• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if MVP will have enough market penetration to open up their own online shop a large Innova/Discmania, etc. I'm thinking a place to see x-outs, limited runs of textured Ions, early mold Volts and Shocks, Skullboys, etc. Probably wishful thinking, but I bet they could bring in some serious coin from the faithful.

Do these overmold things glide better?

:p:p:p

In all seriousness though I need to give some of these new molds a try. Haven't thrown any of them since the proton Volt.

I wonder if MVP will have enough market penetration to open up their own online shop a large Innova/Discmania, etc. I'm thinking a place to see x-outs, limited runs of textured Ions, early mold Volts and Shocks, Skullboys, etc. Probably wishful thinking, but I bet they could bring in some serious coin from the faithful.

That would be cool to see, but I bet we see a lot more from them - new plastics, more molds - first. They seem much more intent on growing the amount of products, and they seem to do pretty well through conventional retailers.

You are right, though - I have spent a crapton at the Discmania store. MVP would kill it.

Part III already? Did I ever tell you guys I'm a MVP fan? :p

Stu, definitely check out the Tesla or Inertia, depending on your power. Both are great discs, and come in a slew of weights.

I've been getting my longest drives with the inertia lately. My nateral throw is a hyzerflip I guess

I'm more worried about the durability. The first run volt I had was nearly indestructible. The only nick it had on the overmold was when I hit the number plate on top of a basket at Mt Airy Forest. I hit trees, rocks, roads, steps, and every other conceivable object on a disc course, without any damage. The tesla and inertia I have both have gotten a good road rash, and my inertia has a fairly good sized gash in it.

^^ i doubt they change anything in their plastic mold... I have a first run volt, and althought it can take a beating, he still gets some scratches and gouges from some nasty hits... It's plastic.

Careful with that heresy Brutalbrutus. I said that about the neutron Envy when it came out (while still progressing it's awesomeness) and the MVP hoard raked me over the coals and called me a liar even when I posted photo evidence.

But for what it's worth, the Envy still flies as advertised despite a massive amount of cosmetic damage on all my neutrons, so you shouldn't have any issues with your inertia and Tesla

So I have a 157 servo that when I release flat flues straight with a healthy fade. Will I see any turn out of a similar weighted crave on the same throw? I have about 300 feet of power.

I would say most likely rouge. Y'll likely get the same or a slight bit more turn and definitely less fade. If you had the chance to test I would try a light crave, a midde wight crave, and a mid weight switch. I think between the three you can find a perfect servo compliment.

So I have a 157 servo that when I release flat flues straight with a healthy fade. Will I see any turn out of a similar weighted crave on the same throw? I have about 300 feet of power.

You should. The crave softens up the servo's sharp fade in most cases (although I have heard people claim the opposite.) Mine gets a touch of turn with a softer fade, where my servo goes out extremely straight, and then fades sharply to the ground.

Careful with that heresy Brutalbrutus. I said that about the neutron Envy when it came out (while still progressing it's awesomeness) and the MVP hoard raked me over the coals and called me a liar even when I posted photo evidence.

But for what it's worth, the Envy still flies as advertised despite a massive amount of cosmetic damage on all my neutrons, so you shouldn't have any issues with your inertia and Tesla

Well they cant give me to much grief, considering I just picked up another mvp disc, lol. Placed 4th in a local event and picked up an SE tesla with my merch coupon.:thmbup:

Do these overmold things glide better?

:p:p:p

In all seriousness though I need to give some of these new molds a try.

The new models seriously do "glide" better lol.. the overmolds are bigger and greater part of the overall rim with the newer 1.7cm class as well as distance drivers. Plus the neutron plastic now feels/looks better than ever! ...stop sleeping you need more gyro :p

Alright, I don't want to start a war or anything, it's an honest question:
Are the overmolds that axiom discs use the same (beside color agent) as those on MVP discs?
Reason of my question (one hit, on my third throw ever, on a lamp post at the end of the flight) :
14036208957_ab21a74cbe.jpg

14036138638_ce08167437.jpg

Testing would be hard in my case considering I would have to hit the same post at about the speed plus I don't really want to destroy my discs... However, I know my volt hit that post before at what seemed like a faster hit and came out with some scars, but not that deep.
Guess I got unlucky on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.