• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ I don't throw very fast and play relatively short courses, so the Relay is generally my go to, if I'm throwing a driver. I bag others for diversity and additional challenge, but if my money is on the line, I'm likely reaching for a Relay.

^ I don't throw very fast and play relatively short courses, so the Relay is generally my go to, if I'm throwing a driver. I bag others for diversity and additional challenge, but if my money is on the line, I'm likely reaching for a Relay.

I don't have a cannon arm myself but can park a Volt 400'. Fission Photon and Insanity round out my distance drivers. I like the relay in tight wooded holes or short anhyzer lines. I need to hit the field with mine some more.

Can anyone compare the Panic to Nitros? I just got my first Panic in the mail, but won't have time to hit the field until next week. By the looks of the profile it seems pretty much identical to my Nitro. I'm just wondering if I'm going to have to beat that Nitro in afterall to finally get a not-too-much-OS Octane in the bag.

The Panic should be less overstable. However, I'm finding a lack of consistency in these new high speed drivers. Just picked up a Teleport that is less stable than my Relativity.

Can anyone compare the Panic to Nitros? I just got my first Panic in the mail, but won't have time to hit the field until next week. By the looks of the profile it seems pretty much identical to my Nitro. I'm just wondering if I'm going to have to beat that Nitro in afterall to finally get a not-too-much-OS Octane in the bag.

Slightly later fade, fights out of a flex line later, and a little more glide in general. Not a massive difference, they're both beefy.

Would you guys consider Tensor a "more overstable Vector" my proton vector is straight with very little fade and I would like to have something that fades more from MVP/Axiom.

Yes. Different feel but in the air the Tensor is like a Vector that wants to fade sooner and harder. It will be a little shorter for that reason.

MikeC have you thrown a Dimension? Thoughts?

Never got any testers so nope. Hoping someone on the marketplace will trade me one :D

Seems like a disc right up my alley. Hoping it's in between my Nitro and the Octanes I used to bag in terms of stability, though obviously faster. I've had my longest throws ever with Teleports but I prefer something a bit more predictable for the course.

Too much disc for mike.

Maybe that's what they figured :p

Last edited:
I just bought a max weight Dimension after reading the numbers on Infinite (14/5/0/3) and also picked up a 172 Panic (13/5/0/3). The Panic is what I was hoping for but the Dimension is nothing like it's numbers. My Dimension flies very similar to a Teleport, but a little more fade on it. Has anyone else experienced this with their Dimension?

I've not thrown a Dimension yet, but have thrown all of their other 23mm and 24.5mm discs. I bag several but have found them extremely inconsistent. For example, my first Teleport was overstable and it's replacement is pretty flippy. Kind of like what I've dealt with for years throwing Destroyers. I will say the three Mayhems I've thrown have been pretty much identical.

Never got any testers so nope.

Shame:thmbdown: (looking at you Brad & Chad or whoever is responsible for such a wasted opportunity). Hook the brother up, I wanna see Mike hitting that fence.

Or, if what peeps are saying is true and Dimension is a bust stability wise, that's going to require taking things to the Limit.

Yeah, that was lame:sick:, sry

Question: Dented a neutron amp flight pretty good. (Got under a storage tote in warm van). Massaging not working. Any suggestions for flattening back specifically with Neutron plastic?

... otherwise, recently started serous throwing with a neutron Volt from my random stash. A longer TL

Teetering on looking for trades for a pile of MVP fairways. Funkiest I would have in my trade list would be 3 or 4 ce valks

Assuming it was flat to begin with, let it get hot in the van again then set it upside down on a flat surface.

Question: Dented a neutron amp flight pretty good. (Got under a storage tote in warm van). Massaging not working. Any suggestions for flattening back specifically with Neutron plastic?

... otherwise, recently started serous throwing with a neutron Volt from my random stash. A longer TL

Teetering on looking for trades for a pile of MVP fairways. Funkiest I would have in my trade list would be 3 or 4 ce valks

The disc is done. The plastic got stretched out and the memory around the dent is stretched. Just has this happen to me and after several day in the hot sun flight plate down and up Rex. The dent is still there. It's less there but it'll always be there. Time for a new amp.

Flight plate down in sink and run hit water on it. I've fixed some before like that, but it won't have the same flight, even if the disc flattens back out.

Status
Not open for further replies.