• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up a Mike C Telsa and Servo at the PIAS in Charlotte on my birthday a couple days ago...apparently I just missed the personal dropoff. Both 165. Servo flies almost identical to my Crave but a little slower. That Telsa though woooo man what a disc! Wish I picked that thing up BEFORE I played Renny Park though. It sure does go well with his Inertia cousins in the bag. Now just gotta get me one of those sparkle blue Inertia's and I'll be set! (until next MVP announcement of course)

Awesome to hear! Thanks for the support :)

I do have some Proton Inertias with my stamp on them I'm selling, but I'm down to 3 or 4.

I'm in the works of putting a website together where you can buy them directly, which is why I haven't listed them yet.

For my true fairway speed class line-up, I go from OS to US: 175g Resistor, 175g Crave, 170g Crave, 156g Crave, 175g Inspire. Still testing the Clash out.

Resistor compares to Banshees or a slower Firebird with mild dome, Craves are laser straight similar to DX TB's, Inspires are like Leo's that are just a hair faster.

So, what would a Servo be like in your comparisons and where would it fit in? Too much overlap with the Crave?

My line up is:

182 Resistor
167 Servo
159 Leopard

I'm thinking of getting an Inspire to replace the Leo. Also, I was thinking of putting a Crave in there. Maybe a light one.

Awesome to hear! Thanks for the support :)

I do have some Proton Inertias with my stamp on them I'm selling, but I'm down to 3 or 4.

I'm in the works of putting a website together where you can buy them directly, which is why I haven't listed them yet.

No problem sir! Happy to have ya in NC. I'm down the road in Raleigh where you should definitely come knock out a few courses sometime...Heck, when you do, I will gladly take one of those Inertia's off your hands! Free shipping at it's finest:thmbup:

My bag has Neutron and Proton Inertias, Neutron Impulse, Neutron Clash, and Neutron Servo fighting for some bag slots..

So, what would a Servo be like in your comparisons and where would it fit in? Too much overlap with the Crave?

My line up is:

182 Resistor
167 Servo
159 Leopard

I'm thinking of getting an Inspire to replace the Leo. Also, I was thinking of putting a Crave in there. Maybe a light one.

That's a beefy Resistor!

The Servo would fit in between the clash and Crave based on my Clash testing. It shows a touch more high speed turn than the Clash, and a later fade.

The main reason I didn't bag the Servo for long is because of the Crave. The Crave is my #1 driver these days, so I tend to go with an assortment of them to cover my straight shots, plus a Resistor for OS and an Inspire to US. I'm not certain about keeping a Clash in there either, because I feel like I have my bases covered between those three. I just really like how the clash has been responding to my throwing style, so I might work it in after I find a good excuse :p

No problem sir! Happy to have ya in NC. I'm down the road in Raleigh where you should definitely come knock out a few courses sometime...Heck, when you do, I will gladly take one of those Inertia's off your hands! Free shipping at it's finest:thmbup:

Once I knock out a few more Charlotte courses I plan to go up your way!

I would still enjoy having a proton Amp and Shock as well as Clash. But outside of that I would really enjoy having a bag tag with the flight charts, like what Discraft gave out a few years ago at the Ace Race. That would be sweet.. Still hoping for a baseline putter from MVP. That would knock some space into my bag.

Had someone PM me asking for more info on MVP molds, and thought others might be interested in the list I made him. I tried to compare MVP's molds to popular DC/Innova molds to give him a rough idea of what to expect. Of course, all of these molds have little nuances that set them apart from one another.

Putters

Anode - Beadless Aviar with more HSS.
Ion - KC Aviar / Challenger with more HSS.
Envy - Rhyno with more glide

Mids

Tangent - Fresh Z Comet with a bit more reliability and a bit less glide, Star Mako with a touch less LSS, more reliable and HSS Atlas
Axis - Buzz with a hair less speed and less LSS, Roc3 that powers down better.
Vector - Fresh Rancho Roc, Wasp
Tensor - Buzz OS I'm guessing, falls in between a Wasp and Drone (Haven't thrown Hornets), from Innova it would be a tick more Os than a Star Rancho Roc but not as glideless / dumpy as Gators.

Fairways

Switch - Seasoned Leopard, touch faster, never threw understable DC drivers.
Inspire - Fresh Leopard, touch faster.
Crave - DX Teebird, touch faster than a fresh ESP Cyclone
Servo - Broken in but not yet seasoned Star Eagle X, similar to an XL but a bit slower I believe (Been a few years since I've thrown one)
Clash - Fresh champ Eagle X, seasoned Banshee + some glide, slower beat Predator
Resistor - Banshee with extra glide, baby Predator

Control drivers

Amp - Sidewinder, Roadrunner
Volt - PD, LOLFASTERTEEBIRD, Starfire X, Avenger (Guessing on the last one, never threw one but it sounds similar)
Shock - Seasoned Predator, FL maybe?

Distance Drivers

Impulse - Faster roadrunner, Avenger SS
Inertia - Faster Valkyrie, slower Nuke
Tesla - Baby Destroyer (whatever the beefy runs are), faster Avenger, beefy Surge / Wraith
Motion - Faster Firebird, slower Nuke OS, beefier and more consistently run Force (Had mixed experiences with that mold)

If I were to give you a set of MVP / Axiom discs to try, I would pick the following in whichever weights and plastics you feel most drawn to:

Anode - putts, neutral approach putter
Envy - slightly OS driving and upshot putter
Tangent - Do it all mid
Resistor - OS utility disc
Crave - Straight, go to driver
Inspire - More workable understable compliment to the Crave
Amp, Inertia or Impulse - Understable max D. Ideally I'd let you throw all 3 in a field and see what works, but if I'm going to blindly suggest one to a ~300' thrower I'd start with a 155 Inertia and go from there. Amps I've only seen down to 164, not sure if they go lower. The DD's all go to 155.

A public thanks to Mike for taking the time to write that out. I'm glad it got posted somewhere as I doubt I'm the only one who will find it useful.

Wow, can't believe I missed it.

Alias is very close to a Buzz but slower. I used to throw the QMS and I'd say the Alias has a slight bit more HSS and LSS, and it moves through the air a bit quicker. The QMS always felt like it moved slow through the air for me. M3's gave me a similar flight too.

Bit more fade than an Axis, with a flatter top (Not that the Axis is domey, but it does have a bit, while the Alias tends to be perfectly flat).

I tell people the Alias flies like my seasoned ESP Buzzz just shorter(slower) as such, it holds anny lines better at short distances. The only other thing I'd note is that when I first started throwing the Alias is that it more or less fell out of the sky as opposed to fading out like the Buzzz.

On another note, I'm in the process of replacing my 179 Z Buzzz with a 172 Tensor due to seeing very similar flight.

My Alias is beat a bit. Seems to be very similar to my Opto Pure. In fact, I am going to putt with it instead of my Anode next round.

I haven't thrown a Buzzz in a while, so maybe it's my improved form, but the Alias feels more HSS to me but less LSS. It just goes straight. The Buzzz I got a little s curve out of when I was throwing it. Also, the Buzz definitely has more glide.

I've personally never thrown a disc quite like the Alias before. I thought it was going to be similar to the Axis, but it both feels and flies different to me. The one disc I might make a comparison to in both feel and flight would be the Tangent, but the Tangent is definitely less stable.

Been using my Alias a lot paired with my beat Axis. Kinda felt strange at first without an OS Mid but the Envy has been good in that spot. And the Resistor powers down so nice I use that if I need a beefy mid shot.

Been using my Alias a lot paired with my beat Axis. Kinda felt strange at first without an OS Mid but the Envy has been good in that spot. And the Resistor powers down so nice I use that if I need a beefy mid shot.

Seconding this.

I just put a fresh Eclipse sparkle Axis in the bag to compliment my 2 year old beat eclipse Axis. The Tensor has been in and out of my bag the last few weeks, but I've decided between a fresh Proton Envy and the Resistor, I have my OS control shots covered.

Seconding this.

I just put a fresh Eclipse sparkle Axis in the bag to compliment my 2 year old beat eclipse Axis. The Tensor has been in and out of my bag the last few weeks, but I've decided between a fresh Proton Envy and the Resistor, I have my OS control shots covered.

I too have paired down midranges to only 1 (sometimes two). Same as you really, If I have a hole I know I need the tensor for it goes in. Otherwise short duties are resistor, envy, axis, zone or putter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts