• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Backpack bag

tdschrock1

Double Eagle Member
Announced on their youtube video, coming sometime in 2016.
Any speculation on size, price, features or other hype?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-01-01 at 6.48.03 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2016-01-01 at 6.48.03 PM.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 404
It looks like I see dividers and 20-22 main compartment capacity, plus a top loading slot for putters and plenty of storage.

Ogio? I doubt it, but all disc golf backpacks resemble each other to a degree. I can see some similarities with the Ranger bag though.

Since their Cell is nearly identical to DD's Cadet, I wouldn't be surprised if they used the same manufacturer.

It looks nice but I thought they would have designed something more cutting edge, unique, high end

did they incorporate the overmold and gyro technology into the bag?

The lat64 bag doesn't have a top putter pocket, does it? Its hard to see in the pick above but this bag has a quiver. The youtube thing is covering it.

another screenshot

Attachments

• IMG_20160102_083502.jpg
    IMG_20160102_083502.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 283
The lat64 bag doesn't have a top putter pocket, does it? Its hard to see in the pick above but this bag has a quiver. The youtube thing is covering it.

No it does not. I'm seriously considering trading in my 64 e2 for this. The e2 flap cover pocket was horribly designed and it appears in the e3 that issue does not appear to be resolved.

Ogio doesn't produce the Lat 64 bag, they make DD's bags. Also, the top pocket issue was on the E1, the E2 features a U shaped zipper opening that allows full access to the top pouch. If the MVP bag is up to par with the quality of the E2, I'll trade mine for one all day. I see mesh on the drink holders though, which does not give me high hopes. Love em or hate em, the Lat bags are built like a tank.

Last edited:
No it does not. I'm seriously considering trading in my 64 e2 for this. The e2 flap cover pocket was horribly designed and it appears in the e3 that issue does not appear to be resolved.

Unless you are referring to the flap pocket for the disc compartment? However, what is the issue with it? Tuck it behind the discs and keep your utility driver in the pouch. No issue there.

Yeah I never had an issue with that flap either when I had my e2 bag. It velcros to the back and stays tucked up out of the way, carries my thunderbird and firebird easily.

That's a really great idea for the top flap, I really like the different ways you can use the top storage compartment. Overall I'd say the bag looks a little boxy though, I'm not totally convinced it will be as comfortable to wear as some of the other bags out there. I would have liked to see what their back cushioning setup on the bag looks like.

That's a really great idea for the top flap, I really like the different ways you can use the top storage compartment. Overall I'd say the bag looks a little boxy though, I'm not totally convinced it will be as comfortable to wear as some of the other bags out there. I would have liked to see what their back cushioning setup on the bag looks like.

One thing they didn't mention is you can velcro the top flap into a loop and leave it out and it works as an umbrella or stool holder.

Latest posts