• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect thanks I like tricky and long... deliberated over a heavier one but finally cashed out and got them coming after reading this.. I'm surprised Thomas O doesn't have a Relay yet... I like it so much I've been packing two.

What have you been filling that slot with?

haha, I just got a relay in the mail yesterday. 175g White Neutron. Already bagged haha. It'll depend on the course but I feel it'll be a shorter insanity and very useful on wooded courses and in tough sports. Its a disc type ive used before - like the lat64 Diamond or the Vibram Onyx - a thinner fairway driver that is fairly understable and easy to throw - probably good when stuck in the much and have no arm room or run-up room and need to 'make something work'

Would like to hear more about the Relay and how experienced players use it

haha, I just got a relay in the mail yesterday. 175g White Neutron. Already bagged haha. It'll depend on the course but I feel it'll be a shorter insanity and very useful on wooded courses and in tough sports. Its a disc type ive used before - like the lat64 Diamond or the Vibram Onyx - a thinner fairway driver that is fairly understable and easy to throw - probably good when stuck in the much and have no arm room or run-up room and need to 'make something work'

Would like to hear more about the Relay and how experienced players use it

I throw it flat, and let the mild turn that it has, shape the shot for me. Mine (Circuit) is more stable than any leos I have thrown, but still US.

I also use it for forehands out of the shule, as it takes so little reach back to get up to speed.

As the Crave is a better TeeBird, the Relay is a better Leo

I throw it flat, and let the mild turn that it has, shape the shot for me. Mine (Circuit) is more stable than any leos I have thrown, but still US.

I also use it for forehands out of the shule, as it takes so little reach back to get up to speed.

As the Crave is a better TeeBird, the Relay is a better Leo

slow your roll...haha Crave is NOT a better teebird... but good to hear you like the disc

ThomasOrion,

I tend to either throw it flat and S curve or even C curve, Hyzer for tunnels, or power it down for mid like shots. If I had more power the hyzer would probably S more, but alas I have noodle-armitus. It can really do it all, with the exception of true long distance driving.

It does lots of things well. Great medium range roller disc. Handles controlled FH shots. Flip up and ride straight shots. Big sky anhys. Low hard anhys. I sometimes use it on no3 at Mt Airy which has a tight gap with a mando and then turns 90 degrees left. I can throw a high hyzer that will flip up just enough to find the gap, before a nice glidey fade kicks in that it rides around the corner. It handles being powered down very well, so I also use my beat up relay for most of my US midrange shots. You can also bomb these things out in the open where you have room for the disc to work.

For those of you that play golf, it is basically a 7 iron...;)

Excited to hear all the pro relay talk. Mines coming any day now (along with a particle and resistor). Hoping it doesnt overlap with my plaz crave. Im thinking the relay is more US so should be good? Im pretty excited to get my hands on it!!

I sometimes use it on no3 at Mt Airy which has a tight gap with a mando and then turns 90 degrees left. I can throw a high hyzer that will flip up just enough to find the gap, before a nice glidey fade kicks in that it rides around the corner.

Eh, I just throw an Envy there and take my 3.

I actually don't throw my Relay much b/c I also bag a Signal and it gets a lot of the utility shots. I use the Relay for probably what it's best at, finesse turnovers and hyzer flips. It's sneaky good at standstill FH turnovers. I have to throw technical turnovers a lot around here so it definitely gets use.

I actually don't throw my Relay much b/c I also bag a Signal and it gets a lot of the utility shots. I use the Relay for probably what it's best at, finesse turnovers and hyzer flips. It's sneaky good at standstill FH turnovers. I have to throw technical turnovers a lot around here so it definitely gets use.

Fwiw the signal sucks compared to the relay for any real power but such a easy fairway to throw it felt like cheating. A lot like the orbital but damn those molds are turn happy. Id rather throw some slower US stuff or stable up a bit.

Crazy you don't throw the relay much... It is my baby in the woods with theory and ion.

Fwiw the signal sucks compared to the relay for any real power but such a easy fairway to throw it felt like cheating. A lot like the orbital but damn those molds are turn happy. Id rather throw some slower US stuff or stable up a bit.

Crazy you don't throw the relay much... It is my baby in the woods with theory and ion.

I throw the shizz out of my MVP mids in the woods b/c despite what some may believe, most of the Gyro mids are great. 90% of my woods golf is like Volt flicks, Vector, Axis, Theory, and Ion. The Relay comes out more on moderately wooded courses where kicking off a tree doesn't murder your scorecard. The Signal is my US "dammit" disc. "Dammit, I'm stuck on the left side behind the corner, well c'mere flippy POS Signal I need a ridiculous FH turnover" or "dammit, Russell Schwarz designed this hole so it's shaped like a boomerang and I need a stupidly flippy roller." The courses around here make me swear a lot. :|

Everything above... I just started with a new 174 since my 166 is heavily used and now it doesn't hold the straight flat lines I use it for when I power it up and I don't really like it for hyzer flipping.

What I mean is the margin of error has changed and I favour using a flat shot with minimal anny and it is tending to hold it really well so it's filling a different slot..

I rely on the Relay as a solid BH anchor / utility disc ... if I'm not sure what to throw it's a safe bet. Two and three disc rounds... Laser straight drives, uphill minimal fade drives, trick short S shots because I don't carry an OS mid.. FH control, short thumbers, upshots, bad footing / restricted motion shots.

It is kind of like the perfect 165 Champ Roadrunner I once had, I'm pretty comfortable playing with it and a putter.

Status
Not open for further replies.