• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I could putt Electron Ions and have another Electron for throwing and obviously I could thrash one for flippyness.

This sounds like a great plan. The Electron Ion is an excellent putter. You could also putt baseline, and throw premium for longer shots, as the added durability will help retain that sweet flight pattern for a lot longer.

The Ion that I threw wasn't horrible in terms of feel but I was curious as to what the rest of the population throws. Throwing the Ion, granted it was a beat Electron but it did fly like somewhere between 250-275 on a 80% throw. I'm not sure if I could putt them though. I could probably source every putter except the Spin to try out. Maybe I could putt Electron Ions and have another Electron for throwing and obviously I could thrash one for flippyness. I might have to see how a premium plastic Ion fades before I would commit to throwing one.

The Ion can definitely cover all your bases. Premium plastic for driving, beat Electron for flip shots, and fresh Electron for putting.

Ions have a fade in between the Envy & Proxy. I used to bag all Ions but these days I drive and approach with the Envy / Proxy combo, and putt Ions.

I think the Ion is the best combo of glide and predictability for my spin putt style.

Using the Envy & Proxy lets me cover a wider array of shots with fresh discs. Envy will do a bit better in the Wind than Ions and fade harder, while the Proxy does lazer beams with ease, and flies a beautiful slight turnover once seasoned.

Here are two Ion test videos that will give you an idea of how they fly:

Plasma

Firm electron drives + Soft electron putts.

and for comparison, same course with just a Proxy off the tee.

Last edited:
I played for the first time today in two weeks.

Wish mvp made a two disc bag. I just need a bag to store my keys, phone, water bottle, volt, and ion.

Instead I carry 4 volts, 3 ions and rest are filler. I mean I can tell my muscles are getting more toned by lugging around more weight but its excessive for long rounds..

I played for the first time today in two weeks.

Wish mvp made a two disc bag. I just need a bag to store my keys, phone, water bottle, volt, and ion.

Instead I carry 4 volts, 3 ions and rest are filler. I mean I can tell my muscles are getting more toned by lugging around more weight but its excessive for long rounds..

Did you take your shirt off again?

Lightweight neutron Teslas- how do they fly? Looking for a just go-to out to 385-400 that holds a straight line well with a consistent fade. Nothing flashy, just straight to little fade flight, a consistent control driver. Is this what I'm looking for, or should I go lightweight wrath, or..? I'm thinking low 160s.

Ok so what MVP/Axiom putter has small to no bead, is stable enough for driving and won't fade or turn too much while tolerating some OAT. I was reccomended the Envy or Proxy but I want others advice. I find that BB Aviars and P2s work well but I would like a easily replaceable premium plastic version that I could putt with a "baseline" version. I prefer to putt and throw the same molds so I was goimg to go with the Harp but then the same problem as the P2 and BB Aviar comes into play. I'm a bit skeptical of overmolds since I really didn't give with the Tesla, Inertia or Inspire that I had, nor did the Nova or Atlas.

I'd also go Anode here if you want your putter and thrower to be the same mold and want your putter to be conventionally shaped like an Aviar, Wizard, etc (minus the curved inner rim).

I'm an Ion man, personally. Beads don't bother me.

I think the new Proton Atom might fit your bill well. Very little turn or fade and it can take some power.

If you want less fade go Proxy, want it to be more forgiving go Envy.

So you have a medical condition that won't let you lift 3 pounds, but you ace every hole with your Volt and Ion. Them GYRO discs really are something.

So you have a medical condition that won't let you lift 3 pounds, but you ace every hole with your Volt and Ion. Them GYRO discs really are something.

Hey big sky you dont know how far all my aces are. Maybe Im playing at eagles edge in brooklyn park every day. You dont know.

Is it the weight or the duration of lifting something? Maybe its more so the rigid position of carrying it. Think things through next time. You know what is said about assuming.

TLDR; YOU DONT KNOW

Sorry, forgot this.

face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye.png

Sorry, forgot this.

face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye.png

Lolz I went over the top on the response, "even for me".

On a more even temperament, I lost about 20 feet of distance today. I havent played in the past 2 maybe even three weeks.

And lets not even talk about my putting game.

And then I went out for a regular hike after and hammock'ed (sp?) next to the mississippi river. Peaceful and serene day 10/10.

How this has to do with mvp discs.. I did throw my volts and ions on every hole

This might be the first new release I get nothing from. I like the spin and when I bagged it I wanted it in proton, but I worked on taking some putter molds out of my bag and the spin lost its spot. Only thing I really might get is the light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts