• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Typically, neutron and stock proton are pretty similar flight wise. In my experience the sparkle proton and plasma seem to be similar in flight, a little less stable than the N and P. I think the protons tend to be a touch more durable, but finding bright colored protons in the weights you want can be a chore.

Ok, thanks for the help.

Both of those look like a lot of fun. Good video!

Personally really want to try the Energy. It may kick the Nitro or Phase out of the Gyro Bag if the feel is right.

It amazes me you can throw discs like this for distance. The nitro is plenty OS enough for me and is probably the first disc I've owned that I can throw farther FH than BH. The rim is just to big for me to get a good grip on at this weight(used to throw blizz apes but they were light enough that the grip was less of an issue). That and the beefiness gives me about 250ft on any kind of useful golf line BH, and that is about the limit of FH, normally. My FH is pretty weak, I can usually only throw it over 300ft when I'm not trying to, lol. I mainly do standstill FHs because I tend wrist roll really bad when I step into them.

To be fair I was a sidearm pitcher in college so a FH with about 10 degrees of anhyzer is my natural arm slot.

Have worked to get a good BH too but it's taken me years to get it over 400 with a controllable disc. The 172 Octane I have is about the most OS disc I can throw for BH distance.

Those protons are really nice looking. May have to get one when I have cash again.

"I'm starting to get into gyro. I just throw neutrons and photons, but have a couple of each."

That was a guy I played with a couple weeks ago. I think I spotted an inertia, tesla, volt, and some others, but they were all "neutrons" and "photons."

Nice video Brutus! Yeah, you crushed the 165g neutron Octane...vs the heavier proton version.

...wicked air bounce by your bud at 2:36!

Thanks for the video. Quick question, how overstable was the energy. Like was it stupid like a nuke os or faf firebird or was it just really overstable like the new destroyers? Would it make it good long hyzer bomb disc for big arms or was it somewhat of a overmeaty brick?

"I'm starting to get into gyro. I just throw neutrons and photons, but have a couple of each."

That was a guy I played with a couple weeks ago. I think I spotted an inertia, tesla, volt, and some others, but they were all "neutrons" and "photons."

Played recently with someone who said," I really like the gyro" so I replied that it was a cool effect, but which disc do you like? They say," that one, the gyro"

It was a Tangent...

Thanks for the video. Quick question, how overstable was the energy. Like was it stupid like a nuke os or faf firebird or was it just really overstable like the new destroyers? Would it make it good long hyzer bomb disc for big arms or was it somewhat of a overmeaty brick?

Actually, I was in that video :) Brian (the guy whose Youtube channel it is) is a good friend of mine and is letting me help him make these testing vids. One of the throws at the end in the open field is the best representation of the disc imo. I put about 450' of power on it, and it went for maybe 200' dead straight with a HUGE dump at the end, which was around 330 max. Surprisingly glidey for the overstability. It also works really well for an overhand disc, if that's in your bag. I would say a slightly broken in NukeOS, but only slightly.

Actually, I was in that video :) Brian (the guy whose Youtube channel it is) is a good friend of mine and is letting me help him make these testing vids. One of the throws at the end in the open field is the best representation of the disc imo. I put about 450' of power on it, and it went for maybe 200' dead straight with a HUGE dump at the end, which was around 330 max. Surprisingly glidey for the overstability. It also works really well for an overhand disc, if that's in your bag. I would say a slightly broken in NukeOS, but only slightly.

Well, whoever it was, I liked it. :thmbup:

Ok, thank you!

Played recently with someone who said," I really like the gyro" so I replied that it was a cool effect, but which disc do you like? They say," that one, the gyro"

It was a Tangent...

I've seen this with the circuit stamped discs. I'll hear "This circuit disc is great until I lost it" I'll be all like this one...and had them a disc, they will go nooo it was a (driver/mid/Putter). But never the one I handed them. At that point I just shake my head and tell them how to identify a MVP disc mold.

I wonder if the Atom is so close if they will bother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts