.

In my opinion they have a great product. I'm a convert. However, I understand that golf discs are not Maple Valley's #1 business. Yet to be seen is whether they'll choose to, or be able to, run all current (and future?) molds in a range of weights to satisfy demand. I'd buy a couple of flat green Axes at 172-173g today if I could find them. I'm sure they exist *somewhere* but I've checked the larger online houses and a couple of pro shops over the last week and come up empty. Now, if I wanted one at 178-180 I could have my pick.

Just a personal preference, observation, and opinion. I hope it'll make business sense for them to step up their disc production.

In my opinion they have a great product. I'm a convert. However, I understand that golf discs are not Maple Valley's #1 business. Yet to be seen is whether they'll choose to, or be able to, run all current (and future?) molds in a range of weights to satisfy demand. I'd buy a couple of flat green Axes at 172-173g today if I could find them. I'm sure they exist *somewhere* but I've checked the larger online houses and a couple of pro shops over the last week and come up empty. Now, if I wanted one at 178-180 I could have my pick.

Just a personal preference, observation, and opinion. I hope it'll make business sense for them to step up their disc production.

i found 174-176 easy. close enough to 172 for me.