• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP black hole

mx23ang

Par Member
Wanting some feedback on what you guys think of the mvp black hole basket on a private course in WNC. Think those are good enough with the proper maintain ence to charge $10 per day? Im trying to revive Simple Pleasures dgc in Burnsville nc and need marketing advice.. Thanks

Wanting some feedback on what you guys think of the mvp black hole basket on a private course in WNC. Think those are good enough with the proper maintain ence to charge $10 per day? Im trying to revive Simple Pleasures dgc in Burnsville nc and need marketing advice.. Thanks

Hmmmm.....10 bucks for an 11 hole course with carpet tee pads? I am not sure baskets are the deal breaker. Either the land or layout is worth the 10 bucks....or not.

Hmmmm.....10 bucks for an 11 hole course with carpet tee pads? I am not sure baskets are the deal breaker. Either the land or layout is worth the 10 bucks....or not.
agreed. Sounds like the potential is there. Just don't go cheap on the baskets, whichever ones you pick. Enough people will whine about the greens fees, so don't give them another reason for them to complain.

I have a Black Hole Practice basket, and my mom gave me a Black Hole Pro for Christmas (not knowing I had a practice basket, much less from the same company, but hey! two practice baskets!) and I really like them both. But if they were the primary baskets on a course with a greens fee, I would wonder what I was paying for. Black Hole Portals have got to be it if you're going for that kind of destination course.

So many courses, even in the top 10, are still free. So if you're charging a greens fee you definitely need something more than 12 holes to offer, or they better be the each of the 12 best holes anyone has ever played. There are only a handful of places that charge that much or more for greens fees and I'm pretty sure there's at least 36 holes, sometimes 54, on the property (Selah, IDGC come to mind).

But if they were the primary baskets on a course with a greens fee, I would wonder what I was paying for.

So many courses, even in the top 10, are still free.
There's a bit more to a course than just baskets. Sugaree and Willow Valley had/has the Pro HD baskets and they are two of my favorite courses.

Those public courses aren't really free. They get budgets to run them from somewhere like your taxes and donations.

The pro hd baskets are good enough for b tiers where people pay to play, so I can't see why they would detract from a private pay to play course. I have them on my course and while I don't charge greens fees I have never had anyone complain about them. I think they catch nearly a well a discatchers just for half the price.

There's a bit more to a course than just baskets. Sugaree and Willow Valley had/has the Pro HD baskets and they are two of my favorite courses.

Those public courses aren't really free. They get budgets to run them from somewhere like your taxes and donations.

I know there's more to the course than baskets. Steady Ed at IDGC is pay to play, but has some pretty meh baskets, yet is still highly rated. But there's also a huge pro shop, and two other high-caliber courses on the property (which do have championship level baskets).

My point is mainly that you have to offer something more than 12 holes of average design as well. I believe I stressed that in my post.

We put in Black Hole Portals (with base) on a ball golf course 2 years ago and they have held up great. No problems at all, very high quality baskets. Course is Weddington in Studio City, CA.

Sugaree was my favorite course even with those homemade hanging baskets.. I hope he opens it back up, anyways like some of you have alluded im glad baskets aren't the only thing golfers look at. 10 is probably a little steep.. 5 per round or 7 for the day is a better deal for SP.. And I'll update the course page because ill see have more thsn 11 holes.. There will be a 25 hole layout with less par 4s and a championship 18 hole layout

If you are going that route of the Black Hole Portal HD being $175, this basket is $175 as well yet has the taller basket cage height. https://discgolfbaskets.com/products/growthesport-2-0-portable-disc-golf-basket?variant=7046944260130 Can substitute the pole screws for real screws.

Last edited:
After 4 years...

I can't say enough good things about the MVP Black Hole. They have held up incredibly well,catch great, and the price is right.