• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2ge4.jpg

I said earlier that MVP Eclipse discs are the best looking discs ever.. I was wrong, Neutrons are. Do I even dare throw them because they are so beautiful? :D (Sorry for the Ultra-HD picture)

Hey guys, I'm looking to start playing putter only rounds to help improve my form, and want to get a more durable putter for mostly wooded courses. Do you guys recommend an Anode or Ion for me? Would Neutron or Proton plastic make any difference for these discs?

For reference, I've been playing 1-2 times a week for the past 4-5 months. I currently have a DX Aviar and a KC Pro Aviar that I average 160-180 feet. I do like the bead on the KC pro Aviar.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm looking to start playing putter only rounds to help improve my form, and want to get a more durable putter for mostly wooded courses. Do you guys recommend an Anode or Ion for me? Would Neutron or Proton plastic make any difference for these discs?

For reference, I've been playing 1-2 times a week for the past 4-5 months. I currently have a DX Aviar and a KC Pro Aviar that I average 160-180 feet. I do like the bead on the KC pro Aviar.

If you enjoy the bead, go Ion. If you can live with either, I would go Anode, as it is a touch more neutral (in my experience, at least) and will do a better job of showing form flaws. Either way, though, you'll be helping yourself out. Both are great discs in durable plastic.

I will also throw my hat in the ring for Proton Soft. It feels excellent.

I've seen a lot of talk about the Volt being different after the first run and the Volt and Shock appear to have the same numbers over at Infinite Discs. I like the look of the Tangent, Servo, Amp and Axis. What are the numbers closer to for the current runs of the Volt and Shock? I have an Ion and an Anode already and love how they feel. Prefer the Neutron to the Eclipse plastic. Didn't really feel up the Soft Proton that day tho.

Any ideas? Just wanting to understand the discs a bit better and maybe I will try more MPV stuff out. I really need to quit buying discs tho :)

I've seen a lot of talk about the Volt being different after the first run and the Volt and Shock appear to have the same numbers over at Infinite Discs. What are the numbers closer to for the current runs of the Volt and Shock?

Current Volt and Shock are a similar basic stability when new, with the Volt having a more forward fade. As they season they differentiate. They both develop a little high speed turn, but it translates differently to the discs. Volts start holding their turn longer and coming back later/slower. This makes it a very straight flyer. Shocks tend to flip up/over fairly quick, but hit the LSS point a lot quicker and still fade fairly hard. So it ends up being either a flip flat and then hyzer disc, or one for consistent S flights. The Volt always goes farther for me.

So Volt ends up more like a Teebird and Shock ends up more like an Eagle? Seems to be what discspeed is describing.

I would say volts, especially proton volts, START like a faster teebird but season out of it. Seasoned shocks are faster "lightly seasoned" eagles. Keep in mind the faster part; both of these discs are definitely faster than eagles and teebirds.

I'm just wondering that as MVP discs are made from 2 different pieces of plastic, how are those discs actually produced/what does the process look like - and how they can still create very consistent products?

I'm just wondering that as MVP discs are made from 2 different pieces of plastic, how are those discs actually produced/what does the process look like - and how they can still create very consistent products?

That's what Innova is trying to figure out. Zing!

there used to be a video of them making the discs but it is no longer public and their processes have been adjusted with new equipment etc but basically they injection mold a core then mold the rim around it. many of the MVP discs only have different OM configurations and share the same core.

there used to be a video of them making the discs but it is no longer public and their processes have been adjusted with new equipment etc but basically they injection mold a core then mold the rim around it. many of the MVP discs only have different OM configurations and share the same core.

All MVP discs have a unique overmold. It is correct that many discs share the cores. For instance the Shock, Volt, and Amp all have the same core.

↑↑ BTW, Holotone, it's always a treat to see your sick dyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts