• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do Volts ever beat in?

All discs beat in.

Some just take longer than others. MVP discs take a good long while, unless you're playing very often, or hitting tons of trees. My Amp is still the same as when I bought it, and I've had it since the Amp was released.

So I've been waiting for one of my Neutron Volts to beat in to flippy with the idea being that it's better to have one mold in various stages of wear for all shots than a different mold for US, S, and OS. It just doesn't seem to be happening, though - Should I just give up and go get an Amp? Do Volts ever beat in?

From my experience with my volt, not really. I think I saw very small loss of stability while it was beginning to wear (maybe I imagined it, even) but once it settles it really doesn't change much.

I throw my neutron volts for my us fairway, but they take a lot of power to make turn. If you find it difficult to put them out to 400' I'd say get an Amp. Either way they take a while to get the turn mine have. The one I have bagged is the pink one I used on the first throw of the volt test 1 video and I've been using the hell out of it since. It still isnt what I would call flippy....it has just enough high speed turn to exploit for the lines I need.

In the video of us...hole 13...last night at leagues I threw a high hyzer flip with that Volt that landed 4 feet behind the basket :)

Last edited:
im pissed my neutron shock won't beat in!! i try everything without damaging the disc and its has barely changed.. i even tuned it, spent a while bending the rim all around and took it out, was still beefy.

im pissed my neutron shock won't beat in!! i try everything without damaging the disc

Have you tried chucking it at chains from about 5' over and over for a while? I have a ridiculously overstable metal flake teebird that I got to be usable this way.

Have you tried chucking it at chains from about 5' over and over for a while? I have a ridiculously overstable metal flake teebird that I got to be usable this way.

i dont want to look like a mad man throwing a disc at chains over and over.. lol

Why? Who cares may spark some interesting conversation at the course!!

I also wanted to break in a teebird a little. While waiting to tee off I would toss it up on edge and let it hit the ground then pick it up and do it again. Definitely got some funny looks from others. whatever.

I prefer rollers, spike hyzers, tomahawks, etc.. its just that theres not many holes at my local courses to use it as much as id like to get it beat in.

out of all things, tuning it for a while made a temporary difference, it acctualy held straight for a while longer than usual.

Pretty sure i just broke 400ft with my purple proton volt. Due to the disc and a test of a tweak in my form, i was able to get more reach back and more force on the disc without over torquing. As a forehand dominant when it comes to driving this is a big step for me as i was maxing out 380 on a hyzer flip s curve with my 168g neutron volt. Thanks for another mile stone broken MVP!

so, would any of you say it's like a longer rival? :D i do have a neutron, but was wondering before i rush out and replace anything . . . aka my rival.

i'm worried if i buy a tensor it's going to replace my pain. :( i mean, it's fine; my gl pain is sorta beat anyway. but then mvp is all of a sudden taking my bag by storm and kicking out lat. sad day.

i do have to say though; certain molds they make will just never work for me. i can't stand the ion's rim.

***sigh***

that neutron plastic takes dye sooooooo well...maybe i will just go ahead and buy the p volt and the tensor.

Apparently MVP loves Johnny Depth as much as DGCR. Check out their latest Facebook post, hilarious. I instantly got the reference so I'm surprised that nobody else has brought this up. I don't have any MVP in my bag currently, but I may have to purchase a Proton Volt just to support their sense of humor. Nice to see a company not take itself too seriously.

I liked the Johnny Depth homage in the proton volt pic MVP put up on Facebook earlier today.

Apparently MVP loves Johnny Depth as much as DGCR. Check out their latest Facebook post, hilarious. I instantly got the reference so I'm surprised that nobody else has brought this up. I don't have any MVP in my bag currently, but I may have to purchase a Proton Volt just to support their sense of humor. Nice to see a company not take itself too seriously.

Yup dehaas already caught on. I loved it as well.

I think I may have messed up not getting a proton volt. The neutron I just got looks and flies almost exactly like my amp.

so, would any of you say it's like a longer rival? :D i do have a neutron, but was wondering before i rush out and replace anything . . . aka my rival.

i'm worried if i buy a tensor it's going to replace my pain. :( i mean, it's fine; my gl pain is sorta beat anyway. but then mvp is all of a sudden taking my bag by storm and kicking out lat. sad day.

i do have to say though; certain molds they make will just never work for me. i can't stand the ion's rim.

***sigh***

that neutron plastic takes dye sooooooo well...maybe i will just go ahead and buy the p volt and the tensor.

For me the volt was about 10 ft longer than my rival. While the extra 10 ft is nice, I'm still going to stick to the rival bc of the variation in plastics and the subtle differences between them vs. the very different neutron/proton volt.

My soft anode warped! It's got a weird dent in the middle where the dome comes in. Must be from sitting in my car with other disc leaning on it. Anyway to fix it?

Thinking about picking up a proton volt to go with my neutron. Not sure if I can justify it just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.