• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relay's a disc that you can basically make up shots for... Hmm that's an interesting line, I bet I could get the Relay to do that...

Played with my 155 Plaz Ion -------------->:):):)

...and all I did was putt with it. I was hitting spin putts like Josh Anthon out there, ha ha. OK not really but it really takes nothing to putt it and yet still very Ion like in stability.

Sorry if this has been talked about before but I couldn't find anything.

Was wondering if the MVP/Axiom disc more consistent from run to run than regularly molded discs, kinda tired of trying find the 2nd run red one of random disc x because they had the slight dome / flat / pop top and perfect plh.

Was wondering if the MVP/Axiom disc more consistent from run to run than regularly molded discs, kinda tired of trying find the 2nd run red one of random disc x because they had the slight dome / flat / pop top and perfect plh.

For the most part, absolutely. Except for a few molds that have been tweaked as MVP cut their teeth like the Ion, Shock, etc they don't show much variation. I haven't seen much PLH shenanigans except with some Teslas. All discs from all companies are hit or miss but MVP does do a noticeably better job of keeping them consistent.

Not only are they really consistent, other than exemptions Bro Dave said.. But the plastic changes within molds are for the most part what you would predict.. IE you have a Neutron Tangent that you lose with a year or so wear you can buy a Plasma off the shelf and it will fly like your lost one. The Neutron softs being the exception they are less HSS like you think but often have a little more LSS than you might expect.

I guess we now know why the Deflector took so long to get released after the approval. Looks like they're going to be making new molds for all the discs...

Thanks guys, I'm coming back into the game after about a 6 year break and it's really nice <sarcasm> to find out that replacing anything I may lose in my bag is going to be a chore at best.

So does this mean they're going to have patent numbers on all MVP discs so we know which ones are newer or not? (sort of like PFN on Innova molds)

So does this mean they're going to have patent numbers on all MVP discs so we know which ones are newer or not? (sort of like PFN on Innova molds)

Looks like just website tooling where to find the patent info and then flight numbers. So yes will be very obvious like when tooling as changed previously on the cores and now even with stock stamps as well.

But unlike innova PFN the molds will still fly true :cool: :p

I see they've added the flight numbers online already. Those look mostly accurate compared to my experiences with them (Volt 8/5/-.5/2, Tesla 9/5/-1/2, Resistor 6.5/4/0/3.5). The only thing I'd maybe quibble about is that those glide numbers may be a touch higher than reality.

I'm assuming they'll be doing this for Axiom too?

Thanks guys, I'm coming back into the game after about a 6 year break and it's really nice <sarcasm> to find out that replacing anything I may lose in my bag is going to be a chore at best.

View it as an opportunity to experience a lot of new discs.

I spent many years playing without even looking at new discs. When I decided to play much more actively again and update my bag, I found so much greater variety available. I think the only molds I still carry from that period are my Omega SS and a Dragon (for water shots). Everything else in the bag has changed.

I see they've added the flight numbers online already. Those look mostly accurate compared to my experiences with them (Volt 8/5/-.5/2, Tesla 9/5/-1/2, Resistor 6.5/4/0/3.5). The only thing I'd maybe quibble about is that those glide numbers may be a touch higher than reality.

I'm assuming they'll be doing this for Axiom too?

This is very interesting. Agree with you on the glide numbers. Glad to see the Tangent wasn't given a 5 though.

No speed 12, which is also interesting.

I guess we now know why the Deflector took so long to get released after the approval. Looks like they're going to be making new molds for all the discs...

That looks firmer than the current run of Neutron...not a firm as the old Neutron, but still!

I am excited if this is to be so. Currently, all new premium discs going into my bag are Discraft...I can get those in firm.

Well, I haven't looked at MVP's site in a while, and they seem to have made things a lot more confusing. Speeds are, whatever, a marketing tool which is fine (no matter what company you're talking about). However, I always liked that MVP used actual wing widths to group their discs. But it seems like they've reassigned the wing widths now? I'm looking at their site here: http://mvpdiscsports.com/disc-golf-disc-models

I'm assuming they didn't change all these molds, but now they are putting a bunch of discs with 20.0mm wings such as the Tesla, Inertia, etc. into a group called "18.5mm Distance Drivers" on their site. The descriptions of several of those discs like the Inertia even says specifically that they have 20.0mm wings, so why did MVP group them into a group called "18.5mm Distance Drivers"? And the Phase, Photon, etc. are grouped into "11mm Distance Drivers" even though they are (were) supposed to have 11.5 mm wings. To further confuse things, if you select a disc in the new "18.5mm Distance Drivers" group, on the disc page it says "All models in the 18.5mm Fairway Driver class, displayed by relative stability." Anybody know what gives? Are these just a clerical errors updating the site with the new speeds or has it been like this for a while?

So the Deflector is going to fly how we wanted the Tensor to fly? Anyone want to trade a Deflector for my Tensor, it's like new - only thrown for a couple rounds...

They don't have to make new molds they just have to do a little work to add the word "PATENT" to the mold.

They don't have to make new molds they just have to do a little work to add the word "PATENT" to the mold.

This is correct. Should be a pretty simple revision. I change/add text in molds all the time. No need to build anything new at all. Just as long as you remember to mirror the letters before you engrave them!!

Status
Not open for further replies.