• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
$_57.JPG

Bam, thanks guys. Gonna love this color

Scored a sweet plasma Octane tonight and noticed that it's more translucent than any plasma I've seen. Like it's Peary and Smokey but you can see your hand clearly on the other side. Is that normal. It's way domier than my first run but seems exactly as stable as I'd want it to be.

Scored a sweet plasma Octane tonight and noticed that it's more translucent than any plasma I've seen. Like it's Peary and Smokey but you can see your hand clearly on the other side. Is that normal. It's way domier than my first run but seems exactly as stable as I'd want it to be.

They do that sometimes. There was a N Axis at one of the local shops for awhile that looked like it was brown in the low light of that shop. Must have looked passed that thing 20 or 30 times over a couple months. Then one I day I picked it up and held it to the light, it was actually a dark purple and translucent... I guess it was just reflecting the cardboard bins they use to get the brown color?:confused:

The fission Photon is bad ass.

I checked out 5 fission Photons at a shop today from 154g to 165g and they all had identical moderate dome. The plasma I have is board flat, I dig it but it's a little beefy for my BH unless I force some flex on it.

What kind of dome does yours have?

I checked out 5 fission Photons at a shop today from 154g to 165g and they all had identical moderate dome. The plasma I have is board flat, I dig it but it's a little beefy for my BH unless I force some flex on it.

What kind of dome does yours have?

Mine is flat and I typically release with a touch of anhyzer for a straight long flight. Flat release for a turn that starts at about 65% of the flight.

So I decided to put an Envy in the bag for a round the other night - I don't know what it is but it just doesn't seem to fly any different than my Proton Atom - its just not that OS ---- at all. Its straight, but I didn't really get the fade I was looking for. I hope the Entropy will be close to a Harp/Zone. Also hate to say it but I don't know if I need Envy's given I use a lot of atoms - I mean, ill hang on to them but....idk - not very OS at all

So I decided to put an Envy in the bag for a round the other night - I don't know what it is but it just doesn't seem to fly any different than my Proton Atom - its just not that OS ---- at all. Its straight, but I didn't really get the fade I was looking for. I hope the Entropy will be close to a Harp/Zone. Also hate to say it but I don't know if I need Envy's given I use a lot of atoms - I mean, ill hang on to them but....idk - not very OS at all

What plastic on the Envy? All Envy plastics have more HSS, but maybe not a lot more LSS.
The old firm Neutron was more stable than what the softer med

You might think this is blasphemous, but I put away my N Atoms in favor of an N Envy, Plasma Proxy combo for driving putters looking for more separation. They all feel basically the same in hand but I'm liking this combo for the little extra separation. Still putt with an E Atom and would probably choose an N Atom for drives if I had to pick just one.

What plastic on the Envy? All Envy plastics have more HSS, but maybe not a lot more LSS.
The old firm Neutron was more stable than what the softer med

Neutron 174 - the old Halloween one, a newer Neutron - I do have a more firm neutron that's pretty OS, but - that's the most OS the rest are just straight

You might think this is blasphemous, but I put away my N Atoms in favor of an N Envy, Plasma Proxy combo for driving putters looking for more separation. They all feel basically the same in hand but I'm liking this combo for the little extra separation. Still putt with an E Atom and would probably choose an N Atom for drives if I had to pick just one.

no not at all - I was on the fence of using Proxy/Envy or a few atoms - its basically the same thing just a slight feel adjustment - no wrong answer . For fun I will toss in the Proxy/Envy now and again - I do love those discs still - :)

Oh new MVP OS Putter called ENTROPY will be out sometime in the distant future - its a thing. just no details yet - more OS ENVY more OS PARTICLE basically

I had kind of hoped that's what the Particle would be. To me it seemed the stability was indistinguishable from that of the Envy, at least for short FH hyzer ups which I auditioned it for.

I had kind of hoped that's what the Particle would be. To me it seemed the stability was indistinguishable from that of the Envy, at least for short FH hyzer ups which I auditioned it for.

It was - I got 2 max weight particles right when released and I was SOOOO AMPED - but it literally was just like an atom, like no different at all - I erally feel they missed the mark on that one completely - Envy isn't really OS anyway

ive been falling back in love with my insanity now that it has that speed boost flip its so easy to throw and muster out a little bit moar d i just wish it would lose some fade

ive been falling back in love with my insanity now that it has that speed boost flip its so easy to throw and muster out a little bit moar d i just wish it would lose some fade

I love this post. It's the perfect example of things that are very descriptive to disc golfers but to anyone else sounds like pure madness.

How does inertia compare to insanity? I know, the insanity is supposed to be the "beat in Inertia" but is it really? The inertia doesn't have much fade to it once it's beat in... so wondering if Inertia has less lss yet more hss, in comparison to an Insanity?

How does inertia compare to insanity? I know, the insanity is supposed to be the "beat in Inertia" but is it really? The inertia doesn't have much fade to it once it's beat in... so wondering if Inertia has less lss yet more hss, in comparison to an Insanity?

Insanity does show a bit more high speed turn than an inertia. Doesn't fade back nearly as much or hard as an inertia

Ive developed the impression the the Vanish is a longer Insanity. So much so I no longer carry the insanity. If you have experience with both, what would you say the Insanity offers that the Vanish doesn't (or vice versa)?

Status
Not open for further replies.