• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is your Amp a FR? Or are you a noodle arm?
I don't know what run. Not sure on noodle. Both go about 310ish. Both need a good amount of hyzer on release or they go to ground. My Shock is a good bit different. Dead straight for longer than I would have expected wit a hard hook at the end.

I don't know what run. Not sure on noodle. Both go about 310ish. Both need a good amount of hyzer on release or they go to ground. My Shock is a good bit different. Dead straight for longer than I would have expected wit a hard hook at the end.

Hmm. It's hard to say. At that distance a Volt shouldn't go to the ground, even when thrown flat. And an Amp at that distance won't turn and burn, when thrown flat either.

Could be a freaky understable Volt, or wrist roll. I'm leaning more toward wrist roll, or OAT

my First Run stamp proton Volt (from disc nation) came in the mail and it was very deformed, the dome was completely pushed in and it looked like something very heavy sat on top of the package for a loooong time.. sad day for me.. still flies okay but just feels and looks strange

all my other volts are perfectly fine, but they were shipped differently.

my First Run stamp proton Volt (from disc nation) came in the mail and it was very deformed, the dome was completely pushed in and it looked like something very heavy sat on top of the package for a loooong time.. sad day for me.. still flies okay but just feels and looks strange

all my other volts are perfectly fine, but they were shipped differently.

Most likely not DN's fault. Still sucks though.

Looking at maybe buying an MVP Driver or two. Loved the Ions when they first came on the scene, but moved away from them in the winter months due to my warm hands sticking to the cold flight plate. I'm thinking of going with a N Volt!

I think I may have messed up not getting a proton volt. The neutron I just got looks and flies almost exactly like my amp.

Is your Amp a FR? Or are you a noodle arm?

Hmm. It's hard to say. At that distance a Volt shouldn't go to the ground, even when thrown flat. And an Amp at that distance won't turn and burn, when thrown flat either.

Could be a freaky understable Volt, or wrist roll. I'm leaning more toward wrist roll, or OAT

I had a Volt every bit as understable (at least in the high speed portion) as any Amp I've thrown. It was hot pink and in new condition from Frank D. Exact same PLH as the pink ones Mike C. and I got originally for testers, but -2 or -3 less HSS. Crazy disc...Threw my longest Volt shots with it, but in the end I chose the Amp over it.

Threw them again today. While almost the same, they are not. Just really close. More like variation you'd see in the same model.

Hey MVP folks.

I'm considering getting an Eclipse Tangent to backup my Neutrons. I've never thrown or held Eclipse plastic before - is it closer in feel to either Proton or Neutron? I'm not a big fan of how rigid the rim is in Proton, so if Eclipse is similar, I'll probably stick to Neutrons.

Thanks for your help!

Eclipse is Proton with the glow rim, so fairly similar. I feel like the white rim is a little softer than the black, but that may be just me.

my First Run stamp proton Volt (from disc nation) came in the mail and it was very deformed, the dome was completely pushed in and it looked like something very heavy sat on top of the package for a loooong time.. sad day for me..

yeah i sat on your discs all the way from texas. just to show you a thing or two about puddle tops.

still flies okay

exactly. so cut it out. plus i thought mvp only send you perfect discs?

I had a Volt every bit as understable (at least in the high speed portion) as any Amp I've thrown. It was hot pink. . .

same exact story with my hot pink volt. i was kinda pissed at first since it was my replacement for a lost (more) stable volt, but now the proton volts are out so who cares?

I have a hot pink volt that is domey and the most os of the three i have so it ain't a rule. I bought mine direct in the spring.

rumor has it that mvp has a "hot now" neon sign at the factory just like krispy kreme donuts and you can go in and buy domey overstable volts DIRECT IN THE SPRING and theyre still warm and pink, yanno !?

Do the Eclipse discs light up fairly well? I was thinking of getting one because they look so sweet. I've never used a glow disc and I think it's kind of backwards considering it would be in your bag except for the few minutes it's on the course, but damn the MVP Eclipse plastic looks so cool. I would just want to throw it around for the thrill of it :p

rumor has it that mvp has a "hot now" neon sign at the factory just like krispy kreme donuts and you can go in and buy domey overstable volts DIRECT IN THE SPRING and theyre still warm and pink, yanno !?

I think only you know stranger. I was just referencing a timeframe for when the disc was sold/made. But carry on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts