• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been covering just about everything with my N Tangent, E Tangent, and Tensor. It's been super fun so far...Something about the slightly smaller diameter really appeals to me. I feel the slight loss in distance compared to the Axis/Vector, but they still go as far as I expect a midrange to go.

I know people have said it on here before, but what differences do you find between the Tangent in Neutron and Eclipse plastic?

I know people have said it on here before, but what differences do you find between the Tangent in Neutron and Eclipse plastic?

I find the Neutron Tangent to be slightly understable, where the Proton/Eclipse Tangent doesn't turn at all for me. Since the Tangent loves to hold a line, that half step in stability really separates the two discs and I use them both.

I'd like to be impressed but it's nice to be satisfied and think "oh I didn't commit to that line enough" instead of , " damn disc is too [flippy, stable, slick, ect...]". At least at the end of the day it feels more constructive to me.

word, some people have talent, some people have excuses.

An umbrella and birdie bag could be cheaper than a whole bag change.

Relatedly I've become put off by how much of this thread is asking for specific things from MVP. The constant quest to have the next great piece of equipment seems ingrained in golfers, of course to the manufacturers delight, but for me I'm not really worried about the next thing as of late.

I throw 90% of drives with zone, volt or shock and none of those discs can do any more for me than they already do. For me if I'm comfortable with something I almost get the opposite of the gear itch... The yawns I guess. I'd like to be impressed but it's nice to be satisfied and think "oh I didn't commit to that line enough" instead of , " damn disc is too [flippy, stable, slick, ect...]". At least at the end of the day it feels more constructive to me.

I'm just grateful for the tangent and amp. When I was strong arming 300' it was nice to have a company that caters to lower power players. Now that I'm pushing the 400' mark and have cleaner form it's nice to have a whole range of different stabilities and plastics. When MVP keeps coming out with solid products we probably should shut up about what we want, but you could also say user input is a key component of their success.

User input is great! I'm excited every time I see someone throw out a wish for the exact thing that's next. It's happened just about every time.

When somebody goes all "meh meh mehhh" about the new disc, I just figure they're terminal and have one disc release left in their life. So I'm like, aww poor fella. For everyone not dying soon, MVP has a long sequence of new and awesome for you.

An umbrella and birdie bag could be cheaper than a whole bag change.

Relatedly I've become put off by how much of this thread is asking for specific things from MVP. The constant quest to have the next great piece of equipment seems ingrained in golfers, of course to the manufacturers delight, but for me I'm not really worried about the next thing as of late.

I throw 90% of drives with zone, volt or shock and none of those discs can do any more for me than they already do. For me if I'm comfortable with something I almost get the opposite of the gear itch... The yawns I guess. I'd like to be impressed but it's nice to be satisfied and think "oh I didn't commit to that line enough" instead of , " damn disc is too [flippy, stable, slick, ect...]". At least at the end of the day it feels more constructive to me.

i have never been critical about how MVP discs fly, they are great discs, i just want them to be made in another line of plastic that breaks in faster and provides better contact when wet. every other company does this. why can't MVP? .. im sure they will eventually.

you realize i can buy whatever discs i want, right? i dont have a favorite anything, i use products that i want to use. yes my disc golf bag is full of overmolds, that i paid full price for.. im not repping mvp, why would i?

you on the other hand, are a whiner. and when you dont like something you make "bold" statements that hold no weight in the real world. you think im trolling? youre the one always posting about how bad mvp discs suck in the mvp disc thread... and the whole time you bag a ton of them. i throw mvp discs, do you see me complaining about them? if i had a problem i would throw something else.

youre wasting your time spreading your minority view. use gateway putters or something if you cant hold on to your disc or put it in the basket.

asking for a different plastic is a "bold statement"? what world do you live in?

i never post about how bad MVP discs are, in fact, i would say the opposite right now: i love every disc they make and they fly great, i just suggested they should make a new type of plastic that's better in rain and when wet, and your getting a hard on to attack me for such a statement of heresy!! lol

of course i bag the discs i like, and i do have other discs in the bag that will counter my problem with the plastic for now, but in the future i would like something that breaks in faster and has better feel in the rain, again if al the other companies can do it, im sure MVP wouldn't have a problem with this :)

as far as you saying im spreading a "minority view" .. again your living in the twilight zone with a "bold" statement like that..
the biggest complaint when i talk to people about MVP is that they don't like the feel of the plastic.. especially for putters. and trust me i let people throw my MVP all the time on the course, they love to try it out. often times they will not buy it because they want a different feel similar their current putters.

i can putt fine with MVP plastic on any ordinary day, but when your going for 40' putts and its pouring rain with a wet premium plastic disc, and your in a tournament.. you start to think about things like that.

im willing to bet im in the majority on this MVP plastic debate. :thmbup:
you just wont see anyone here saying im right because all the people who agree have probably moved on to other discs.. if you go way back into the ion or anode forums you will see pages and pages and pages of people complaining about the plastic.. you can search it yourself if you'd like, dont take my word for it.

Last edited:
Premium putters are good for the tee and or the circle. I have always wanted a base line ion. It hasn't happened yet so I bag the judge for the circle and anode or ion for the tee. No big deal. When and if they come out with a more base line plastic it will be great l, until then ill enjoy putting judges. So far MVP is doing it THEIR way and I would have it no other way.

It's okay to be a fan of the brand, but tone down the fanboyisms, it would benefit this MVP thread and the others as well.

hey im not saying you're 'bad' at disc golf. im just saying you suck... :gross:

your ignorance and use of logical fallacies to reply makes you look like a fool. :doh:

and arguing with a fool, would only make me a fool myself so i will refrain from here on.

I never throw baseline plastic and would love a little more grip some days but honestly if throwing MVP this winter wasnt even a huge problem this spring rain for sure is not... Yeah they are slick when brand new and wet but a need for baseline like plastic is whatever ill throw a soft proton/neutron all day just need more than putters and limited neutron s should be production asap its grippy goodness.

your ignorance and use of logical fallacies to reply makes you look like a fool. :doh:

and arguing with a fool, would only make me a fool myself so i will refrain from here on.

logical fallacies? dood congrats on taking that freshman philosophy class at the community college. all i do is quote your posts.. i even leave the context in!

im gonna go watch a bunch of pros throw premium plastic in the rain now, ill make sure to tell feldy how you feel about it.

Maybe a mod can step in and delete some of the last three pages. This is enough, take it to the pms.

Also what if that new disc is just a protron tensor? It could be from that pic?

Anywho

Nolan and in4d, why don't you two just get a room already. Quit mucking up the thread.

Edit: Thank you MrGlass.

That doesn't look at all like a Tensor. The core part of the rim looks even wider than the overmold. The overmold on the current drivers is the same width (just eyeballing it) as the core rim piece. It could just be the camera angle though. I assume it's a Proton Volt. We'll see soon. :thmbup:

Last edited:
Yea, they like seeing us suffer. :D

You could be right about the Tensor though. We could see another bunch of new stuff with all three drivers, and the Tensor in Proton...which means Eclipse drivers are soon to follow. :clap:

All of the new protron I have felt seems a little softer. Man id love a volt with a little more gummy feel.

If we don't hear by tomorrow, I'm locking myself to the first basket at my home course in protest.
Hear that MVP?

All of the new protron I have felt seems a little softer. Man id love a volt with a little more gummy feel.

If we don't hear by tomorrow, I'm locking myself to the first basket at my home course in protest.
Hear that MVP?

They probably won't say anything till Monday, yo. Take some Gorp.

Well I'd start tomorrow. So hopefully it won't require gorp. Plus would they really let me sit there for that long. I'm already contacting the media for a press conference. Yes I have friends in high places. This will be huge!!

yea so my point is a new plastic form MVP is needed.. nothing wrong with that?

Because YOU can't learn to throw premium plastic in the rain means MVP needs a new product. Because YOU have issues throwing puddle tops means they are useless and MVP shouldn't spend the time on more runs of soft neutron.

It's not that a different grade of plastic that could have a better grip when wet is a bad idea. Or that puddle tops are amazing and everyone should throw them. It's that when you post about something that YOU can't handle with MVP discs you declare that it is a problem that MUST be fixed.

I love my puddle tops.

I putt with my Ions just fine in the rain.

My drives always slip in the rain, but that's less an issue of the plastic and more an issue of my one finger grip. No matter what disc I use, a drop of water on that finger and my drive comes out poorly.

MVP discs don't suck in the rain, you just have to know how to throw them.

If this view makes me a fool, feel free to ignore me.

Status
Not open for further replies.