• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried volts a few different times. Each time they flew great for me at times but I never liked the shallower feel to them. They always felt off to me. Went to the tesla and between my plasma and neutron the volt was gonzo. Now with the inertia on the other side the amp is gone. So wanted to like the volt class but never really clicked. Plus there is more separation between craves and teslas than craves and volts.

I know I'll snag a volt again someday as my game progresses I like to revisit molds now and then.

volts are too good. I posted about that ace love in the volt thread. its in the bag 4 lyyyyyyfe. myyy lyyyfe. [most people wont get that one but I don't care]

I've been having an existential dilemma dealing with the fact that I love both the Volt and Tesla, but don't really need either in the bag. I just don't throw quite hard enough to really need a driver between the Servo class and the Photon.

I've been having an existential dilemma dealing with the fact that I love both the Volt and Tesla, but don't really need either in the bag. I just don't throw quite hard enough to really need a driver between the Servo class and the Photon.

That's exactly where I'm at. My craves go right to where I'd start using my photons and they're all so versatile. I find myself carrying a volt most rounds just out of love for it but never throwing it.

That's exactly where I'm at. My craves go right to where I'd start using my photons and they're all so versatile. I find myself carrying a volt most rounds just out of love for it but never throwing it.

Right? I've still been bagging a Plasma Volt, telling myself it's a "tweener" utility. I do like the Plasma for FHing.

I really liked the early run volts.

What would be similar these days?

I would say that the Plasma Amps, especially ones with a slightly raised shoulder, are the closest to the early run Volts. They still aren't quite the same. I have a bunch of the early run Volts and the beauty of them are their versatility. They hold hazers great, lighter ones are especially easy to hyper flip, and they hold controlled annys quite well. The flippiest one I have is a 166g one.

volts are too good. I posted about that ace love in the volt thread. its in the bag 4 lyyyyyyfe. myyy lyyyfe. [most people wont get that one but I don't care]

I've played in a suit but it wasn't me!

I forgot who said it, but I've also never felt great about the Volt class discs. The Volt flies great, but the rim was weird in my hand...I just stepped up to the Wrath and Inertia and they work just as good as the Volts, and then some.

I forgot who said it, but I've also never felt great about the Volt class discs. The Volt flies great, but the rim was weird in my hand...I just stepped up to the Wrath and Inertia and they work just as good as the Volts, and then some.
I did the same and the wrath is better than I expected. Dead straight, and can hold a big hyzer without flip, in the wind. And my plasma insanity is ridiculous. Glides for days. The virus is nasty understable, but it and the other ridiculously understable drivers from MVP/Axiom seriously changed the way I play and has added the roller shot to my bag, as well as giving me a much better play on a steep uphill dogleg right. Add the soft N proxy to that as the putter that took strokes off my card and you have a pattern that MVP/Axiom has revolutionary, game-changing discs that has helped my game without me changing anything but the discs I use.

I'm addicted.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Well finally had a 430ft+ drive with the Octane. Lost it into the wicked tall grass behind the pin, as I did not think I could throw it that far! For me its like a further Volt. I love my volts as well, Ive got a 1st run plasma thats gotten the right amount of stability to it.
Personally I really wish they would come out with some soft/electron Axis molds.

Well finally had a 430ft+ drive with the Octane. Lost it into the wicked tall grass behind the pin, as I did not think I could throw it that far! For me its like a further Volt. I love my volts as well, Ive got a 1st run plasma thats gotten the right amount of stability to it.
Personally I really wish they would come out with some soft/electron Axis molds.

I traded a guy awhile ago for his beat in N Axis. I stopped bagging it for a while because of the Theory. But ultimately, I didn't like the Theory.

This beat Axis is the perfect amount of US for me.

So, long story short, +1.

Finally got a Nitro and an Octane. So far the Nitro feels a lot like a Boss without some of the turn and fade. The Octane actually throws a lot like some of the less stable Star Destoyers I've had, not the Destrulan understable ones but it goes a long way and won't fade hard.

I've cycled destros for a while but for now they've been replaced by the octane and nitro. Really looking forward to the catalyst for the super beat destroyer spot.

Found a Proton Wave. What Innova disc would it be comparable to? My first impression was that it flew like my Champ Sidewinder but didn't seem to go as far.

I've cycled destros for a while but for now they've been replaced by the octane and nitro. Really looking forward to the catalyst for the super beat destroyer spot.

I don't know anything about Destroyers, but the Catalyst is definitely more US than the Octane. For me, it was easier to turn, and had less fade at the end. It held an anny line more effortlessly and longer, too.

Found a Proton Wave. What Innova disc would it be comparable to? My first impression was that it flew like my Champ Sidewinder but didn't seem to go as far.

Generally speaking, a Proton Wave will be a bit more stable, and longer than a Champ Sidewinder. The Wave is probably around an 11/5/-2.5 /1.5 on the Innova scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.