• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious about the new neutron nano colors (maroon, royal blue, brown)...does that mean we'll see the rest of the neutrons in these colors too? A brown volt would be a day one purchase for me, hah.
Turns out those were transitional colors, made in very small numbers. They're great colors IMO, but I'm not sure they'd really be received as pleasant golf disc colors for the general population. It's just crazy to see any colors that are slightly different, since they stay very uhh.. hue-specific from run to run.

(I couldn't bring myself to use the loaded word "consistent" unnecessarily :thmbup: )

Turns out those were transitional colors, made in very small numbers. They're great colors IMO, but I'm not sure they'd really be received as pleasant golf disc colors for the general population. It's just crazy to see any colors that are slightly different, since they stay very uhh.. hue-specific from run to run.

(I couldn't bring myself to use the loaded word "consistent" unnecessarily :thmbup: )
When did you get blue in? I see you only have one left!

We have had new stock of nanos for over a week

More Skulboy nanos should be up by the end of the week as well

Do people like driving with putters just by preference, or are there certain shots that cannot be duplicated with a midrange like an axis or tangent?

Do people like driving with putters just by preference, or are there certain shots that cannot be duplicated with a midrange like an axis or tangent?
Well a putter will fly shorter at full power than a mid will. The issue with powering down a mid sometimes is you might get a premature fade, as to where a putter might hold that slow fading hyzer you might need or go straighter for a shorter distance etc.

Putters work really well for high shots that don't fade until late in their flights. Often times drivers and MIDS are too fast and prefer to be thrown lower or they will stall and fade our. I also love putter for up hill and downhill shots bc they refrain from fading out too early without putting a lot in them. Simply put, ions are $.

The Amp replaced my rivers today, its just like my seasoned river only it lands flatter and i dont get as many roll aways.. so yea thanks MVP.

just lost my first disc, dx destroyer so not too sad. not going to replace it, just use shock in its place. so my bag now is officially all mvp! :)

Not really sure how you would use a shock in place of a destroyer...

Not really sure how you would use a shock in place of a destroyer...

If you have a beefy destroyer it might be able to replace it, but you will not get the distance potential that a destroyer will give you... most courses (at least where im from) don't have pins longer than 500' and generally they are shorter than 400' so a shock works perfectly fine for most situations.

When a shock beats in like mine are starting to they hold straight a little longer and seem to not die and drop in the fade stage like they do when they are brand new.. im really liking the lateral movement i get out of my shocks on a slight hyzer or when thrown flat and high, perfect for pins placed on sharp angles.

I imagine when i can get one of my shocks nice and beat to hell it will be an amazing straight flier that wont turn over. i really want that, i have been throwing my shock on EVERY drive lately just hitting trees, spike hyzers, and rollers to get one beat in and its not changing very fast but im starting to like it more and more as i use it.

Also, Is it just me or do other people think they have increased durability of their plastics lately? it seems like before with my old first run axis and vectors i would get slices, scrapes or chunks ripped off just like some of my innova star plastic does, but with the newer MVP neutron discs i have they just absorb rock or hard wood impacts and it leaves little scuff marks to nothing at all in most cases.. makes it a pain in the ass to break in a disc that resists warping or damage from impacts.

Aside from that, its about time we see a Distance driver release from MVP, they are due for another release almost 2 months now since we have heard from them. I hope they keep up their pace and release a Destroyer-like stability distance driver!

:popcorn:

A distance driver would make me so happy! What will the call it?

The MVP Depth

The Ångström.

Here are my ideas for a distance driver name...

"Power Line" of drivers:
MVP Transformer .. Overstable meat hook
MVP Breaker (like a circuit breaker) .. this one should fly like a destroyer
MVP Arc (like high voltage Arcing).. Understable

MVP Semi, or with permission, the MVP Mack Truck.

It would be overstable.

Status
Not open for further replies.