• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have a FR Vector that I have been throwing since they came out. Since then I have had my fair share of near misses and chain outs. I even had an ace with another FR Vector that I procured as a backup. This has convinced me this Vector deserves an ace. This is especially true on hole 16 at the Air Zoo. On Friday during Pro/AM doubles I stepped up to the tee hoping to not only get my first league ace, but a birthday ace as well. I lined up and teed off. And it was perfect. My Vector flies high and curves around the center tree and runs toward the basket. My heart leaped, my hands clenched and the disc hit the basket. This was the result. :hfive::thmbup::\:doh::wall:

Attachments

• IMG_20130614_192444.jpg
    IMG_20130614_192444.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20130614_192455.jpg
    IMG_20130614_192455.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20130614_192502.jpg
    IMG_20130614_192502.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 24
feedback on theories:
The forum theories haven't once been correct about reasons behind scheduling.
And that streak remains unbroken :)

Think about why a whole pile of new releases would hit in the spring, month after month, and then that rhythm seems to be interrupted....
there are now a lot more discs to maintain in stock.

A never-ending stream of releases could indicate two things: oompaloompas, or nobody's buying. People are buying like crazy... 2013 has the hots for MVP. And oompaloompas are illegal.

The Throw Shop in Ypsi said the MVP stuff has been selling like hotcakes... and then I went and bought some.

Also drivers just take more time to develop.

Showed up at the course yesterday and a friend had a used Proton Ion for trade. I really did not need that new Star Roadrunner I just bought, so we traded. Put it straight in bag.

Like it for putting way better than my Ion. Problem is, I am finding out that Proton and I do not get along for ups, or for putting once I can no longer stay dry. I think the index yesterday here was 113. By the back nine, my towels were no longer working. Had a few slips on putts and one upshot where I wanted to compare the new disc to my Judge. I guess I need to try Neutron, or figure out how to scrape a rough spot into the plate for my thumb.

takes a while for the proton to get more tacky but it actually has MORE grip than neutron (medium)

Softs are a whole different beast being much more grippy regardless and the limited run ION in soft neutron are very nice feeling which I use when its wet. Neutron plastic seems very hard to completely dry off when its new vs proton but both will break-in to be much tackier it is just my experience proton actually has more "grip" but also was told my towels are bad too SOOoo...

At work I have the first proton Ion I ever bought stashed away. During some breaks I go outside and smash medium power drives with it into a brick wall about 40 feet away...trying to work on clean releases and aiming with the body. It still doesn't feel flippy or really any different than it did after a couple months after I bought it back in early 2011. It's a bit more malleable I guess, but I feel like that has more to do with the weather than general wear.

It is a soft though, that might have something to do with it.

weird thing i learned on accident.. spray some water, hold it under the faucet, or pour Gerolsteiner out the bottle, on the disc. spread it all over the disc/wipe lightly and then let it air dry. monstergrip 2013. kid seats 10 bucks.

as opposed to wiping it 100% dry immediately.

weird thing i learned on accident.. spray some water, hold it under the faucet, or pour Gerolsteiner out the bottle, on the disc. spread it all over the disc/wipe lightly and then let it air dry. monstergrip 2013. kid seats 10 bucks.

as opposed to wiping it 100% dry immediately.

i have also noticed washing MVP and letting them air dry makes them ultra grippy, almost sticky.

Check out the new MVP lefty models!

what an awesome course, thanks for the video!

I'm so pumped. Threw pin deep on a 475' hole but was 80-90' wide, drilled the jump putt with my Ion...

Then four holes later I finally stick my first Shock ace!!!

i was there! ha

two of my friends and i meet up with mike c for a round at Arboretum-Spiker Park and even though it sometimes took me two throws to get to mike's first, it was a fantastic day! :clap:

mike's ace was pretty impressive and it's actually the only ace i've witnessed besides my own solitary hole-in-one.

Feel bad for the guy who missed the ace.. That close. Sorry man. Cool looking Vector though.

i was there! ha

two of my friends and i meet up with mike c for a round at Arboretum-Spiker Park and even though it sometimes took me two throws to get to mike's first, it was a fantastic day! :clap:

mike's ace was pretty impressive and it's actually the only ace i've witnessed besides my own solitary hole-in-one.

That was one of my favorite aces so far because I've never had that many people go nuts all at once. Definitely a cool way to remember the round!

Hit ya up next time we throw Roscoe.

I wonder how this will shake up the disc golf world. Will also be interested in seeing someone like MikeC throwing these side by side with some MVP discs

The only think they have added is cool new rims so that MVP is forced to do the same!! I want a a black Ion with a white rim in Neutron.. :)

The only think they have added is cool new rims so that MVP is forced to do the same!! I want a a black Ion with a white rim in Neutron.. :)
Considering that the reason MVP doesn't do multiple rim colors is because of maintaining consistency, not surprising that Innova would throw that out the window and do a bunch of colors.

Considering that the reason MVP doesn't do multiple rim colors is because of maintaining consistency, not surprising that Innova would throw that out the window and do a bunch of colors.

Yeah I know. Consistency is more important then looking cool, at least to me.

Innova sucks because there is no two of the same disc.

I want to hear MVP's thoughts! Chad/Brad; what are your thoughts??!!!

I'm still stunned. Wow.

Chad and Brad are smart dudes and smart businessmen. No doubt they expected something like this to happen at one point or another. I would be surprised if it blindsided them like it did the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts