• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just found an Amp(no name no number) and its a laser. Great disc very comfortable in the hand. Do different colors have different stability? I ask the question because I know nothing at all about MVP discs. This disc has got me interested in this company and any info or a point in the right direction is greatly appreciated.

Posters here tend to think that colors matter in their MVP discs. I don't really see a noticable difference. What matters more is dome, and PLH (how high the overmold sits on the core part of the disc).

If you like the Amp, you'll probably like the Volt also. It might be a little overstable for you, but it is very versatile.

What other information do you need?

GL River over AMP any day..

However, The Tangent is changing my game alot, im very happy with it.

Cant wait for those distance drivers.....

I never clicked with the River like I have with the Amp. To me the Amp is a litte more stable than the River, but also more controllable.

I agree, I don't really see a need for the river anymore seeing as I have volts and an amp in my bag.

Posters here tend to think that colors matter in their MVP discs. I don't really see a noticable difference. What matters more is dome, and PLH (how high the overmold sits on the core part of the disc).

If you like the Amp, you'll probably like the Volt also. It might be a little overstable for you, but it is very versatile.

What other information do you need?

Thanks for the response. I am a LHBH player and have found the Amp to be a very nice turning disc as well was a dead straight laser. I will prob try out the Volt based on what you said about stability. This disc is flat are the domed ones less or more stable?

When the Axis, and possibly the Vector, was released the colors did indicate a difference in stability. The colors weren't the cause it was just that when they did the FR Axis green runs they came out flatter and less stable while the orange ones had more dome and were more stable. I believe the pinks were super domey and really stable but it's been a while.

The white initial runs of some molds have been different than subsequent runs because MVP dials in the machines after they run some and see what they get.

So in cases the color has indicated a difference in stability and that's why people tend to question those types of things. When you have a company that is that small you can indicate different runs by color because there are not that many discs overall.

After having a putter crisis as of late i have come to my senses. N anodes are the best putter in my hands. having tried almost all putters now at this point the anodes are just money. After some yard putting tonight in some gusty winds they solidified their place. Id like to see s neutron anodes.

been having issues with the volt lately. my seasoned one is turrrrnny now or turnier. After throwing MVP drivers for a few weeks i took them to the field against some other discs. My form is getting cleaner, but my non gyro drivers are shining right now. I think its my snap is better with other drivers after learning to manage gyro. maybe its in my head but my stags and saints and underworlds were way more consistent tonight in the field vs the amp/volt. Going to have to work with these some more i love MVP and the volt has proven to be a great disc, but i need consistent out of my fairways and the turn/fade is hard to dial in.

go ahead and flame but for now the shock is the only MVP driver i have bagged.

Oh and Vector to me is their best mid!!! UNDER RATED!!!

the vector is THE best mid.

and i agree that other brand discs will sail after throwing all mvp stuff, i dont think mvp discs are 'easy' to throw 'correctly' but they certainly reward a strong clean throw more than anything i've seen. the potential with them is huge, IF you have the arm for it.

go ahead and flame but for now the shock is the only MVP driver i have bagged.

I can't agree more, the volt i have is really just a tad bit too flippy for me to seriously use in tournament situations.

They need something with 0 turn and the LSS forward fade of the Volt and i would be all in on that :)

The Vector is the best disc in my bag along side the tangent.. they can handle almost any shot.

With the great wind resistance of the Tensor, my mid-range slots are dominated with MVP.

I just feel like im missing that middle ground, but a fresh Volt fixes that problem. it seems like there is a settle-in period for MVP discs where they start more stable then change a little and stay that way for a long time... i want my volts to stay like they are brand new for a long time :(

volt kicked out my tee birds
amp kicked out my sidewinders
vector has been my go to mid since they where released
still trying to find a purpose for the shock i still like innovas overstables better

Has anyone beat the heck out of a shock yet? whats the HSS/LSS look like after it gets beaten in a little?

Status
Not open for further replies.