• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just ignore anything faster then a photon can't throw them anyway.

Same here. I have a Nitro itb but its only there for FH, insane headwinds and the occasional utility skip... The last time I threw it BH was last summer into a 30mph headwind and it still only went 250ish before dumping hard, lol.

Last edited:
I used to ignore anything beyond a speed 12 - but I tried the Mayhem, then the Tantrum - and I'll be the first to admit, I was wrong....the Tantrum is awesome, it bombs and the wide rim oddly feels easier to grip - like holding a soda can vs holding a marker - your fingers only need to curl in a little bit and you have a solid grip on the disc - and throwing it wasn't bad at all, you do need power and control but If you have ~ 375-400 ft power you can use a trantrum

My max is normally about 360 and I still can throw the Tantrum pretty well. I can get more max D out of a Wave but with less control. With my power, it flies like a Destroyer does for most.

Right now the Inertia is the fastest "throwing" disc in my bag, although I have another Fission Photon on the way....the last one was too light. 138 is just ripe for wind to do horrid things to your line.

I wasn't sure if the Delirium had released yet or not, I'd been seeing ads for it and assumed it had been. Guess I'll grab a Dimension and Particle for now.

I have read here somewhere that there is 2 different flight plates for discs molded in Plasma.I have a 164g Plasma Inertia on the way. Will this be the light flight plate or the heavy?

The 155 Plasma, that I currently have, has way more fade than my 168 Neutron. I am hoping that by going up to the 164 Plasma, that it make the disc fly flatter.

Anyone have any insight on this?

I seem to remember Zam saying that all the cores are light, and that they adjust the weight of the overmold accordingly.

Maybe he or someone more in the know than I can chime in.

I seem to remember Zam saying that all the cores are light, and that they adjust the weight of the overmold accordingly.

Maybe he or someone more in the know than I can chime in.

Yeah, I think that is true for Neutron, but I was thinking I read Plasma was different.....maybe I am mis-remembering

Axis all day.

Will handle the wind with added speed and works best for lower line/tunnel/downhills etc without getting pushed around like the slower or less stable molds.

Yo good call on the Axis it's an old friend I forgot how nice a broken in one is... I'm in the ace money now.. Axis uphill light headwind 220' straight to fade on #17. First throw on it in a month.

I was gearing up to get some electron Envy's and a Vanish / insanity but the disc vendor only brought his MVP crates no Axiom.. No eclipse Tangents or big z or MJ Comets...Good thing I went looking after my round, I'm a sad panda. Might get something I don't need like a Catalyst in a light weight or a electron Atom but I should just order what I want from KW's...

Yo good call on the Axis it's an old friend I forgot how nice a broken in one is... I'm in the ace money now.. Axis uphill light headwind 220' straight to fade on #17. First throw on it in a month.

I was gearing up to get some electron Envy's and a Vanish / insanity but the disc vendor only brought his MVP crates no Axiom.. No eclipse Tangents or big z or MJ Comets...Good thing I went looking after my round, I'm a sad panda. Might get something I don't need like a Catalyst in a light weight or a electron Atom but I should just order what I want from KW's...

Congrats on the ace! I can hook you up with an Insanity if 170+ is ok. PM me if you'd like one.

Congrats on the ace! I can hook you up with an Insanity if 170+ is ok. PM me if you'd like one.

Thanks man! I will pm you I'm looking for the lighter end of 170 but definitely time to throw some full weight mvp.. I know you were looking a while ago for an old Axis I got a second run 179?ish...I'm also looking for 166 ish electron Envy's..

I played an all gyro bag for the tournament and my course.. Pulled up a 6th in Open Masters missed payout at my place by a stroke, again. Someone shot a perfect score at my place setting a course record!

Status
Not open for further replies.