• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Word, thanks!

So new question: Fireball, Motion or Resistor?
Fireball is probably the most workable of the 3 but I always have a Resistor in my bag. I only carry the Fireball or Motion if the wind is an issue. I have a new unthrown 166g Yellow Resistor I could send ya for 13 bucks if you end up wanting to get one.

I've never thrown a bad Resistor. I kind of prefer a slower driver for my beef utility (Banshee is a good comparison) b/c the smaller rim is easier to grip across all the shots I'll use it for (thumbers, BH, FH, flick rollers, etc). This works out well for a gyro setup b/c MVP/Axiom still hasn't made a OS mid better than a domey Vector so you just power down a Resistor for the beefy mid shots. The 160s Resistors are cool too b/c they're so straight to fade. You can crank on them like a beefy Teebird.

For a minimalist bag, I like a Resistor more, for some of the reasons BroD mentioned. It can play the role of beefy fairway or mid, and FH's very comfortably. And in the woods, I would assume you don't necessarily need the Fireball's extra length.

Either one is a great choice though. BTW, Streets, I thought you already had (have?) a Resistor.

Either one is a great choice though. BTW, Streets, I thought you already had (have?) a Resistor.

I should have held on to some of the drivers I had tested....:doh:

Just wanted the general consensus on the differences between the three. Sounds like the Fireball or Resistor is the best option.

Welp, went to an out of the way PIAS that has MVP and no Resistors/Fireballs so ended up with a 177 N Vertex (Circuit stamp) and a 165 Plasma Wave (you guys make this sound like a bomber so decided to pick it up). Still going to keep it to Envies, Relay/Volt for a while though.

Also, almost grabbed a Fission Photon 165g, major pop top, which is kind of the first I've ever seen on a Gyro.

Those pop top Fission Photons bomb. They ease into awesome turnover drivers. I don't even bother with the Wave anymore. I much prefer the feel of the Photon in any plastic

Those pop top Fission Photons bomb. They ease into awesome turnover drivers. I don't even bother with the Wave anymore. I much prefer the feel of the Photon in any plastic

Is the Wave in the same class? Like the Insanity, Inertia, Tesla, Motion? I might try a Photon down the line.

Yes. Phase > Photon > Wave > Orbital

True, and there's a fairly big gap between the Photon and Wave (I have both in Neutron plastic). The Photon is Destroyer-"ish", and the Wave is flippy-Tern-"ish". They could conceivably make a disc that fits between the Photon and Wave.

True, and there's a fairly big gap between the Photon and Wave (I have both in Neutron plastic). The Photon is Destroyer-"ish", and the Wave is flippy-Tern-"ish". They could conceivably make a disc that fits between the Photon and Wave.
It's called a Defy

It's called a Defy

I haven't thrown a Defy, but from what I understand in others' comments, the Defy is more overstable than the Photon, rather than being between the Photon and Wave. Others' experiences may be different on that, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts