• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dishwasheris a good bet, throw it in there and hope for the best, you can also try and mold plastic with a hair dryer... put something underneath to force the done up.

Its a bit crazy how much stuff they are releasing and yet I'm still wanting MORE! It's like we're spoiled now. Its crazy, they are definitely releasing more stuff than anyone right now. Discraft has been specializing in certain things like mini discs and ace race and putting the Buzzz Bee on EVERYTHING. haha at some point I wanna say "Ok, we all know the buzz is good, but give it a REST ALREADY"

SO WHEN are they going to release a true OS mid mold?

:confused::confused:

I consider the Tensor to fill that exact slot. What I want is something more overstable and slower; comparable to a Zone.

My main question for anyone out there was this. I recently bought an Electron Volt, which has replaced my Neutron Volt as my favorite disc. I still like the Neutron Volt for truly straight shots, but the Electron has a lower PLH with a little more turn and just goes farther for me. My thinking was the Electron plastic is less durable than the Neutron, but since it has the same outer molding, the disc should hold up just as well. However, the outer molding seems to be getting gouges in it at a faster rate than other MVP discs I've had.

Do you all know if the outer molding on Electron discs is actually less durable than the outer molding on Neutron and Proton discs??

...Do you all know if the outer molding on Electron discs is actually less durable than the outer molding on Neutron and Proton discs??

In my experience, YES. I throw a good mix of MVP plastic and Electrons (especially Softs) beat in significantly faster on the rim compared to Neutrons/Protons of the same mold.

It actually helps me a lot because they get flippy fast. I've been trying to make a light weight Neutron Ion flippy for over a year. A hundred trees later and it still flies almost exactly as it did when new.

Electron cores have electron overmolds. Neutrons have neutron OMs The bonding process they use requires that the two plastics are the same. There has been discussion on this in years past but I don't have ninja search skills...

Last edited:
Electron cores have electron overmolds. Neutrons have neutron OMs The bonding process they use requires that the two plastics are the same. There has been discussion on this in years past but I don't have ninja search skills...

While the OM may be slightly different material, it is certainly not the same material as Neutron plastic or Electron plastic... that wouldn't make any sense for them to have the OM in the first place

The OM is for weight distribution. The weighting agent they use gives the OM a different texture than the core. Like I said, this has all been discussed before.

Yeah What they REALLY need is a HARP/ZONE, BUZZZ OS and maybe some really slow discs like the Serpent and Scale and Iridium. Other than that MVP/Axiom/Streamline is REALLY solid. like, for reallllszz

Kinda makes sense. I'm still a little bummed, because when I first heard of the release of the Electron plastic with the overmold, I thought it was going to be this magical thing. Superb grip AND durability?! Not quite, but I still like it.

^ Never wanted the job of saving most places. Sometimes, amusement is more than enough.

I did in my first life.. Even tried with some DG stuff but now i do me. I only sell MVP stuff b/c of them thankfully grandfathering me into the wholesale program and just want to support a company which even outside of DG their customer service IMO is top notch. They do work and I love that as a small business owner myself. MVP are good ass peeps. They handle any customer issue i have had with zero problems. Keep up the good work Brad/ Chad and crew. It really is amazing what has become of that stupid first run ion which really isn't a good mold lol.

Oh i love my ions as well but when i tossed this FR :EEK:

These were so US it looks like a FH putter throw with an ion. Skip and all. There goes a $500 putter in the air. If i only had known even 3+ years that stupid used one would kill it today on the feebay.

Last edited:
Oh i love my ions as well but when i tossed this FR :EEK:

These were so US it looks like a FH putter throw with an ion. Skip and all. There goes a $500 putter in the air. If i only had known even 3+ years that stupid used one would kill it today on the feebay.

Nice. Did you hit 250ft with that throw ?

If you want we have a section on here that is for critiquing form. Maybe could help you out?!

Status
Not open for further replies.