• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Orbital definitely filled the bill for the understable driver I wanted that wasn't the Amp or the Switch.. I was curious how the Virus and Catalyst stack up for the most understable distance driver

I throw plasma Insanity(174g) for max distance and own Virus(171g) also, definitely more understable but more stable than I expected, nothing like Signal in fairway driver-class..

Got to experiment more in the summer but I might drop Virus out, can do quite similar lines with anhyzer Insanity

yeah I experienced this with the Volt where the stability was all over the place. I got an Amp and it was actually really STABLE, so I got another amp hoping to find the same HSS flight. My only complaint so far with MVP stuff.....the mids are almost all the same in flight, and the fairways are kinda all jumbled in there and just about do all the same (except the resistor) and they are inconsistent. so far that's what ive experienced and meh, I don't like it

My bags current fairway setup:

Neutron Resistor(175g), overstable utility, hooks left quite fast, 'spesially with a little hyzer from the start.

Plasma Servo(175g), straight flight with good fade in the end, when Resistor wont be long enough.

Neutron Switch(173g), for those straight'ish shots outside midway(Matrix) range, can crank it some and it wont turn and burn, usually some nice S-curve.

Neutron Relay(169g), from standstill with little hyzer and its straight, more power and thrown flat it hovers nicely to the right thru its flight. I usually use this for those shots I just cant make with sidearming the Matrix. Or if I need to fade left in the end.

And then I have my trusty old Plasma Volt(174g) as my all-around driver, I usually grab this when Im feeling I might be outside fairway-range but not in the distance driver-zone yet. Longer Servo(which I guess was the idea all along).

So far these MVP fairways havent left me in trouble!

I think this year I'm going to drop everything over volt speed, at least for the first part of the year. Really just to see if I can start stretching distances of slower discs instead of leaning on distance drivers for anything over 300'.

Planning on resistor, 2 or 3 volts, and relay. Maybe a signal in there for rollers and get out of trouble stand stills.

I did that last year, from January to March the Firebird was the fastest thing I threw.

It really helped me learn my fairways, and when I defend the Disctance Drivers back they were much more consistent.

Highly Recommend.

The Volt is a good one too, because it can be ranged a long way. My max D discs for BH are Elasto Kings, they go 390-425 for me with the occasional longer drive, even though it's much slower, I've thrown a Fission Volt 400.

I did that last year, from January to March the Firebird was the fastest thing I threw.

It really helped me learn my fairways, and when I defend the Disctance Drivers back they were much more consistent.

Highly Recommend.

The Volt is a good one too, because it can be ranged a long way. My max D discs for BH are Elasto Kings, they go 390-425 for me with the occasional longer drive, even though it's much slower, I've thrown a Fission Volt 400.

fizz volt is my farthest driver in the bag.

Agree on this! Volts are pure magic once you "get" them.

Highly Recommend.

My seasoned FR Volt is more often then not within 15' of my furthest throws during field work. Glide for days.

They need to make an Axiom version of the first run Volt. It's what the Amp wishes it was. I only have one and its white so it has to hibernate for the winter and man do I miss it when it's not in the bag.

They need to make an Axiom version of the first run Volt. It's what the Amp wishes it was. I only have one and its white so it has to hibernate for the winter and man do I miss it when it's not in the bag.

AFAIK they can run FR Volts whenever they want, so that might happen sometime down the road. They did something with the Plasmas to make them fly closer to FR's too.

The Electron Volt is molded up quite similar to the FR volt.

wut?

e volts start off as a regular volt flight but after one round it becomes to fly like an fr volt
The only problem is they fly great once broken in for a round or two but then become too flippy to control. If I played more regularly on open courses it would probably be fine. Heavily wooded not so much. Still bag a fresh one because I like the flight and feel but I only throw it on open holes

AFAIK they can run FR Volts whenever they want, so that might happen sometime down the road. They did something with the Plasmas to make them fly closer to FR's too.
I can hyzer flip mine to a super smooth controllable turn over. My plasma just isn't there yet. My Relay is the most similar in flight but it turns a bit sooner and doesn't work on the holes my FR shines on. Maybe I just need a fresh Relay

I can hyzer flip mine to a super smooth controllable turn over. My plasma just isn't there yet. My Relay is the most similar in flight but it turns a bit sooner and doesn't work on the holes my FR shines on. Maybe I just need a fresh Relay

thats a good enough excuse to purchase new plastic!

Not much mimics the beat in flight of the FR Volts. Plasma Volts even when beat in just don't have the same HSS as any other Volts except for Electron Volts for the brief period that they are not too broken in. I always snag a FR Volt when I see one because they sure have a sweet spot that just lasts forever. I have a 166g FR Volt that is a thing of beauty in terms of flight.

i cant believe how much love the fr volts are now getting. when they came out you couldnt resell a field thrown one for $8 in the marketplace.

i still dont think plaz is like a fr volt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts