• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I threw together a random travel bag and picked a Motion as my main FH Driver. The 167 Neutron I have was less OS than I remembered but darn if they don't fly far. Was routinely parking 400 ft holes once I remembered to throw it completely flat instead of a mild anhyzers.

I threw together a random travel bag and picked a Motion as my main FH Driver. The 167 Neutron I have was less OS than I remembered but darn if they don't fly far. Was routinely parking 400 ft holes once I remembered to throw it completely flat instead of a mild anhyzers.

I've had 2 motions both 169g. They don't really turn on their own but they will hold some anhy for a bit before the flex snaps in back over. With your FH, I can definitely see where it might not fight out if you get it over a bit too much...

They definitely need to make a stiff eclipse Motion... *droolface*

I've had 2 motions both 169g. They don't really turn on their own but they will hold some anhy for a bit before the flex snaps in back over. With your FH, I can definitely see where it might not fight out if you get it over a bit too much...

They definitely need to make a stiff eclipse Motion... *droolface*

Yes that would be great.

Opinion on these as a starter "bag" from MVP? I love everything about the discs compared to other brands I've held and few discs I've used in the past. (Teebird, Valk, Aviar, Buzzz) I had the privilege of playing a round with an Axis / Atom and fell in love with how they all felt in my hand.

Proxy Firm Electron 175g
Envy Neutron 165g
Axis Neutron 170g
Resistor Neutron 165g
Inspire Neutron 165g

Are there any plastics you would change, or anything you would add? I don't have the arm strength to throw anything above a 7 right now.

I'll try to give my opinions the best I can on why I picks the discs I did but would love to hear other opinions as well

Proxy Firm Electron - I love how the Atom felt in my hand but loved how the Proxy / Envy felt even better. I think the firm electron plastic will be best for max weight putting as long as I don't hit too many trees.

Envy Neuton - Upshots that need a bit of fade

Axis Neuton - I threw this disc and was throwing completely straight. I was throwing the crave a little bit further just as straight but I just loved the line of the Axis compared to the Crave in my hands

Resistor Neutron - My course has a lottttt of awesome skip potential so I think this disc would fit perfectly in tons of situations

Inspire Neutron - I loved how the Valk flew but my arm speed just wasn't enough high enough to handle it so I feel like this will be the perfect disc to replace my valk.

Resistor Neutron - My course has a lottttt of awesome skip potential so I think this disc would fit perfectly in tons of situations

I'm not sure on your armspeed, I'm a noodle arm, I use a 150 Fission Photon in my stable slot ( think 150 Flick that's less stable) or / and a 166 Switch (straight to hook). The resistor scares me and I haven't thrown it I also don't skip, all rocks no lawn.

Opinion on these as a starter "bag" from MVP? I love everything about the discs compared to other brands I've held and few discs I've used in the past. (Teebird, Valk, Aviar, Buzzz) I had the privilege of playing a round with an Axis / Atom and fell in love with how they all felt in my hand.

Proxy Firm Electron 175g
Envy Neutron 165g
Axis Neutron 170g
Resistor Neutron 165g
Inspire Neutron 165g

Are there any plastics you would change, or anything you would add? I don't have the arm strength to throw anything above a 7 right now.

I'll try to give my opinions the best I can on why I picks the discs I did but would love to hear other opinions as well

Proxy Firm Electron - I love how the Atom felt in my hand but loved how the Proxy / Envy felt even better. I think the firm electron plastic will be best for max weight putting as long as I don't hit too many trees.

Envy Neuton - Upshots that need a bit of fade

Axis Neuton - I threw this disc and was throwing completely straight. I was throwing the crave a little bit further just as straight but I just loved the line of the Axis compared to the Crave in my hands

Inspire Neutron - I loved how the Valk flew but my arm speed just wasn't enough high enough to handle it so I feel like this will be the perfect disc to replace my valk.

I personally would go Relay over inspire. Never thrown the inspire but don't need to since the Relay is awesome.

I like firm electron for putting too. Feel and sticks to ground on long misses. If you want a little more glide on your puts try a Streamline Pilot.
Proxy and Envy are also two of my favorite discs but I only drive and approach with them.

Good luck, Iceman!

D7

Last edited:
Proxy is not available in Electron yet. Surprised no one has caught this. You'll have to go Envy or Atom in the meantime. The Relay is awesome and versatile. Resistor doesn't really skip all that much, maybe move up to a Tesla, Motion, or Fireball for skip shots. And as Aim said, you gotta have a Volt in there. Try a lightweight Fission or Plasma if you want a straighter flight with less arm speed

I personally would go Relay over inspire. Never thrown the inspire but don't need to since the Relay is awesome.

I like firm electron for putting too. Feel and sticks to ground on long misses. If you want a little more glide on your puts try a Streamline Pilot.
Proxy and Envy are also two of my favorite discs but I only drive and approach with them.

Good luck, Iceman!

D7

I was checking out the relay and the the flight paths aren't just quite enough for what I need it for and I felt the inspire was a good choice between the relay and the insanity.

Proxy is not available in Electron yet. Surprised no one has caught this. You'll have to go Envy or Atom in the meantime. The Relay is awesome and versatile. Resistor doesn't really skip all that much, maybe move up to a Tesla, Motion, or Fireball for skip shots. And as Aim said, you gotta have a Volt in there. Try a lightweight Fission or Plasma if you want a straighter flight with less arm speed

Thanks for your response :) That was my bad on the Proxy Electron.. maybe one day... haha

I decided to go with the Atom as I've used it before but figured the Envy / Proxy combo would have looked nicer in the bag. I added the fission volt to the list. It seems like it would have been the main thing I would have been missing and fits very well, especially with the fission suggestion

As for the resistor, I was checking YouTube and reviews on here etc for a utility / skippy disc and everyone recommended the Resistor for that. It had the perfect amount of skip on a hyzer line and because of how wooded / and how much skip potential there is at my course I felt like it would have been the perfect fit. I'm also worried about the higher speed discs as usually anything above a 7 I can't really notice a difference on distance so I REALLY need to improve on my form and improve my strength before getting the big sister versions.

Here is the updated list

Atom Firm Electron 175g (174 would be the lowest I'd go with these, maybe 170)
Envy Neutron 165g (- in weight if 165 not available)
Axis Neutron 175g (+ in weight if 175 not available)
Resistor Neutron 165g (+ in weight if 165 not available)
Volt Fission 170g (- in weight if 170 not available)
Inspire Neutron 165g (- in weight if 165 not available)

Also, what the heck did you just call me deyo7? I'm telling my mom

I didn't feel like cutting the big post down haha...

What was your putter before loving the gyro?
How do you putt? Push, Spin, Lob or spush?

175 firm e Atom and a 165 N Envy may be sort of redundant in flight. The Atom bridges the gap for me between the Proxy and Envy. My N Atom flies like a proton Envy with a few years of wear.

Personally I avoid the soft N Envy... they tend to have more turn and more fade then in any other plastic. There is a firm Neutron available.... And sweet Plasma!

Not sure which plastic you tried the Atom in likely an electron but there is a reasonable difference between a Neutron and a Electron... if you bag it in multiple plastics it's a solid one putter mold. If you loved the feel of the Proxy / Envy that tells me you might change your mind about the Atom. I love my electron soft envy for putting, straight, glidey.. My Neutron Atom is close to them. Also really like my plasma Proxy for approach and putting. Either way you go you will love it.

Welcome to the fantastic and superior world of gyro :)

I didn't feel like cutting the big post down haha...

What was your putter before loving the gyro?
How do you putt? Push, Spin, Lob or spush?

175 firm e Atom and a 165 N Envy may be sort of redundant in flight. The Atom bridges the gap for me between the Proxy and Envy. My N Atom flies like a proton Envy with a few years of wear.

Personally I avoid the soft N Envy... they tend to have more turn and more fade then in any other plastic. There is a firm Neutron available.... And sweet Plasma!

Not sure which plastic you tried the Atom in likely an electron but there is a reasonable difference between a Neutron and a Electron... if you bag it in multiple plastics it's a solid one putter mold. If you loved the feel of the Proxy / Envy that tells me you might change your mind about the Atom. I love my electron soft envy for putting, straight, glidey.. My Neutron Atom is close to them. Also really like my plasma Proxy for approach and putting. Either way you go you will love it.

Welcome to the fantastic and superior world of gyro :)

Wow, this is really food for thought.

I was using an Aviar after I was gifted a XT Nova but the Nova was way too big for my grubby little paws. I got to play a few rounds with an Atom and fell in love but I really think the Envy / Proxy would suit my putting style a bit better.

As for style, I love spin putting (especially from 30-50ft out) but really need to focus on push putting when closer to the basket I think. My putting form is my worst form and I love how much it exposes what I have to improve on.

Should I be focusing the form that is most comfortable for me and just use that style or should I utilize a few different styles depending how close I am to the basket?

I love spin putting but because I'm so new to the sport I haven't really locked in any bad habits or anything I can't fix so I have no problem changing stances besides the one spread legs that makes me look like I'm taking a dump. My body shape does not work with that form at all. :p

I never thought about how similar the flight paths would be, especially after beating in the Envy. I really like your suggestion on using the Envy as the putter and the Proxy as the approach disc. I never thought of using them that way, only Proxy as the putter and Envy as the approach.

Would you suggest I use just use 1 putter for putting (eg, atom) or should I utilize 2 discs (putting /w envy and approaching with proxy) There are a lot of situations where I could see myself using the envy for approach shots over the proxy but if they fly similar once beat in I think going the route you suggested with putting with envy and approaching with proxy, or just using the atom would be best.

Thanks again for the reply and feel free to correct any errors I made, I'm still relatively new to the sport but fell in love with how MVP discs felt in my hand so I'm trying to get a grip.. haha... get it?.. on everything.

I was checking out the relay and the the flight paths aren't just quite enough for what I need it for and I felt the inspire was a good choice between the relay and the insanity.

Yeah, go with whatever you feel comfortable, but just don't sleep on the Relay as you go forward. It can do whatever "flight path" you want.

Wow, this is really food for thought.

I never thought about how similar the flight paths would be, especially after beating in the Envy. I really like your suggestion on using the Envy as the putter and the Proxy as the approach disc. I never thought of using them that way, only Proxy as the putter and Envy as the approach.

Would you suggest I use just use 1 putter for putting (eg, atom) or should I utilize 2 discs (putting /w envy and approaching with proxy) There are a lot of situations where I could see myself using the envy for approach shots over the proxy but if they fly similar once beat in I think going the route you suggested with putting with envy and approaching with proxy, or just using the atom would be best.

It really just depends on how many molds you to carry. Proxy and Envy can be redundant but I carry both and have different uses for both. Envy can be absolutely smashed on and still keep it's high speed stability (no turn), so I drive or approach from afar with it. If the focus is to place the disc on an absolutely perfectly straight line, I Proxy. That includes drives off the tee that aren't super far to the point I'd use my Envy or Axis. Both Proxy and Envy can handle approach duties fh or bh. Atom, Proxy, and Envy all have fans. MVP/Axiom/Streamline have great putters.

Yeah man whatever feels good in your hand... if you have a plastic type and preference let us know. I like electron for baskets but am scared of the durability so I use it for putting only and carry a backup for driving where I don't think it will get abused. I recently did a bag shuffle over a love affair with E soft Envy's. I find the feel more similiar between an Atom and an Envy.

Blah blah me..... If I had it to do from the get go I'd probably get a Plasma envy and Proxy, both 170g ish and throw the _______ out of them and then decide which way to go. Maybe a 174 Envy for more separation. Both will last and season and be indestructible.

The Relay is awesome, I haven't thrown the Axiom counterpart discs. The Vertex also deserves a look but may be redundant beside a Proxy.

Status
Not open for further replies.