• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
New ovemold material has definitely improved on durability which is great to see in these new high speed drivers. Reminds me of the OG indestructible blends from previous old runs pre-axiom..

I dont' even want to throw my old mvp/axiom since the new stuff is way better

I do and have one good take down on it! Just need another day to get some more footage.

I don't have a Nitro yet. Trying to get some funds together!

Is there a problem with eclipse glow amps? I got a misprint one and this thing is a meat hook. No turn, hard fade. If I throw it backhand straight overhead it manages to still flatten and fade instead of rolling.

Apologies if there is a better thread for this question... Search isn't working well on my phone.

So, I have a Proxy and love it... Went discing with a three disc setup but lost both an Eagle and an Avenger SS to the jungle-like shule. So, pro-shop on site... I bought a Volt to replace the Eagle and an Inspire for the Avenger SS...
The Volt feels great and I can use it in this slot... The Inspire feels nothing like the Avenger SS... Flight chart looked right...

So what did I do wrong and what would have been a better choice? TIA

Apologies if there is a better thread for this question... Search isn't working well on my phone.

So, I have a Proxy and love it... Went discing with a three disc setup but lost both an Eagle and an Avenger SS to the jungle-like shule. So, pro-shop on site... I bought a Volt to replace the Eagle and an Inspire for the Avenger SS...
The Volt feels great and I can use it in this slot... The Inspire feels nothing like the Avenger SS... Flight chart looked right...

So what did I do wrong and what would have been a better choice? TIA

The Inertia or Virus might have been a better stand in for AvSS. The Inspire is marketed as being more US than it really is. The Relay is a much better driver.

The Inertia or Virus might have been a better stand in for AvSS. The Inspire is marketed as being more US than it really is. The Relay is a much better driver.

Yep. Actually the Insanity is right between the inertia (valk-ish) and virus-- being very US.

From stable to US (10 speeds):
Inertia
Insanity
Impulse
Virus

Inspire is had a seasoned Teebird kind of flight and never did much for me either. I had beat up craves I liked and the inspire didn't offer much. Switch was fun but the relay has taken that spot all together as a workable woods driver similar to how people use a leopard. One of my favorite MVP discs to come out really.

Vanish/Wave would be like a faster avenger SS if you are looking for some easy D and don't mind a 11-12 speed rim. 160's go boom! Hope that helps.

Is there a problem with eclipse glow amps? I got a misprint one and this thing is a meat hook. No turn, hard fade. If I throw it backhand straight overhead it manages to still flatten and fade instead of rolling.

Early flat run s of the proton cores (doesn't matter OM) tend to be a little more OS vs the new plasma with a slight dome and retooled mold like the volt has gone through. Amps in general are not really all that US even when I throw them 350'+. They have high speed turn but not an easy roller disc. Are you 100% sure its an amp and not a volt? check the tooling.

Last edited:
The Inspire is definitely a more stable disc than marketed, which is sad, because it's also a great disc if you let it do it's thing. It reminds me more of a slightly more stable Valkyrie than anything else. I love it for what it does either way. Controlled anny for sure. I hit chains with it on hole 8 at Lakeside at Selah on Saturday. It splashed out, but still, the disc did exactly what I wanted it to. It's also great for a nice small S when needed through tight fairways.

Early flat run s of the proton cores (doesn't matter OM) tend to be a little more OS vs the new plasma with a slight dome and retooled mold like the volt has gone through. Amps in general are not really all that US even when I throw them 350'+. They have high speed turn but not an easy roller disc. Are you 100% sure its an amp and not a volt? check the tooling.
while I'm not 100% as it is a misprint, it says amp. It's triple stamped amp, merry Christmas, and anode.

And I wasn't necessary trying to take a good roller shot, but really any disc thrown rhbh at 12 o'clock should hit the ground to roll, if poorly.

The flight is nice on the disc. I can find a use for it, but I bought it hoping to replace my old beat up and lost roadrunner. Probably not the best choice for it anyway, but I wanted something US and the amp was there.

I might just need to get another, thay isn't a misprint.

I'm really curious to see if the Nitro or Energy is more my style.
Anyone thrown both so far?

I'm really curious to see if the Nitro or Energy is more my style.
Anyone thrown both so far?

Energy isnt out yet but nitro is fast and beefy. Flexes out of anny pretty mean at under 350' huge skips too.

I have a few nitro if you want to try one can sell a used or whatever like those phases im not all that interested in the nitro its a bit much lol.

For father's day, I'm planning on getting my dad his own discs to play with. We go during the summer and I always build him a bag of my back ups, but there's some molds that I just don't have that would be great for him. Still working on form with him, but he's got a decent arm. 300 max, I would say.

So, what would you guys suggest for some good lower-arm-speed-friendly discs? I'm not going to do all MVP, but mostly gyro. Relay for straight-US (also enforces good form), Servo for OS, Orbital/Vanish for big shots (also enforces good form), maybe an Envy/Proxy for approach. I'm going to get an Aviar for putting and Buzzz for midrange, so I'm good with those two slots. It's just the drivers and possibly approach discs I'm looking to gyro for.

If he can throw 300', get a Crave, Relay, Buzz, Theory, Envy, Proxy, Buzzz, Aviar. You have every shot covered with that setup.

If he can throw 300', get a Crave, Relay, Buzz, Theory, Envy, Proxy, Buzzz, Aviar. You have every shot covered with that setup.

This. I can get my Crave out a little past 325 consistently with the occasional 350 foot stars aligning shot. This is pretty much my nutsac. I don't have a Theory in there. And I am trying out the Matrix in place of the Buzzz that's usually there. I also have a Resistor for utility (might try a Fireball). This setup has been doing so well for me lately that I sold my Mahal to a friend.

Volts are great go-to drivers for lower power players. I have a friend who throws a ion buzzz or volt on probably 75% of shots in a round and he doesnt carry anything faster or slower. Volt comes in lots of good plastic/wt options as well. Tesla is also worth looking at but on the lighter side. Both molds pair great with a slower US disc.

Proxy or envy are great choices and my buddy has been considering a proxy after seeing me crush it lately.

Relay is one of my favorite new MVP discs to come out in years. the theory is unique in its ability to handle lots of power while not be flippy yet still fly the same lower power US lines when finessed. GREAT mid to learn all throwing angles and get clean form without becoming uber frustrated trying to throw it.

If he likes beaded molds the tangent is another option for a slightly more stable theory like a faster seasoned low profile ion-ish flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts