• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ Absolutely NO way! The Buzzz is the one disc in my bag that MVP hasn't been able to touch. The Envy steals a few shots here and there, but the Axis is best described as a touchier Buzzz. Get that nose angle a little off and the Buzzz fights through. The Axis gets squirrely much quicker.

^^ Absolutely NO way! The Buzzz is the one disc in my bag that MVP hasn't been able to touch. The Envy steals a few shots here and there, but the Axis is best described as a touchier Buzzz. Get that nose angle a little off and the Buzzz fights through. The Axis gets squirrely much quicker.

IME you're right re: Z Buzzz. ESP Buzzz and Axis are similar enough to be in the ballpark.

I'm actually bagging a P Vector, Lucid Truth, P Axis and GL Claymore right now, stability in that order from OS to US and I generally find the Truth to be the odd man out. It might be the most fun in terms of easy straightness and distance but it lacks the HSS and LSS of the Vector and it doesn't drift right as easily as the Axis (or Claymore) and that's the two lines I need the most out of mids in my neck of the woods (straight-fade, straight-slight right).

That being said I did almost ace a hole my last round with the Truth so... :\

I bag a E Vector, Glow Truth, and an ESP Comet. Covers the ranges very well. I have been messing around with a Star Roc for the Truth spot but it's a toss up for the lines they cover.

I'll completely agree on the Axis. I actually found a really domey pink first run one way back when that is more stable that a normal Axis but it's still not quite as easy to throw as the Roc or Truth. That straight mid and the US mid are the two spots I've not found a better MVP disc.

I bag a E Vector, Glow Truth, and an ESP Comet. Covers the ranges very well. I have been messing around with a Star Roc for the Truth spot but it's a toss up for the lines they cover.

I'll completely agree on the Axis. I actually found a really domey pink first run one way back when that is more stable that a normal Axis but it's still not quite as easy to throw as the Roc or Truth. That straight mid and the US mid are the two spots I've not found a better MVP disc.

Have you tried the Axiom side of things? The Theory is a really great US mid. Not saying it will replace your Comet, but worth a look.

The Theory and Comet can coexist for sure, although I pulled the Comet completely after bagging the Theory. I have lost distance and glide with the Theory, but my results are more consistent and repeatable overall. I also like that the Theory doesn't have the large bead the Comet does. If you've got excellent form and play mainly on calm days the Comet is a better disc. Otherwise, in my opinion, the Theory is easier to live with.

The Theory and Comet can coexist for sure, although I pulled the Comet completely after bagging the Theory. I have lost distance and glide with the Theory, but my results are more consistent and repeatable overall. I also like that the Theory doesn't have the large bead the Comet does. If you've got excellent form and play mainly on calm days the Comet is a better disc. Otherwise, in my opinion, the Theory is easier to live with.

I've heard everyone say that the Theory doesn't have as much distance potential as other discs in it's category. I've found the exact opposite! The Theory can be really long for me...I drove over a 300' anhyzer hole with the Theory a while back on a dead straight line (put too much hyzer on it... oops). I feel like over all the Comet could be longer on a calm day like you said because of it's absurd glide, but the Theory has more distance potential overall.

The Theory definitely has distance potential. I don't agree with people who compare it to a putter. There are other mids with more distance potential though. I don't know if the Comet is one of them, but the Truth certainly is. The Warship even more so. My problem with those molds is they encroach on my Craves, but are generally terrible in the wind.

The Theory definitely has distance potential. I don't agree with people who compare it to a putter. There are other mids with more distance potential though. I don't know if the Comet is one of them, but the Truth certainly is. The Warship even more so. My problem with those molds is they encroach on my Craves, but are generally terrible in the wind.

I always called the Truth a tweener fairway/mid. That thing just goes!! But for my money, I would rather have a clear slots: Putter - Mid - Fairway - Distance. I like the "shorter mids" because they hit the distance I need to. That being said, the Theory is perfect because it's longer than a putter and shorter than a fairway just like they're supposed to be!

When do March announcements usually happen? I keep thinking it's first Friday but it never is..

When do March announcements usually happen? I keep thinking it's first Friday but it never is..

What are you hoping for? My local shop hasn't even ordered Axiom Plasma stuff, so I'm hoping the March releases will be boring and uninteresting. Otherwise I may need to sell a kidney.

What are you hoping for? My local shop hasn't even ordered Axiom Plasma stuff, so I'm hoping the March releases will be boring and uninteresting. Otherwise I may need to sell a kidney.

Electron Anodes man. After seeing Electron Ions I have been very impatient.

I am hoping for plasma Craves. I would probably drop my Inertia for a Plasma Crave if the Crave has more glide in Plasma. Then I could run 3 Craves, 4 Envies and my Proxy for putting and be set for just about any course.

I dont like electron plastic. Its almost too grippy lol.

Really not a fan of the ions. Less glide :|

Oh well i always liked premium plastic ions anyway and have enough to last a lifetime.

You will probably like the firms better when they're released. I would imagine they would be a tad less griptastic, something similar to Fisson.

Status
Not open for further replies.