• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
fwiw I believe there was a left to right crosswind in those videos. If you look up the first Ion round I did I had some shots in the 350-390' range I released with anny and the Ion was fading out of them. If I'm throwing clean and its a calm day I can give an Ion 100% power with a *flat release and it goes straight.

*My "flat" shots tend to have a touch of hyzer.

fwiw I believe there was a left to right crosswind in those videos. If you look up the first Ion round I did I had some shots in the 350-390' range I released with anny and the Ion was fading out of them. If I'm throwing clean and its a calm day I can give an Ion 100% power with a *flat release and it goes straight.

Heya Mike, long time no see. =)

Yeah, I think you mentioned the crosswind in the beginning of the video.

I cannot throw my discs as far as I could if my form were better :/

Trying to work on it more. Do you guys lean forward when releasing?

You should feel a weight shift from the back to the front at the hit. There's a good Feldberg clinic where he explains the 80%-20% rule if anyone can find it.

Some. You want your weight moving forward but you don't need to get off balance or anything. I just kick my back leg and lean forward a bit, helps keep the nose down on a drive IMO.

If I'm throwing clean and its a calm day I can give an Ion 100% power with a *flat release and it goes straight.

thats what i was referring to in my post:

mellow hyzer flip to make them flys straight,

honestly i didnt read that huge physics post but i stick with what i said, i throw my ions every day and more often than any other mold. ions definitely turn when thrown hard and flat, i firmly believe you gotta have a little hyzer to make them fly on a rope. they snap straight and level very quickly, so maybe its hard to see.

Some. You want your weight moving forward but you don't need to get off balance or anything. I just kick my back leg and lean forward a bit, helps keep the nose down on a drive IMO.

Yes,
Make sure you dont bring your shoulders OVER your waiste, you dont want to be top heavy, try to shift your wait evenly and shift your hips forward with your upper body.

Threw my new neutron ion flat today 350 ft for a birdie today. It came with a slight puddle top and my proton is a tiny bit more overstable. Anyway, I threw it with a very slight hyzer and it turned a bit but flexed back to straight.

Wish I could find one of these Ions with turn to replace my beat eclipse Ion. I have plenty of straight Ions (My 2 year olds) and just got some new eclipse Ions for a touch more beef, but my only putter that has any turn is a really beat up Anode. Even then it likes to do dead straight zero fade shots more than it likes to turn. Have yet to own a flippy MVP putter but I could use one. My friends Wedge makes me want to give them a shot, but I also want to see if MVP hits that slot. That or beat up a Tangent some more :)

Wish I could find one of these Ions with turn to replace my beat eclipse Ion. I have plenty of straight Ions (My 2 year olds) and just got some new eclipse Ions for a touch more beef, but my only putter that has any turn is a really beat up Anode. Even then it likes to do dead straight zero fade shots more than it likes to turn. Have yet to own a flippy MVP putter but I could use one. My friends Wedge makes me want to give them a shot, but I also want to see if MVP hits that slot. That or beat up a Tangent some more :)

Come live in the desert and play rocky courses. Ive got Anodes with turn, My Tangents are starting to get some, I've even had an ion or two almost get there. 1 round on my home course beats a disc like 6 months most places.

I would love to throw some Quasars out there. I tend to lose them right when they get straight and seasoned, so I generally have my super beat flip machine and a fresh OS one and nothing in between.

You could try an old soft Ion with a textured bottom before they got a hot stamp (early 2nd run?) They turn, but they also fade. I should get mine and throw it, but from what I remember it would start turning at about 250 feet of power.

I would like to see MVP make a really understable putter, but until then I will use my SSS Magic.

Wish I could find one of these Ions with turn to replace my beat eclipse Ion.QUOTE]

I have a soft ion that turns wonderfuly. Once it starts to turn...it will hold it all the way to the ground. It has more turn than my soft anode. I have hit some wicked anny puts with that ion. My other soft ion is as straight as my medium neutron ion with nice late fade.

Well the course up here finally opened up. So i was able to test out my MVP bag. I shot -11 on a course I have never played. I even had a ace chain out.....too bad it wasnt the right basket.....ahh the joy of poorly marked tee signs lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts