• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
so do I blame the core or OM for my last ace run chain-out?

Of course its the putter and not basket design though right? Those sneeky MVP just avoid the chains all together. Gyro probably pushes them out the way.

Has anyone suggested Axiom might refer to the overmold plastic itself? Perhaps the base plastic isn't the core. If they backtrack and refer to the rubber overmold specifically as "Gyro" they can have a base putter overmold for chain grabbing. And a different plastic overmold could allow them to easily create different colors.

So the teaser flight plates are stamped for Neutron core, Axiom overmold. Plus, if you assume that, then the Axiom logo looks like it's depicting an overmold on the side of the 'A'

And Envy and Alias are likely the first new discs to have the Axiom overmold.

Just my thoughts.

To add to this.. maybe Axiom isn't specially weighted, so instead of the GYRO effect, they are going to act like 'normal' discs to achieve either true OVER or UNDER stability rather than most of the GYRO discs being basically stable with different amounts of fade and with this they are able to add colorants and different things to the overmold process but still maintain N and P cores

new plastic?

My guess on the Alias: colored overmolds.

I think the image with the rainbow stamp was a hint, and there's some potential evidence of that in the stack of discs in the background on one of their pics.

Their teaser pics are very deliberate, and serve a very specific purpose. While it seems to be quite frustrating to some who are trying to parse out so many new things at one time, I for one, have enjoyed it.

Seems like, at the very least, there's 3 new things coming.
Well done, MVP.

Wikipedia said:
An axiom, or postulate, is a premise or starting point of reasoning. As classically conceived, an axiom is a premise so evident as to be accepted as true without controversy.[1] The word comes from the Greek ἀξίωμα (āxīoma) 'that which is thought worthy or fit' or 'that which commends itself as evident.'[2][3] As used in modern logic, an axiom is simply a premise or starting point for reasoning.[4] Axioms define and delimit the realm of analysis; the relative truth of an axiom is taken for granted within the particular domain of analysis, and serves as a starting point for deducing and inferring other relative truths. No explicit view regarding the absolute truth of axioms is ever taken in the context of modern mathematics, as such a thing is considered to be an irrelevant and impossible contradiction in terms.

So, with regards to my last post, possibly the definition of axiom could be more evidence that my guess may be true. Meaning that a 'normal' disc is thought of as an axiom by MVP because it is the starting point for discs. 'Normal' discs are taken for granted because they don't act differently and aren't 'controversal'.

So, keeping with MVP fashion, they kept the overmold, but didn't add the GYRO effect to it by weighting the OM differently, so it will fly like a 'normal' disc or an axiom.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but I'm bored and have nothing else to think about.. so thoughts on this theory?

Man, my first thought when I saw that disc was: Atlas. It looks a LOT like an Atlas.

Could you be on to something there? I think an Alias in terms of electric current is some type of false signal, which goes well with the themes they use. Could it also be a slight jab at the Atlas, being it looks so familiar to MVP style discs? Also because it may be their first attempt at different overmold colors (from black and white) and that was something Innova started with when they released the Atlas. Just more stream of thought word vomit to contribute to these endless speculation threads. Fun times.

To add to this.. maybe Axiom isn't specially weighted, so instead of the GYRO effect, they are going to act like 'normal' discs to achieve either true OVER or UNDER stability rather than most of the GYRO discs being basically stable with different amounts of fade and with this they are able to add colorants and different things to the overmold process but still maintain N and P cores

Good idea but in one of the pictures you see with Axiom printing on the rim you can see the rims on the discs in the background with the word Gyro on them.

Yeaaaaaaah, I'm fairly confident that:

1. Axiom refers to a new configuration for discs, whether it's specifically Eclipse Neutron (doubted), or some sort of baseline plastic overmold, etc..
2. Alias and Envy are two new molds.

Reasoning:

1. The "Axiom" logo appears on several different and is the less-prominent logo on each disc. The exception is the teaser of an Eclipse disc with the logo huge. That, and the presence "Axiom" on the overmold pics cast some doubt on it being a disc configuration rather than a mold, but I'm still pretty confident it's a configuration.

2. Both the teasers for the Alias and the Envy have the name quite large when compared to the Axiom logo. They occupy "center stage" if you will, and share the same font. The near-identical stamp on both teaser pics isn't an issue to me (that they're the same mold in different plastics), because Neutron and Eclipse both have near-identical stamps across molds.

Finally, I'm speculating that the Alias and Envy are a new class of disc, given that their names don't fit with any of the other speed classes already established.

So yeah. "Axiom" = new disc configuration/plastic, "Alias" and "Envy" = new molds. But I won't die on this hill.

^^^ I'd agree, though I'm curious as to what the Eclipse-looking disc on the FB page was about. It's what's keeping me from a whole-hearted buy-in to the Axiom = Eclipse Neutron idea.

1535672_658825540840991_863205400_n.jpg

maybe just hype for the new version of their glow discs which were "seamless" in transitioning into production and perfecting? Hard to tell if that logo is actually stamped on the disc but very good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts