• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
and what started this whole discussion was someone saying they wish they made soft neutron standard and i said it was a bad idea because of the puddle top issue i discovered. now everyone is getting a hard on to defend MVP soft puddle tops.

Glad you made such a significant "discovery" so that now the guys at MVP know what's up. You've got a disc that proves MVP can't do soft Neutron. We all know that if MVP can't get the first run of a disc right they never will...

Wish I could find one of these Ions with turn to replace my beat eclipse Ion. I have plenty of straight Ions (My 2 year olds) and just got some new eclipse Ions for a touch more beef, but my only putter that has any turn is a really beat up Anode. Even then it likes to do dead straight zero fade shots more than it likes to turn. Have yet to own a flippy MVP putter but I could use one. My friends Wedge makes me want to give them a shot, but I also want to see if MVP hits that slot. That or beat up a Tangent some more :)

Snag a Rattler. I love having something like a catch disc in the bag and you can get it to do all kinds of stuff with diff arm speed and snap.

Glad you made such a significant "discovery" so that now the guys at MVP know what's up. You've got a disc that proves MVP can't do soft Neutron. We all know that if MVP can't get the first run of a disc right they never will...

Ha. "Discovered". Must be nice.

dis·cov·er
Verb:
Find something unexpectedly.
Become aware of.

yea so i found something about MVP soft neutron unexpectedly, whats the big deal?

anyways, i dont like the puddle top soft. Doesn't prove MVP can't do anything, just proves that i don't prefer soft neutron plastic. :hfive:

My eyes were opened up to MVP today. Met a guy playing a round of doubles and he put an Axis in my hand to give a try. Loved it! This is going to be bad for my disc addiction.

I hooked an old guy up with an Axis last year, he's a Buzzz guy and this tourney he came up to tell me how awesome him and his kid thought it was. It's my favorite MVP disc for sure. And I love puddle top Anodes!

I was throwing a 170 Purple soft anode for the dog since last year for practice purposes, it's been left in the yard plenty. I love it it's the best Anode I have for turnovers so I stole it back.

Last edited:
dis·cov·er
Verb:
Find something unexpectedly.
Become aware of.

yea so i found something about MVP soft neutron unexpectedly, whats the big deal?

anyways, i dont like the puddle top soft. Doesn't prove MVP can't do anything, just proves that i don't prefer soft neutron plastic. :hfive:

Thanks I don't have a dictionary.

The issue was you saying that you discovered it. I'm sure no one else anywhere had the same thing happen. You are special

Thanks I don't have a dictionary.

The issue was you saying that you discovered it. I'm sure no one else anywhere had the same thing happen. You are special

Multiple people have had soft neutron and proton puddle top quickly if you read past posts, i just discovered it myself a few weeks ago, not sure what the issue is? is the issue that i don't like them? its fine if you do. but i do not, end of story :) sorry to cause issues for you.

back on topic,

I have said in the past the AMP couldn't replace my river.. well today i tried the latest run of Amps (173g) side by side with my favorite seasoned GL River 175g. I am VERY impressed with how the latest runs of the Amp are turning out, it is exactly what i wanted it to be when they first released.

The Amp easily matched any line my river could make right out of the box, what a great disc. the two discs are very close stability wise.

I notice less roll aways on longer anny drives, which is great because my river would run away from the pin sometimes if it hit the ground just right.

And on top of it, it felt better because im used to throwing the shock/volt. release came off clean every time and i had more control because the core feels the same as all my other fairways. this is a major plus++

Im going to bag the Amp for the next week and see if I miss my river, i have a feeling the Amp is here to stay :thmbup:

What's a puddle top? I am mystified. :p

On soft versions of discs that have a flat dome (like an Ion), the dome tends to easily get pushed or warped down from thumb pressure, hitting trees, or sometimes even just sitting in the sun or in a hot car.

It leaves you with a dome that is sunken in or "puddle topped" and while some people say they like a sunken in dome, i prefer a stiffer plastic that will hold its proper and intended shape longer.

does that answer your question?

Multiple people have had soft neutron and proton puddle top quickly if you read past posts, i just discovered it myself a few weeks ago, not sure what the issue is? is the issue that i don't like them? its fine if you do. but i do not, end of story :) sorry to cause issues for you.

The issue isn't exactly that YOU don't like them, it's that you claimed "no one but recreational players want that junk anyways for obvious reasons" and many (most) folks in this thread seem to enjoy their puddle tops.

You have yet to teach us what these "obvious reasons" are, you just don't like them yourself.

Quick edit: the " :p " emoticon normally denotes sarcasm/humor. :)

You have yet to teach us what these "obvious reasons" are, you just don't like them yourself.

I have said a couple times now that the puddle top causes consistency issues when releasing the disc on a putt. Its harder to hold the disc straight, and its harder to get your thumb out of the way on release to prevent pulling your disc off course. Unless ALL your putters are puddle topped in the exact same way your only hurting your game in the long run by throwing inconsistently shaped object, your not giving your body a chance to build muscle memory around something that's consistent each and every time you putt.

Now that's not to say some puddle tops are less severe than what i have experienced. Also, im sure some people have found a way to putt with puddle tops that is effective but i prefer to putt with something i can easily replace that's the whole reason to throw MVP, they are consistent fresh off the press.

The only reasonable use for a puddle top that i have found is as a driving putter because it holds straight longer. But if your going to use it for that your better off using a tangent because it does that type of shot easier.

I will stick to my Medium :popcorn:

Anyways, ordered two new amps so my bag so far is 2 neutron volts, 2 neutron amps, 2 vectors one neutron one proton, 1 neutron axis, 1 sparkle eclipse tangent, 2 second run ions one stamped the other is a grey swirl and is unstamped(both obviously opaque beauties), and then two neutron anodes. I just need a neutron tangent, 2 new shocks, and a tensor and I'll be set.

Here is a picture I took a while ago after an ace.

Attachments

• IMG_20130601_012419.jpg
    IMG_20130601_012419.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 70
Status
Not open for further replies.