• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Backpack bag

I really want to get one of the Slim bags now, but all I'm seeing stocked on any site is the pink/red slim. From every retailer, including MVP's site themselves. I want a navy one! The regular voyager is just too big for me.

Stocking is definitely hit or miss on these. I did the same thing looking for a lime pack. Maybe shoot MVP an email and ask when they're doing another restocking? Likely your best bet if pink isn't your color.

Stocking is definitely hit or miss on these. I did the same thing looking for a lime pack. Maybe shoot MVP an email and ask when they're doing another restocking? Likely your best bet if pink isn't your color.

I will have to. I PM'd one of their guys on reddit who's active as well just hoping. I went from not knowing these guys even made bags to wanting one so bad in less than a day. I'm glad someone suggested it.

I will have to. I PM'd one of their guys on reddit who's active as well just hoping. I went from not knowing these guys even made bags to wanting one so bad in less than a day. I'm glad someone suggested it.

It is sick. You won't regret getting one even at full retail.

How's the weight on this bag? Still enjoying it?

Yep. Still love it. Nice lightweight bag, even fully loaded (unless I stuff it with beers) and it is very comfortable. I keep 4 mids, 4 fairways and 6 drivers with a little wiggle room to easily remove them- two dividers in. 2 putters up top.

Definitely room in that top storage area for a light rain shell.

Damn. That's quite a bit for such a compact unit. Doesn't dig into your back at all like others have said?

Not at all, they remedied that before the slims were released. Straps are very comfy and the pack handles the load well. It's no octothorpe but it defies its price by a large margin.

Not at all, they remedied that before the slims were released. Straps are very comfy and the pack handles the load well. It's no octothorpe but it defies its price by a large margin.
Nice. I may just roll with the regular Voyager since apparently those have been fixed as well. Thanks for the help.

PSA: regular Voyagers are now $79.95 on amazon in most colors. Voyager Pros are selling for $109.95, which is a sweet deal in its own right...just not as good as $79.95.

I've played a few rounds with the Voyager and am really liking it. Main compartment fits 18 discs comfortably, plus two in the putter pocket for a standard setup of 20 discs. The versatility of the top pocket is super nice. You can fit an extra 4 or 5 discs up there if you really need to (which would increase max carrying capacity to 25 discs). I typically only bag 19 or 20 though, so I like using the top pocket for carrying towels, jacket, hat and gloves, etc.

The Voyager bag is nice. I got one about 3 months ago for about 120 from Amazon. I also have a Grip B series bag and although that bag feels bigger, I can fit more discs in the MVP. It's definitely worth it for the price.

Had a very rainy round today, and was pleasantly surprised by the amount of water resistance in the Voyager bag. Side pockets are lined, which kept my keys/wallet/phone dry. $80 was definitely a huge steal on this bag.

Update: The bag is showing some early wear. :(

The basket-weave material is fraying pretty bad at the 'U' part of the shoulder strap. Looks close to tearing. Should hopefully remain functional, but it looks like crap and will reduce the overall stability of the bag especially when picking up and taking off. I'm pretty bummed. Glad I got the bag on such a steep discount.

The regular voyagers have dropped to 59.99 on amazon. Does anybody know if this would be a great bag to put on my regular size zuca backpack cart? I'm thinking at 59.99, these are probably old stock that hasn't been updated but it shouldn't affect anything if it just sits on a cart right?

Thanks, everyone.

Update: The bag is showing some early wear. :(

The basket-weave material is fraying pretty bad at the 'U' part of the shoulder strap. Looks close to tearing. Should hopefully remain functional, but it looks like crap and will reduce the overall stability of the bag especially when picking up and taking off. I'm pretty bummed. Glad I got the bag on such a steep discount.

Good to know. I almost got one in 2018 when first on sale but something that would fit my current set up, the metal seat is what I got instead when that backpack bag first came out as a backup.

Last edited:
The regular voyagers have dropped to 59.99 on amazon. Does anybody know if this would be a great bag to put on my regular size zuca backpack cart? I'm thinking at 59.99, these are probably old stock that hasn't been updated but it shouldn't affect anything if it just sits on a cart right?

Thanks, everyone.

Never used a zuca. my only concern would be how easy it is to access the top compartment. does the zuca seat block access to the top of bags? If so, then this would not be a good bag for the cart. IMO the flexibilty of the top compartment is the best feature of the bag. But if that's not an issue, then absolutely it would be a good deal. My only complaint (see above) is that the outer basket-weave material is fraying at the pressure point created when picking up/setting down the bag by the shoulder strap. In a cart you're not going to create that pressure point, so it should hold up a very long time for you.

Good to know. I almost got one in 2018 when first on sale but something that would fit my current set up, the metal seat is what I got instead when that backpack bag first came out as a backup.

It's still a great bag for the current $60 price. But it's not going to hold up forever. I originally hoped to get 4-5 years from the bag, but now I'd say it'll be more like 2-3 years. $60 for 2.5 years is still a good value IMO.

Never used a zuca. my only concern would be how easy it is to access the top compartment. does the zuca seat block access to the top of bags? If so, then this would not be a good bag for the cart. IMO the flexibilty of the top compartment is the best feature of the bag. But if that's not an issue, then absolutely it would be a good deal. My only complaint (see above) is that the outer basket-weave material is fraying at the pressure point created when picking up/setting down the bag by the shoulder strap. In a cart you're not going to create that pressure point, so it should hold up a very long time for you.

No, the Zuca Backpack cart allows for easy access to the top compartment. (see pic). It goes past 90 degrees so you can access the top of the bag. Works great with my Grip bag accessing the putter pocket. I also use the Zuca putter pouch attachment for my putters so now that pouch on the Grip becomes a nice storage area for whatever (towels, hoodie, food, etc...)

Attachments

• Zuca.jpg
    Zuca.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 8