• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Electron provides wider weight range capabilities it seems. Up until recently there were no 150 class ions only atoms. They have done something weird and now can get proton 150 ions along with plasma but seems like electron gives a little more room to work with weight ranges given the bulky rimmed slower discs.

6th Gen Ion, new mold, allows 150s AND Electron. I'll be adding info about it including the identifying mark to the Ion History Page sooner than later.

How do the darn putters fly so far? I threw my Atom 340 twice yesterday. I can only throw Wizards 290.

Is the Envy or Proxy closer to the Atom? I want a more durable one to drive with.

Its the same core on all 3 molds. Atoms fly like a envy when new and proxy once slightly seasoned and eventually beat to US.

Envy is beaded and slightly OS. Proxy is just straight. Id say envy is actually more like atom when driving. Proxy is special lol.

For me, if you're talking 300+, you'll probably prefer the Envy. But you might get some dope precise turnover lines from a Proxy at that D.

hell even at 300+ the proxy just goes straight. my atom took quite a beating for a season b4 it was even a turnover putter-- for a while it would just keep fading a little later and less. My proxy is pretty old and seen a lot of use but hardly even has turn maybe a sliiiiiiiiight .5 now but ill blame that on blowing up the chains with my ace ;)

I've been throwing the proxy a little more lately. If I need dead straight 275 and in it's the proxy. If I need a right turning shorter drive it's the proxy. Nose up you can coax a little fade out of the proxy in approaches. It has kicked out my warships and roc3 for mid duties while the envy holds down most other mid duties. Love the envy proxy combo I think it may be the best one two punch in the game.

For me, if you're talking 300+, you'll probably prefer the Envy. But you might get some dope precise turnover lines from a Proxy at that D.

I don't like a big bead, is the envy's bead big like a Wizard, or small like a JK Aviar?

hardly noticeable. I throw ions and those are wizard-esq with the BB.

Envy is beaded like a pure, its there but you don't really know.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post

I don't like a big bead, is the envy's bead big like a Wizard, or small like a JK Aviar?

I don't think the Envy will bother you if the Atom doesn't, probably.

I should say this (it may not apply to you though...)

That when I was messing around with driving with the Atom (which wasn't for long for some reason) I felt like I was getting more D out of it than Envies.

And that's not a beef, I'm an Envy man through and through, I have 9 and I don't putt with them.

If you wind up trying one, I'd be curious to see how far you're cranking it out.

Cruising for a trade, or a used one. Sounds like something I might like.

I can definitely handle that. Thanks guys!

Yea basically the "bead" on an envy is just a small piece of the core sticking out beneath the overmold. The atom is similar.

Dude, me too. What do you think about the Spin? Think, for putting, it'll scratch the same itch as an Elec Anode would?

The anode is about how it fits my hand for me. So probably not.

I feel sort of betrayed that they did ions but not anodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts